Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

move unfished emule downloads to another harddrive?

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

move unfished emule downloads to another harddrive?

Postby sunflower04 » Sat May 05, 2007 7:57 pm

is there away to move unfinished emule downloads to another hardrive without losing them, and being able to finish them.

several of my downloads are close to being finished, and i can move them once they are finished, but i don't know if i have enough harddrive space to finish them off.

the harddrive that came with my computer is almost full, so i bought another harddrive, but i need to move if possible downloads in progress to the new hardrive without losing what has already been downloaded.
sunflower04

Postby aizurd » Sat May 05, 2007 8:03 pm

I think you would just copy all the files in the emule temp folder to the emule temp folder on your new hard drive.
aizurd

Postby sunflower04 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:13 pm

thanks for answering. so are you saying that i should install emule on the new hard drive, and copy all of the temp download files to the folder on that hard drive?
sunflower04

Postby IceCube » Sun May 06, 2007 2:35 am

It's one way of doing it. Though that would require some work reconfig. etc.

Here's my suggestion though.

1. Create a folder in the new hard drive that you want all your temporary stuff in.

2. Cut and paste all the partials to the new folder.

3. Start up eMule.

4. Click on 'Options'

5. In the new window, in the left column, click on 'Directories'

6. Copy and paste the file path over top of the line on the right side of the window that says 'Temporary Files' (if you don't understand how to copy and paste the file path, go to the next step)

7. Click on the second 'Browse...' (in the 'Temporary Files' box)

8. In the new window, browse to the new temporary folder and click 'OK' when you've click on the directory you want.

9. The third window will close. Click 'Apply' and click 'OK'

10. If the partials are not present (after they loaded in which you should see in the 'Log' tab after clicking the 'Servers' button), click on 'Shared Files' button and click on the 'Reload' button.

11. If they still won't load, shut down eMule and start eMule.

I hope that helps. :)
IceCube

Postby sunflower04 » Sun May 06, 2007 4:15 am

yes that helps thank you. my new harddrive is bigger then my default harddrive that came with my computer.
sunflower04

Return to eMule / kad