Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

TorrentIt.Com Targeted Again

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

TorrentIt.Com Targeted Again

Postby SlyckTom » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:31 pm

BREIN is often regarded as little more than a paper tiger, unable to exert any kind of legal enforcement against its online enemies. As the organization charged with protecting intellectual property rights in the Netherlands, BREIN has managed to gain a level of respect somewhat higher than the hapless Antipiratbyran. Antipiratbyran is the Swedish anti-piracy organization which has proven impotent against unauthorized file-sharing.

BREIN has made some progress however, as it has successfully driven out or shut down dozens of BitTorrent indexing sites. Although not a government entity, BREIN has the ability to threaten legal action against alleged copyright infringers. Today, Torrentit.com’s indexing abilities have been forced offline.

Those familiar with BitTorrent’s history will remember this is not Torrentit.com’s first confrontation with BREIN. During last year’s efforts against various Dutch based BitTorrent sites, Torrentit.com was among those in the cross hairs. BREIN had confronted Torrentit.com’s ISP (Internet Service Provider) demanding its removal, however like many other Dutch based sites, Torrentit.com simply changed its web host to an overseas provider. This brought about an interesting dilemma – could a BitTorrent site avoid copyright litigation by simply moving overseas?

It appeared so, at least for several months, however the site owner did not move along with his creation. The result of this stationary behavior bound the site operator to Dutch law – or at least BREIN’s interpretation of the law. This morning, the owner of Torrentit.com was physically served in his home location of Helmond, Netherlands, with orders demanding he take his site offline. According to BREIN, the site removed its indexing abilities, however notified its userbase that it “will be back.” BREIN took exception to this, and threatened the owner with additional legal actions. There is no longer any indication TorrentIt will return.

To ensure the owner of TorrentIt.com does not engage in any purported infringing actions in the future, BREIN has threatened a hefty 20,000 Euro per day penalty and a potential criminal complaint.

BREIN also subjugated an additional BitTorrent indexing site today, NLexperience.com. Like TorrentIt.com, the administrator of NLeperience.com played “cat and mouse” with BREIN, by moving site’s ISP to Russia. However, when BREIN took the fight to the owner’s physical address, the game was over.

"On its site, NLexperience denounced us and virtually vowed to resist and resume," says Tim Kuik, director of BREIN, "But in the face of reality it promised to cease and desist after all."

The owner of the site agreed today to comply with BREIN’s demands rather than fight it out in court. Like TorrentIt.com, NLexperience.com faces a 20,000 Euro per day penalty if it deviates from the agreement. In addition, the owner of NLexperience.com must “supply all available information on the co-operators of the site…”

"Breaking this vow will be perjury and is punishable as a crime under Dutch law", says Kuik.
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Re: TorrentIt.Com Targeted Again

Postby abou105 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:39 pm

SlyckTom wrote: demanding its removal, however like many other Ditch based sites, Torrentit.com simply changed its web host to an overseas provider.

good article tom

but i think u mean dutch ;)

wh00t first post!
abou105

Postby tyler » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:39 pm

irc.after-all.org #TiT for TiT status.
tyler

Postby abou105 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:41 pm

lol ive just discovered what TiT stand for yey :lol:
abou105

Postby adeel » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:41 pm

BREIN is proving to be a real a**.

I feel sorry for torrentit as being a member of it.
I hope it will make a quick comeback.
I don't read books, but I have friends who do.
adeel

Postby Theabunai » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:59 pm

tyler wrote:irc.after-all.org #TiT for TiT status.

yeah the status set by admins there is this

site = OFFLINE
tracker = OFFLINE

channel topic

"Shit is somewhat fucked up. Don't ask."

I think that just about sums it up..

Sad day... Now Brein is gaining a bit of confidence
Theabunai

Postby tyler » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:05 pm

TiT will be back soon enough. I'm confident.
tyler

Postby Allied » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:07 pm

http://www.torrentit.com/

They'll be back :D
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby foxkill » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:11 pm

It was and hopefully will be again.
Long Live TiT.
ps.Great article SlyckTom-so fast. :wink:
Life is a Paradox-Live with it.
Just a Humanbeing
foxkill

Postby Affliction » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:07 pm

Wow! this really sucks... I was a member of torrentit as well and I liked the site for it's diverse selection by allowing users to upload and such; yes you got alot of poor quality crap because of it but overall there was a great selection. ohh well, to bad so sad, but there are many more sites out there so this will not affect torrenting in the least unlike the loss of suprnova and elite torrents. I predict at least 5 more sites popping up because of their closure so all is good for the bittorrent community.
Affliction

Postby laffomatic » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:11 pm

More than 40 sites are gone because the owners were scared for brein. If this one stays online it would be a punch in the face for kuik and the other assholes of brein, because then they would actually have to pay for a case and the changes of winning it are low too. :roll:

Brein also announced that they are going target dutch usenet providers. I wonder how they could get them offline :roll:
laffomatic

Postby timmyfl » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:15 pm

Damn I actually really like the "titty" got both scene and custom releases and the most important thing the mods and other staff werent ASSHoles. The tit will be back I just hope they manage keep everyone stats I have a ridulous ratio on that site.
cable theft is a victimless crime!
timmyfl

Postby ShawnSpree » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:57 pm

Im a member of 5 torrent sites. Oink, pisexy, bitsoup, xbox sky torrents, filemp3.org. After joining usenet, there is seldom i ever download from these sites. A personal rip from oink every now and again or something in FLAC. . Maybe a movie a month from pisexy. Its just easier dealing with newsgroups then downloading it via torrent, to and find out that its nuked, a proper just got release. Its easy to download at full speed. And having it at the same time it gets uploaded on o-day torrent sites.
ShawnSpree

Postby timmyfl » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:41 pm

OK? what does this have to do with the shut down of torrentit
cable theft is a victimless crime!
timmyfl

Postby Assyrian » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:44 pm

I hope the TiT will comeback as big as ever 8)
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby foxkill » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:47 pm

^^^Shawnspree

Yes usenet is fast and efficient and downloads are fast when you find what you want as well as costing you money and having the impersonality of a stuffed doll.But a good private site,with helpful and friendly staff as well as members ,who reciprocate like TiT are few and far between.
The sense of being part of a community was strong with TiT.[/b][/quote]
Just a Humanbeing
foxkill

Postby Mel_Smiley_VIP » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:02 pm

“supply all available information on the co-operators of the site…”

The really bad things start right here. This could get ugly. If I was one who had uploaded some 0day content I would be a tad worried.
You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most
convenient definitions.
Mel_Smiley_VIP

Postby FredTheMole » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:57 pm

I'm gonna really miss TiT, hope they're back in business soon.
"The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object." ~Thomas Jefferson
Transfers Since 2004-DEC-01: DL-1.5709TiB UL-3.3383TiB TTL-4.9092TiB U/D-2.125
FredTheMole

Postby Theabunai » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:24 am

Mel_Smiley_VIP wrote:“supply all available information on the co-operators of the site…”

The really bad things start right here. This could get ugly. If I was one who had uploaded some 0day content I would be a tad worried.

I agree this is definately to assure that TiT can NOT be resurected... By making the owner turn on Co-staff...

I hope the owner has decided NOT to give anything out unless oredered by some sort of court document...
Theabunai

Postby tArqueLL » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:10 am

was a member since the 123torrents days....sad to see the place take such a blow. Had a good atmos, pretty good pre-time's and was one of the best designed (aesthetically) sites around IMO.

As for the 0-day uploaders, ET had alot more big dogs that TiT back when they were taken down, plus they were US. I think brien justs wants the site closed....

mood : sad.. R.I.P
tArqueLL

Almost an honor

Postby PIMPEDDIE » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:12 pm

It almost an honor to its creators and operators that Tit was 'chosen' to be targeted.. that means TiT was succeeding in its goal and I bet that really burns BREIN... a lot of effort to try and stop the entire WORLD... BREIN must still feel so insignifcant

Good luck TiT
PIMPEDDIE

Postby jimilarue » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:11 pm

Forget TIT.......they never let me sign up anyways...

peace

I have a question though, Where is Torrentleech and Torrentbytes located?

I thought the netherlands were untouchable.

I pray for the day this crap is decentralized.
jimilarue

Postby derekrbracy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:46 pm

no no no no!!!!!
SUPPERTORRENTS, also appears to be going down
there are no torrents
derekrbracy

Postby LD50% » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:15 pm

My country is going to the dogs.........there must be some serious US dollar kickbacks goin on to change what has always been a tollerant country into a such a disgrace. :evil:
LD50%

Postby foxkill » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:59 pm

Yes
And it is US Dollars.
Just a Humanbeing
foxkill

Next

Return to Slyck News