Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Can't Get Game File to Work--Help!

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Can't Get Game File to Work--Help!

Postby Cable666 » Mon May 22, 2006 2:45 pm

Okay, so I downloaded a game: it's in .RAR format, but when I try to open it, I just get a message that the archive is either unknown or damaged. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do with these files? I have two of them, both of them the same game, and both behave the same way.
Cable666

Postby Anonymous » Mon May 22, 2006 3:27 pm

FastTrack/Kazaa

nuff said
Anonymous

Postby Cable666 » Mon May 22, 2006 4:17 pm

I got it from Kazaa--what's Fastrack?
Cable666

Postby SlyckTom » Mon May 22, 2006 4:25 pm

:roll:
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Postby nikt » Mon May 22, 2006 4:32 pm

Fastrack is the network , that kazaa client connects to, widely known to be polluted with fake / corrupted files like you just experienced.In additions kazaa contains loads of adware & spyware inside.

Recomendation , change network and client of choice.
Preferably bittorent or ed2k.

Here you`ll find what you need:

http://www.emule-project.net
http://www.utorrent.com
nikt

Postby yaveznodo » Mon May 22, 2006 4:36 pm

It's probably damaged, or has a virus, or both, or it's about to self-destruct.

Advice: STOP USING KAZZAA. :)
yaveznodo

Postby IceCube » Mon May 22, 2006 4:44 pm

If BitTorrent and eMule is too complicated for you, you might like to try Shareaza.

However, if you think you can figure out BitTorrent and eMule, you'll be much better off because both contains either more files or faster speeds. :)

Either way, Kazaa is closely associated with the RIAA monitering the network heavily along with corrupted files, viruses, trojans etc. Either way, the network that client connects to is not secure in any way and users should not use the program OR network.

I had a friend who was using Kazaa Resurrected and I more or less made him switch over to one of the mentioned clients (Shareaza) and he was completely dumbfounded at all the results and having to deal with less junk on the network. Once you use another network/client, you'll never look back - trust me on that one. :)
IceCube

Postby abou105 » Mon May 22, 2006 5:15 pm

IceCube wrote:If BitTorrent and eMule is too complicated for you, you might like to try Shareaza.

However, if you think you can figure out BitTorrent and eMule, you'll be much better off because both contains either more files or faster speeds. :)

Either way, Kazaa is closely associated with the RIAA monitering the network heavily along with corrupted files, viruses, trojans etc. Either way, the network that client connects to is not secure in any way and users should not use the program OR network.

I had a friend who was using Kazaa Resurrected and I more or less made him switch over to one of the mentioned clients (Shareaza) and he was completely dumbfounded at all the results and having to deal with less junk on the network. Once you use another network/client, you'll never look back - trust me on that one. :)

fanboy :lol:
Information is so valuable in todays society, its understandable people want to lock it up, but the internet is about freedom of information, lets not take that away.
abou105

Postby IceCube » Mon May 22, 2006 5:19 pm

abou105 wrote:
IceCube wrote:If BitTorrent and eMule is too complicated for you, you might like to try Shareaza.

fanboy :lol:

That's Kazaa troll to you mister! :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
IceCube

Postby LaX » Tue May 23, 2006 5:16 am

Actually Ares is the best choice for you now. Check it out. The interface is simple and great for mp3 singles. Great speeds too. (Went over 350kB/s a few times for me, and I hardly use it :P ). Its easy to use and a great place to start for p2p beginners :D
LaX

Postby SlyckChuck » Tue May 23, 2006 6:19 pm

Agreed Tom :roll:

Almost tempted to lock but hope this can teach others to stay away from Kazaa!!
The 80's Still Rule
SlyckChuck

Postby OmegaGreg » Tue May 23, 2006 6:25 pm

Ares is allot like Kazza GUI, well not really but basic same functions. And also has great speeds, I suggest you try it.
OmegaGreg

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa