Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

I can't access my favourite NZB/Newsgroup/Indexing site!

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby Suplyndmnd » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:08 pm

Nuttyguy wrote:
newzBin is temporarily unavailable

Please try again later. newzBin is currently down for maintenance, but should be back up shortly.

think they're upgrading to version 3.0?

Doubtful as version 3.0 has been readily available for months now. at v3(dot)newzbin(dot)com
Suplyndmnd

Postby weaksauce19 » Wed May 23, 2007 2:07 am

what happened to dvderotica.net? Great community, guess the domain is up for sale.

I wonder where those members went too?
weaksauce19

Postby brucedlx » Wed May 23, 2007 12:50 pm

tvnzb.com is back up and thank god for it!
brucedlx

Postby Chopsus » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:05 am

grubbymitts wrote:NZBZone, Newsmonster and TVNZB - where have they all gone?

*ducks* :twisted:

TVNZB is back up and running after a little vandalism - the downtime has allowed for some redevelopment and the addition of discussion forums.

Cheers

Chops
Chopsus

Postby Captain America » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:59 pm

just a heads up everyone. Merlins-portal.net moved to a faster server over the weekened. You may need to clear all cookies/cache to get the correct address. Some have been reporting it as down, but it is up... I'm Captain-America on the portal if anyone needs help.....
My Machine:Intel I7 @ 2.7ghz| MSI X58 Platinum SLI Socket 1366 ATX Motherboard MS-7522| 2x Hitachi 500gig internal| Geforce gtx 260 core 216|SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 2x| dvd lightscribe|Vista 64bit
Captain America

Postby memoman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:21 am

nzbsrus is down.
memoman

ALT-BIN.COM

Postby buzzra » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:40 pm

The alt-bin[DOT]com website has had a script error problem for a few months now. All pages work but the ones that list new requests and filled requests. Anyone else having this problem?
buzzra

Where is Binage.Com?

Postby frodneb » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:44 pm

I have noticed over the past week or so that Binage.Com is gone. Anyone know what is going on? It is a great .nzb indexing site and can find a lot of pieces that don't seem to show up anywhere else.
frodneb

Postby flisstt » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:29 pm

I really hope it isn't so but this weekend I have been unable to access binsearch.net/.info, does anyone know if there is a problem or if it's my end? TIA
flisstt

Postby napho » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:23 pm

flisstt wrote:I really hope it isn't so but this weekend I have been unable to access binsearch.net/.info, does anyone know if there is a problem or if it's my end? TIA

You only have yourself to blame. :lol:

http://binsearch.info/
napho

Postby Watain » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:59 am

binsearch is down at the moment...anyone know whats going on?
Watain

Re: I can't access my favourite NZB/Newsgroup/Indexing site!

Postby binage » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:42 am

I feel like it will come back soon, it just needed summer vacation like everyone else.
binage

Postby sabremyth » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:47 pm

Bookmark me
http://GoNZB.com :D
Free newsgroups access
anon, lossless, free, euro uncensored image hosting is here. gif avatars too can be hotlinked.
sabremyth

www.nzbmatrix.com down?

Postby ejonesss » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 pm

has http://www.nzbmatrix.com been busted by the anti p2p groups or is it the recent earthquakes on the west coast that caused it to be down?
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby TwhiT » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:22 am

i'm worried about newsmatrix too =/ please come back matrix!! :tinfoilhat: :tinfoilhat:
TwhiT

Postby danman2k » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:39 am

Hi guys im a mod from over at NZBMatrix.com and the problem is with the hosts at the moment.
they had to move a lot of boxes due to the floor been warped or something.
But now they can not get our box back on, they are looking into it and we will be back online asap.

From the hosts

"Hello Everyone. It has come to our attention that there is some issues with the raised flooring within our suite. Some of the support columns that are bolted into the floor are bending and are warped. This is causing the floor the sink in area's and putting a very heavy load on the racks. Therefore we are being asked to move certain racks off the damaged area to a safe place while the work is completed"

and now they can not get ours to start back, they have gave a max down time of 12 hours

Danman2k
NZBMatrix Staff
danman2k

Postby Gecko » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:05 am

Thanks DanMan2k
Gecko

You know, every time I see the word "Sharman", I think about Mr. Whipple selling me that paper I wipe my ass with after I shit. Yeah, sounds about right...
Gecko

Postby ejonesss » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:51 pm

danman2k wrote:Hi guys im a mod from over at NZBMatrix.com and the problem is with the hosts at the moment.
they had to move a lot of boxes due to the floor been warped or something.
But now they can not get our box back on, they are looking into it and we will be back online asap.

From the hosts

"Hello Everyone. It has come to our attention that there is some issues with the raised flooring within our suite. Some of the support columns that are bolted into the floor are bending and are warped. This is causing the floor the sink in area's and putting a very heavy load on the racks. Therefore we are being asked to move certain racks off the damaged area to a safe place while the work is completed"

and now they can not get ours to start back, they have gave a max down time of 12 hours

Danman2k
NZBMatrix Staff

1. why not put the servers in the basement.

2. when you relocate you may want to move to sweden where you are immune to the legal threats.

3. do some geological research and locate the servers in a cave at high altitude so you dont have to worry about flooding due to rivers overflowing in an area that is not near the edge or straddling tectonic plates so you dont have to worry about earthquakes

4. buy your own servers rather than renting (remember what happened to demonoid?) and strap some instant thermite to the servers mainly the hard drives so if they get raided all you have to do is hit a button and instantly the drives are melted down.

5 like 4 host it from your own house instead of an isp so you have better control against raid.

for thos who dont know what thermite is it is a mix of different metal filings and liquids that reacts to produces a very hot fire that can melt stuff.

also there are house jacking poles you can get they are like giant versions of the bar spreaders prisoners use to break out of jail they have threaded ends that can be used to make temporary supports.

so use a bunch of house jack poles to lift up the floor so you can remove the bent beams and put in new ones.
ejonesss

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:15 pm

ejonesss: seriously, you need to think about some of the things you say.

point 3. (minor) where would you suggest they look for high altitude caves with electricity and broadband connections?
edit: wait, never mind, i figured that one out. they can lease space from NORAD.

point 4. (NOT minor) if these people are, as you have assumed they are, located in the US, booby-trapping the systems with thermite charges is a MAJOR FELONY - far more severe a crime than ANY copyright issues. we're talking substantial jail time. and i don't doubt the same applies in most other countries as well.
MrFredPFL

Re:

Postby ejonesss » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:37 pm

MrFredPFL wrote:ejonesss: seriously, you need to think about some of the things you say.

point 3. (minor) where would you suggest they look for high altitude caves with electricity and broadband connections?
edit: wait, never mind, i figured that one out. they can lease space from NORAD.

point 4. (NOT minor) if these people are, as you have assumed they are, located in the US, booby-trapping the systems with thermite charges is a MAJOR FELONY - far more severe a crime than ANY copyright issues. we're talking substantial jail time. and i don't doubt the same applies in most other countries as well.

thermite is not classified as an explosive because otherwise when the mythbusters tested the hindinburg myth and they was able to make thermite for making the reflective doping paint used and not require explosives experts.
especially remember the 1 foot square samples they burned they took several seconds to burn if they would have went poof in less than a second then it may have been classified as an explosive requiring explosives expert and license.

fireworks sparklers are a form of thermite it makes the rod glow red hot after it finishes.

ok maybe thermite is not good to boobytrap servers with.

lets try developing a system where the entire board lives on a dvd or cd for the os and software and the database lives in ram (memory chips) so as soon as it is unplugged the user base , torrents ( if torrent tracker) and nzb files (if news indexer) are gone so then all the raiders are left with is a bootable cd or dvd that boots to a blank user database

oh by the way remember the case where the judge ruled that the ram was a subpoena able item?

most servers are set up where it uses a virtual memory swap file that writes to hard drive.

my idea is to have no hard drive and use the real ram chips and boot from cd or dvd so the data is lost.
ejonesss

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:06 am

ejonesss wrote:thermite is not classified as an explosive because otherwise when the mythbusters tested the hindinburg myth and they was able to make thermite for making the reflective doping paint used and not require explosives experts.
especially remember the 1 foot square samples they burned they took several seconds to burn if they would have went poof in less than a second then it may have been classified as an explosive requiring explosives expert and license.

ummm - i didn't say thermite was an explosive :P

ejonesss wrote:lets try developing a system where the entire board lives on a dvd or cd for the os and software and the database lives in ram (memory chips) so as soon as it is unplugged the user base , torrents ( if torrent tracker) and nzb files (if news indexer) are gone so then all the raiders are left with is a bootable cd or dvd that boots to a blank user database

oh by the way remember the case where the judge ruled that the ram was a subpoena able item?

most servers are set up where it uses a virtual memory swap file that writes to hard drive.

my idea is to have no hard drive and use the real ram chips and boot from cd or dvd so the data is lost.

too bad that won't fix the floor in their suite ;)
MrFredPFL

Postby ejonesss » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:46 am

good news everyone it is back up and working
ejonesss

Postby danman2k » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:41 am

yeah guys site is back up and running %100

we also took the opurtunity to upgrade our server(new cpu, ram, hdd) while the site was offline

all back to normal now though

Danman2k
NZBMatrix Staff
danman2k

Postby ejonesss » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:44 am

danman2k wrote:yeah guys site is back up and running %100

we also took the opurtunity to upgrade our server(new cpu, ram, hdd) while the site was offline

all back to normal now though

Danman2k
NZBMatrix Staff

if your old hdd is non functional make sure you destroy it so it does not fall into the wrong hands.
ejonesss

Postby TwhiT » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:42 am

well sh*tbricks, nzbmatrix is down again =/
Will it be back up anytime soon? TIA
And just for the record, you guys are THE best nzb site!! :loveyou: :toast:
I'm probably going to donate another $10 to them b/c they've never failed on me....well, before this i mean :lol:
TwhiT

PreviousNext

Return to NewsGroups