Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

WinMX Today

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

WinMX Today

Postby chuck » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:37 am

The never ending soap opera called Winmx is still going strong.
With accucations Of treachery ,profitering and out and out lieing.

We now have two pie teams.The main members of pie have moved to http://www.mxpie.info . They are headed up by Gem and Jim.
After they asked vladd44 to step down from the team for lack of support , ad's on mxpie.com telling users they could BUY winmx and the way one wanted all the glory with none of the work. One can only guess who this one is. Vladd?

At this time the site MXpie.com is down this is the site vladd44 owns.
Their patch which is the same patch as the other pie patch can be found here for now http://www.vladd44.com/
One of his team knobby has stated that they are comeing out with a patch that will block fake flooded files.This was 2 weeks ago nothing more has been said about the date it will be out.

The MXpie.info site is still up and looks to be the site that all the old pie team work out of now. They are still useing the host file for connections and asking people to run peerguardian to block the fake flooded files. They are not going to add blocking to their patch.

The dill patch the only patch that so far has had no down time and has blocking built in is still going strong it can be found at http://www.winmxworld.com/

If any one cares to keep up with the soap opera or let their thoughts be known here is a few links to look at to back up this post for being just the facts. http://www.vladd44.com/phpbb2/viewtopic ... 6416#46416
and
http://www.winmxworld.com/forum2/index. ... 175.0.html

Its really sad what mx has become the last year. I still use it to look for hard to get files and stay out of the chat rooms the chat wars are so childish. And being that the Wpn started in 2001 with winmx2 it wasnt till the shut down of the servers 2005 that the FBI started catching pedos in the chat rooms.Im all for getting the pedos off line but i wonder how safe the chat rooms are now or mx for that matter.
Remember PG2 and ProtoWall, but dont think that they will save you its just better than nothing.

This is just a update so there is no need to flame anyone here ive given links to their forums so tell them and lets keep this from getting locked so others can stay up to date.
chuck

Postby Keyser_Soze » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:47 am

Okay so what was the point of your making that post here unless you want someone to respond to it and possibly potentially flame you, so that you can make another post to back up your initial post. YOU are only fanning the flames and it is NOT an informative post just to keep people updated - FACT. I can tell you absolutely that if this post degenerates I will surely pm a Mod because as far as I can tell you are just trying to make trouble. I don't care a monkey's toss about the fights that are going on with the various different factions. You have an agenda by coming and posting all that rubbish and qualifying your need to do so by saying you're just keeping people updated. Just clear off and post your rubbish somewhere else mate.
Keyser_Soze

Postby chuck » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:05 am

Well Mr Soze it is to inform any users that there are 3 teams working to keep mx up and that there is still infighting between them all. I ask you if it is of no importance to you why did you post? Your inflammatory post could just as well be taken as just trying to make trouble . As far as ive seen members can post on this forum and the dont flame part was just for people like you .
Mate
chuck

Postby Keyser_Soze » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:12 am

And you've just proved my point.

(If you think the above was a flame you really must be a girly girl).
Keyser_Soze

Postby chuck » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:19 am

keyser ive looked over your 44 post on this forum and ive not seen one yet that was information . Your only reason to post is to get a responce. You speek of fanning the flames and you dont care a monkey's toss about the fights yet all your post is intended to do is start a flame.
Ive given 3 links for downloading patches for mx ive informed of a split in the pie team ive stated there is still a childish infighting in all 3 teams.

As you so put it. Just clear off and post your rubbish somewhere else mate. If you feal the need to post again ill just look over it and take it for a post from a troll.
chuck

Postby yesse420 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:52 am

I for one appreciate the information Chuck posted. Some of the information was not needed but for the most part it's good to know which one of these groups is going to emerge as the more popular peer cache. Keeping track of it has increasingly become as large pain in the ass.

