Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

Shareaza edonkey disconnect

Discussion about the eDonkey program and both the eDonkey2000 network and the Overnet Network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Shareaza edonkey disconnect

Postby bluestate american » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:34 pm

I'm using Shareaza. G2 and G1 connect fine, but Edonkey says it cant find servers. I've tried f9 discovery services, very few .met appear and non work.

Is edonkey down or have I flumoxed something????
"If anybody needs me, I'll be in the clock tower"

- Wooldoor Sockbat
User avatar
bluestate american
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:58 pm
Location: 1st quadrant of the US

Re: Shareaza edonkey disconnect

Postby P2P_G » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:03 pm

bluestate american wrote:I'm using Shareaza. G2 and G1 connect fine, but Edonkey says it cant find servers. I've tried f9 discovery services, very few .met appear and non work.

Is edonkey down or have I flumoxed something????


Some eD2k servers ban's shareaza, don't use shareaza with eD2k! its bad for the servers and it sux, try eMule or eDonkey2000(offline install, so you won't get adware)

I recomend eMule.
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby bluestate american » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:11 pm

well, this is weird,

Shareaza reports Disconnected for edonkey, but is actively uploading edonkey partials... I've noticed shareaza status reporting weirdness before, but not like this
"If anybody needs me, I'll be in the clock tower"

- Wooldoor Sockbat
User avatar
bluestate american
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:58 pm
Location: 1st quadrant of the US

Postby OhMyGod » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:44 pm

Just re-install Shareaza, it should fix this.
And I always use Shareaza for eDonkey because the downloads are always faster then what they are with eMule or eDonkey2000. I never had a problem with any servers blocking Shareaza. I always can connect to my favorite server with high id with no problems.


Thanks. :D
User avatar
OhMyGod
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:39 pm

Postby IceCube » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:47 pm

bluestate american wrote:well, this is weird,

Shareaza reports Disconnected for edonkey, but is actively uploading edonkey partials... I've noticed shareaza status reporting weirdness before, but not like this


This might be the result of source exchange which is why you can get ED2K sources while not even connected.

OhMyGod wrote:And I always use Shareaza for eDonkey because the downloads are always faster then what they are with eMule or eDonkey2000.


That's odd. Was this with a file that was exclusively with ED2K sources or were there G2 sources helping out with the transfer when you noticed this?

I'm asking because I personally downloaded the same file with the same hash value with the two clients at the same time and, unless there were G2 sources avaliable, eMule was always faster at getting the file.

There is one other reason I stopped using Shareaza and that was because when I used it, the default was to allow browsing of shared file directories. It was a security risk to me because RIAA screenshots can easily be faked.
User avatar
IceCube
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Igloo Country?


Return to eDonkey2000 / Overnet

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com