Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Thanks Megabitz

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Thanks Megabitz

Postby Gecko » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:15 am

I just wanted to post a thank you to someplace I know you frequent and give a little word-of-mouth.

I went to the "best news provider" thread up above and was looking at the last few pages and was impressed with your replies to questions and whatnot. So I headed on over to your site to check things out. I'm on a cable ISP, south Texas, and never really maxxed out my connection, being happy with my giganews upfeed provided by my ISP (limit 2 connections @ 65Kb/s each).

I checked out your unlmited /8 connection package, as that seemed about right, considering I download an assload and 8 should max my connection I believe (I think I'm somewhere around 5Mb). Set up was a snap on my Nzb-O-MaticPlus, and I had my cable isp and megabitz set up, 10 connections total.

Loaded up a 71 day old post, fairly obscure group. My ISP choked and I started getting incompletes out the wazzoo, but megabitz didn't miss a beat. HOLY SHIT...550Kb/s.

Wow.

Thanks man. I was going to get the package anyway, but your 95 cents/first month basically twisted my arm. :)
Gecko

You know, every time I see the word "Sharman", I think about Mr. Whipple selling me that paper I wipe my ass with after I shit. Yeah, sounds about right...
Gecko

Re: Thanks Megabitz

Postby radioplatte » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:07 am

Shit, megabitz only twisted your arm? Megabitz busted into my apartment, drank 3 of my Newcastle's and proceeded to plop down and watch my TV on my couch. He's been there ever since......

I kid I kid, megabitz is awesome, great customer service.
http://www.megabitz.net - Reliable, Value Priced Usenet Access
radioplatte

Postby 939841 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:20 am

megabitz is awesome, great customer service.

... when they're not passed out drunk on your couch watching your TV.
Laptop: AMD Turion X2 T-52, 2gb DDR2-667, 160gb HDD, Ubuntu 8.
Desktop: Intel Core2Quad , 2gb DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 Mushkin, GeForce 8900GTX, 3TB SATA2 (6x500gb) all 16mb cache, Logitech z5500, Dell 1907FP, LG 37" HDLCD, Asus P5B Deluxe w/ WiFi, XP
MookeyMookerson wrote:For god's sake do not visit it using IE though.

Postby Anon_ » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:22 am

939841 wrote:
megabitz is awesome, great customer service.

... when they're not passed out drunk on your couch watching your TV.

I'm starting to wonder if Megabitz is a 1-2 man operation with server rackspace rented at a colocation facility. I've attempted to contact them two times through their support email and there has been no reply in the past ten days.

There is a bulletin on Megabitz's main page about being closed for vacation, but it's highly odd that such a business would not retain support staff year round in case of some unforeseen event. Very disappointing. :(
Anon_

Postby Nutty-Slack » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:39 am

Gosh!
Yet another thread about ''Megabitz''.
Cheaper than buying adverts I suppose....

Quibus Societas Nobis Intemporaliter
Nutty-Slack

Postby GrymRpr » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:57 am

Thanks for the smile N.S. :lol:

As to this thread:
Gecko
I went to the "best news provider" thread

And common sense would have been posting in That thread instead of starting this.

Tho.. thats just me..
SlyckNick: wrote:
I abhor what slonceck and suprnova have now become.

The Worst thing to happen to any O.S.?
The GUI!
GrymRpr

Postby usenet119 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:47 am

It seems clear that most Usenet providers are not huge companies. Having chatted with support at a number of providers, it seems to me that I often get replies from the same one or two people. Includes Usenet-News, Usenetmonster, and even Newshosting.
usenet119

Postby scubascythan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:39 pm

usenet119 wrote:It seems clear that most Usenet providers are not huge companies. Having chatted with support at a number of providers, it seems to me that I often get replies from the same one or two people. Includes Usenet-News, Usenetmonster, and even Newshosting.

What do they need many people for? Only require a few for support, someone who occasionally updates the website, and then just the business/engineer guys setting up servers and checking it/fixing it/notifying whoever if something goes wrong.

Then they just wait for the cheques to roll in. ;)
scubascythan

Return to NewsGroups