Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Peergle

A place for developers and programmers of file-sharing software to discuss issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Peergle

Postby Sacky » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:59 am

Im currently making a new P2P system that involves indexing gmail drives through a .peergle file and downloading them through a client, however it is still in development, so if anyone is interested in helping out PM me, id be really glad to have you :)
Sacky

Postby Sacky » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:43 am

Really, anyone who knows even the most basic visual basic code could help us out, also PHP/mySQL/C++ people we could use, as well as batch

On another note:
Is this spamming, because i dont want to spam, if its against the forum rules please let me know
No Message here...
Sacky

Postby HouseCrowd » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:21 pm

Sacky wrote:On another note:
Is this spamming, because i dont want to spam, if its against the forum rules please let me know

Well yeah, but since it's kinda 'good spam', I think we can allow it ;)

We don't allow images in sigs though, so if you manage to fix the link to the image in your sig, could you please remove it :P

Good luck with the project!
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby Allied » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:59 pm

P2P that indexes gmail drives? 2 thoughts,

1, Peer2Mail is being blocked by MSN and a few other email sites. Google has the power to block it but AFAIK, they havn't. Will your app be blockable?

2, how will you keep our Gmail account passwords safe? In order for the Gmail server to send data, it needs to see a password. So we either send our passwords to all peers or we have to act as a proxy between the person who requested the file and the server.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Sacky » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:29 pm

1. My app won't be blockable because its going run off a program that creates a virtual file system around Gmail. At the moment were using the app Gmail Drive but we will soon make our own. So our server doesn't have any contact with google, the individuals do through the peergle client. So I guess it would be blockable but it wouldn't be as simple as blocking an IP range.

2. This has been a lively topic that we are still debating. At the moment they are totaly unprotected in the .peergle file, but were tossing but between encryption in the peergle file, or to have a File ID that it uses to talk to the server and then the server gives them back the gmail account and password, so the user can't see what username and password the files are coming off
No Message here...
Sacky

Postby thamasta2k3 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:59 pm

Any updates on it?
thamasta2k3

Return to Developers Forum