Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

What public tracker should I use now?

Discussion about the BitTorrent Network and the Clients used to access it.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

What public tracker should I use now?

Postby Kitlope » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:45 pm

since Demonoid is down, perhaps forever. This really sucks, I had 98 torrents that I seeded on that tracker... a lot of rare indie music from my CD collection. Anyhoo, I need a good tracker....I tried the pirate bay a few weeks ago but was having problems with it....my upping torrent kept switching to dht and their forums said there were some issues currently with the tracker.

Any idea's/suggestions would be great. I know there's threads around that has a list of trackers but a lot of these haven't been updated in months, even years. Don't need a 3 year old obsolete tracker :) I might try TPB again, hoping they have their issues resolved but i'm still open to suggestions.
Clicky here for my seeding FLACs!
Kitlope

Re: What public tracker should I use now?

Postby Lee1001 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:02 pm

I've same problem,130 odd torrents,will wait a week or so to see what Demonoid is up to then start looking to see if any new trackers appear that is usable,at the moment there's not any, other than Mininova,that I can find.
Lee1001

Postby Nutty-Slack » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:08 pm

Mininova is just an indexing site (search engine).
Common enough mistake though. :P
Take Zeropaid's bizarre list for example: http://www.zeropaid.com/links/bittorrent/
:roll:

You could try:
www . torrent-downloads . to
www . sumotracker . com

Quibus Societas Nobis Intemporaliter
Nutty-Slack

Postby jay-jay » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:14 pm

If you were mainly uploading music then you could try a good music BT site, such as FileMP3, its a decent tracker and worth a try!

ilovetorrents is also a good choice for general files, obviously isn't going to be as big but its a free registration at the moment.
jay-jay

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:02 am

Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Postby Kitlope » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:37 am

After some months of "shopping" Ive decided on the German zerotracker. Seems to be reliable (although the site is down atm), simple and user friendly. However, the more I look around the more I realize just how kickass Demonoid was with their excellent user stats, pm/comment section and forums... nothing in a public/private hybrid compares.

I have 18 torrents up now since 2 weeks ago and will be putting my Cd's up in FLAC format. I also make sure my torrents get onto sites like BTJunkie, Mininova, TorrentReactor and Kerrazy Torrents, among others.

Seems that The Pirate Bay has fixed their tracker issues by using a whole new tracking system in December but still decided against using it due to all the legal ramblings at the time. As great as TPB is I feel their getting too big for their own good.

Thanks for the suggestions...if I have any issues with zerotracker I'll probably give sumo a try.

Kit
Kitlope

Postby Kitlope » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:57 am

yup zerotracker is down forever and my torrents are now DHT but appearing as dead in search engines. I'll be having to remake them using another tracker.

Any suggestions? I need a public tracker; was thinking sumo. What I want is a nice "control panel" with updated stats (every 10 - 20 min) so I can keep an eye on my torrents...I especialy like the "downloads" or "completions" column some trackers have since its nice to see which torrents become very popular.

Most importantly it must be reliable. Funny, from what I gathered on Zerotracker's site it went online 4 years ago but within 2 weeks of me joining (and just enough wasted time of posting torrents) it goes offline, apparently forever.
Kitlope

Postby Kitlope » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Another request for some current stable, public trackers that have a statistics system in place via webpage so I can monitor seeds/peers & completions in real time.

h33t tracker was perfect for this but they went offline today. I'm sure it will be back up but I have a gut feeling it's down for good.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Kit
Kitlope

Return to BitTorrent