Long live WinMX.
yesse420

Postby notbob » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:35 am

oh no! a turf battle over a p2p that no longer exists (well unless you count a botched reanimation as a p2p)

meanwhile, hundreds of crimes remain unsolved--use your super journalism skills to uncover them!
i eat regularly
notbob

Postby jimmy90 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:49 pm

I appreciate the news but I haven't used WinMX for 4 years or something
jimmy90

Postby Dazzle » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:07 pm

Thanks for the info Chuck, I have been offline for a few weeks myself and it is a chore keeping up with all the non-events that seem to hog the limelight.

I would like to take the oppourtunity to thank all those involved in bringing winmx back to life and continuing its operation, today marks a whole year since the RIAA lawsuit threat took frontcode from the scene and for that reason alone is worthy of a mention. Cheers to you all 8)
Dazzle

Re: WinMX Today

Postby ..Ñøßߥ.. » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:09 am

chuck wrote:We now have two pie teams.The main members of pie have moved to http://www.mxpie.info . They are headed up by Gem and Jim.

One of his team knobby has stated that they are comeing out with a patch that will block fake flooded files.This was 2 weeks ago nothing more has been said about the date it will be out.

A few corrections/updates:

Jim has resigned from Pie team for personal reasons, as i understand it.

My name is clearly Nobby and not Knobby.

The new Pie patch is in final testing and i would expect release in the near future, i can also confirm it will actively block flooders.
..Ñøßߥ..

cvb

Postby {MXC}michael » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:56 am

so who is writing this patch?
the reason i would like to know is so i give credit to the person who actually deserves it.
{MXC}michael

Postby mrbag » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:09 am

I use winmx for the open nap ,i think next to torrents,the amount of files is incredible. i can find ANYTHING there. if you know what your doing its a fine program
mrbag

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:24 am

shhhh, mrbag. opennap is our little secret ;)

:)
MrFredPFL

Postby P2P_G » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:39 am

Lol :lol: I use WinMX without OpenNap :P I like the chat rooms too :D
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Re: cvb

Postby ..Ñøßߥ.. » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:45 am

{MXC}michael wrote:so who is writing this patch?
the reason i would like to know is so i give credit to the person who actually deserves it.

Its a hired independent.
..Ñøßߥ..

Postby silversurfer » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:30 pm

hmm so whos paying for this new "cough" supper magic patch < funds from the pay button ?? i wonder>

so Knobby deff not a spelling mistake can you answer with a stright answer with out going round the bushes and fully explain in a adult manner

QUESTION ? will it still be a host file

QUESTION ? how will this will block fakes

QUESTION ? how it will update every time a new one is found

QUESTION ? how are you locating fakes and flooders

QUESTION ? the testing not just 1 person with a p1 pc on a win95 will it be across platform
silversurfer

Postby -KM- » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:31 am

you forgot to ask if it would involve the use of an oh-so-evil dll file... lol
-KM-

Postby Dazzle » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:33 am

Patience please gentlemen.

When it arrives I,m sure it will be released with fanfare and we can move on a little from the pro/anti flooder division of the community.
Dazzle

Postby ..Ñøßߥ.. » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:45 am

As Dazzle points out, it will be here very soon, after all the troubles we've had with various versions from various programmers we finally have a version that seems to be finished (only took delivery 2 hours ago!)

I wont give any more details, as the release is iminant you can go look for yourselves.

Although KM, Bug and a few others wont be able to take a look as they have already proclaimed it doesnt exsist, and are more than happy to take pot shots the the few ppl that are prepared to step up and help ensure Pie users are protected. Shame on them.
..Ñøßߥ..

Postby -KM- » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:42 am

nobby you seem to have forgotten to answer the questions...

personally i would like to know, is this just going to be a poor copy of an old version of my patch? or are you going to release something that is as good as my patch? (you have already stated you don't plan on releasing anything as good, let alone better, but please do clarify it in black and white* for everyone)

*black and white is used figuratively, in the form of ths forum it would be more accurate to state it in black and light grey
-KM-

Postby Keyser_Soze » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:16 am

Yes and my dick is bigger than both of yours.

