Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Questions for any edonkey2000 expert

Discussion about the eDonkey program and both the eDonkey2000 network and the Overnet Network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Questions for any edonkey2000 expert

Postby Crowster1 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:23 am

Hello everyone,
I was on edonkey2000 and I accidenly shared all my files on my hard disk by selecting a quick check box. I'm a bit worried that other people may have seen these files. Although, I found out that edonkey files cannot be shared until they are 'hashed.' I remember seeing the word 'hashing' appear immedialy after I stopped sharing the files. Is it possible that the files could not have been shared because they were not hashed until after i stopped sharing them. The incident only occurred once, for the first time.

When does hashing actually occur? And when the word 'hashing' appeared does it still mean that hashing did not finish, so nobody could have obtained my files? When does hashing finish?

Thank You
Crowster1
Crowster1

Postby HouseCrowd » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:39 pm

How long before you noticed? If we're talking minutes and it was still hashing the files, it's unlikely that anyone would've had chance to see your shared files, nevermind have time to download them. Have you ever tried to get a file which has only 1 source? ... it takes an age!
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby IneptVagrant » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:16 am

By default, users can't browse your shared files. So unless you told somethign the ed2k-ip link for your files, no one saw them!

Each file is shared, as soon as its finished hashing, them moves to the next time. But again, unless you pointed someone to it, which you obviously didn't -- no one could of seen it.

EDIT: of course I'm thinkinga bout emule, I'm not sure if default on edonkey2000 is viewable by others.
IneptVagrant

Location: close the world . . . . . . . . . . . . . . txEn eht nepO

Return to eDonkey2000 / Overnet