Slyck Chatbox - And More

video Downloads

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

video Downloads

Postby John Stallone » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:46 pm

Hi
I just came over from donkey. Imported my incomplete downloads from donkey to mule's Incomming Folder. When the first video file completed I opened the Mulke's Temp file and instead of a single MOVIE file, I found lots of .met files...Donkey saved it as just one click on one file icon and it opened in my player...I now have two movies in that folder and it looks like a mess of .met files..I can't tell what is what.
HELP.
THANKS
John Stallone

Postby LD50% » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:08 pm

The incomplete files needed to go in the emule TEMP folder not the incoming folder. Incoming is for finished files, mule will dump them there on completion.

your complete file is in incoming, your mets etc are for the temp, your complete file in in incoming. You are ok, just back to front.
LD50%

Postby IceCube » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:14 pm

I'm going a little out on a limb on this, but...

I think the .met is a metafile which contains download information which eMule uses to help download the file (part information, etc.) Each incomplete file will have the following in your temp folder:

###.met.part (the actual data in the file) and a ###.met file.

I'm guessing your seeing a lot of .met files because each one is an incomplete download you have imported and you're importing a number of files over. :)
IceCube

Re: video Downloads

Postby lordpake » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:31 pm

John Stallone wrote:Hi
When the first video file completed I opened the Mulke's Temp file and instead of a single MOVIE file, I found lots of .met files...

That's because they are not there, assuming you didn't do anything funny with dir settings..

Check Options - Directories where your Incoming folder is. look for those files there.
lordpake

Postby John Stallone » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:04 pm

Thanks Guys

Got it right!
John Stallone

Return to eMule / kad