Stop arguing and competing like little children. If you've both got good ideas then try to combine them into one patch. Stop waving your dicks in the air and get on with it.
Keyser_Soze

Postby Dazzle » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:09 am

For once Keyzer and myself are in agreement, this is a site that is visited by those with a serious outlook on p2p and its future, lets squabble on our own sites (if we must !) and keep Slycks clean, sensible and informative, abusing posting freedom here is likely to loose the winmx community friends and potential future goodwill.

I apologise to Slycks on behalf of both parties above :|

Lets see what the wind brings with it, and evaluate it when it arrives, nothing more need be said.
Dazzle

Postby ..Ñøßߥ.. » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:53 pm

Dazzle wrote:I apologise to Slycks on behalf of both parties above :|

Lets see what the wind brings with it, and evaluate it when it arrives, nothing more need be said.

Agreed

i was never out to please km with the patch, that is not possible, i simply seek a sensible solution for those that do not use his .dll for whatever reason. Protection for the users is the goal here. :)
..Ñøßߥ..

Postby chuck » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:30 pm

It is being said that the new patch is out and can be downloaded by asking for it in a vladd44 chat room on mx.

People are all ready talking about AV such as Kaspersky reporting it as a dangerous process. But we all know this could not meen nothing at all.

Its reported that it is no more than a a tool that modifys your host file bundled with peer guardian lite useing the block tards list in it, not the winmxworld list.

At this time ive not tried the new patch and cant say if you can change the block list,But i would think that you could.

The licence agreement says that the src is available as long as you sign a non-disclosure agreement and show ID to pie (aka Vladd), this is not open src and no one should claim it is.
The licence also grants the rights of this program to pie (aka vladd ) and disputes are to be settled in a US domain in Travis County, Texas , I am assured no members of the pie team live their except one.

All this was taken from the thread on winmxworld as this is the only place any info has been posted that i have found. The thread is here http://www.winmxworld.com/forum2/index. ... 97.new#new

It looks as if the pie patch still uses the winmxworld servers and that they have not added any new servers of their own.

Other than the down time that the host file users have had the old patch has worked well other than blocking fake flooded files. With the new patch they say this is taken care of only time will tell. Any one wishing to try this new patch id say get in tuch with nobby in one of the vladd44 chat rooms or on the vladd44 forum here : http://www.vladd44.com/

Im sorry unless im missing some thing this looks like no more than the same patch as the old one just adding a installer for peerguardian lite. I hope nobby or some one with the pie team will come foward and give more info .

The winmxworld DLL has no need for a extra program to block the fakes and auto updates faster than the peerguardian lite program does. it can be found here: http://www.winmxworld.com/

Just remember that any thing you read on the vladd44 forum will be pro pie patch and any thing you read on winmxworld will be pro DLL, so make up your own mind as to which is best for you and for the WPN.

Its not often that i agree 100% with Mel_Smiley_VIP but as he stated on september 24
(I think everyone should turn off PG and then be careful what they share on winmx. I don't fully trust anyone connected to the network anymore.)
That is one wise post in my opinion.
chuck

Postby Dazzle » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:32 pm

Its a decentralised network and therefore its not likely that anyone has either the resources or the inclination to generate large quantities of dodgy users without this being detected by us.

This seems more a case of crisis of confidence rather than any credible threat, you actually have a team of highly trusted folks scanning the network on your behalf to rid it of disruptors.

As I posted recently , when was the last time MX users got any nasty letters, thats the real proof of how safe it is.

Moving on..

I spoke to Nobby earlier and raised the src issue with him but regardless its a good idea as far as we are concerned to block the flooders, he mentioned that the new host update is being released slowly as a "test the water" release and he is listening for feedback at the moment, you can obtain a copy from Vladds main page link if your interested.

Due to not having the src or wishing to agree to the licence agreement I cannot comment on it besides noting it has PG Lite as part of the package, anything else from me is speculation.
Dazzle

Next

Return to WinMX