Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Do I need Kazaa lite, if I have IMesh lite

Discussion about the iMesh program and its network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby The Censor » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:31 am

Since iMesh also does fast track, in addition to its own network, can I uninstall kazaa lite if I install iMesh lite?

Thanks in advance
The Censor

Postby SlyckTom » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:10 am

Actually, iMesh connects to FastTrack and that's it. They're using an outdated FastTrack stack. I think it takes preference of fellow iMesh users before it accepts connections from crappy Grokster or Kazaa. So maybe you should dump iMesh and get Kazaa Lite, although I dont know why anyone would want to bother with FastTrack
SlyckTom

Postby DaBlade » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:24 am

If you need the download adress for K++, here it is:
http://cache.techtv.com/binaries/2003/klite.zip
LinuxP2P.com - Share The Penguins!

"A life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes
DaBlade

Postby The Censor » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:19 pm

SlyckTom wrote:Actually, iMesh connects to FastTrack and that's it. They're using an outdated FastTrack stack. I think it takes preference of fellow iMesh users before it accepts connections from crappy Grokster or Kazaa. So maybe you should dump iMesh and get Kazaa Lite, although I dont know why anyone would want to bother with FastTrack

Thanks, but I'm confused. According to the stats:
FastTrack 3,005,829
eDonkey 1,184,919
iMesh 989,376

This looks like iMesh is a different network than FastTrack (the third larget).

and since FastTrack is the biggets P2P network, shouldn't this be a reason to use it?

Thanks again
Danny
The Censor

Postby SlyckChuck » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:36 pm

If you want a good link for kazaa lite just look inside Slyck forums. From there you will find not one but many options like on this thread: http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2331 .

Choose the one you will like best. :D

CHEERS BACK
The 80's Still Rule
SlyckChuck

Postby WitchHunterRobin » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:38 pm

The FastTrack network is a very good network, DEPENDING on what you download. I only used WinMX for 2 years, and downloaded Kazaa Lite just to get one very hard to find album that was NEVER available on WinMX. Not only did I find all the songs i was looking for, but got them all in about an hour. And i also found many songs i could never find on the WinMX network. Then again, all the music i download is indie, so the odds of downloading a fake is a longshot. However, with popular music there are many fakes on the FastTrack network, while on WinMX there are very few, and there are probably few on the lesser used iMesh. The best advice would be to use a combination of a few networks.
WitchHunterRobin

Postby sunnyssa » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:41 am

Hrre go to this

http://www.oldversion.com

and select kazaa lite there I dont hwy you owuld choose Kazaaa lite though if you want a excellent file sharing programme i recoommmend theses. They can be downloaded from download.com

1. Ares Galaxy
2.DC++
3.Shareaza ( i dont use it but i like it for some reason
sunnyssa

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:47 am

dont bother with either get the revolution in the fasttrack network MAMMOTH

http://www.mammothp2p.tk

Its better then booth.
Anonymous

Postby lovedrug » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:20 am

mammoth should get a file rating system like shareaza has . that would make it a bit better to weed out fake files etc.
lovedrug

Postby napho » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:31 am

SlyckTom wrote:Actually, iMesh connects to FastTrack and that's it. They're using an outdated FastTrack stack. I think it takes preference of fellow iMesh users before it accepts connections from crappy Grokster or Kazaa. So maybe you should dump iMesh and get Kazaa Lite, although I dont know why anyone would want to bother with FastTrack

That's true although iMesh never really explains what it does and why. It seems to have it's own little piece of FastTrack, then when it gets extra sources from other FT nodes you can see it kick into high gear and download ALOT faster. Since it's all FT anyway, it might be better to just use Kazaa-Lite or 2.6 and jump nodes for extra sources.
napho

Return to iMesh