Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Usenext

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Usenext

Postby tunchman » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:27 pm

Has anyone ever used usenext.com a newsgroup provider that has a web interface with built in software?
tunchman

Postby HouseCrowd » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:30 pm

I'd be very sceptical - could be wrong, but on first impressions, site looks like a typical scam site to me!
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby gsorel » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:41 am

usenext.com is a supernews reseller...
gsorel

USENEXT IS A SCAM!!

Postby usenext suck » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:20 pm

I just signed up for the 14 day fre trial, with the site claiming they WOULD NOT charge my card UNTIL AFTER the 14 day trial period and of course there's a bloody charge for 82 euro the next day!!

I sent a support request and it came back saying there are 328 tickets and they'll get back to me in 32 hours. Yeah, right.

I called my bank and I will dispute the charge but that probably won't work. But I'm so not going to pay it, don't care what the bank says.

I know, I know my own bloody fault for not researching but damn, I'm so irritated!!! ARRGGHHHH!!

USENEXT IS A SCAM!!!!
usenext suck

Re: USENEXT IS A SCAM!!

Postby sproston_blue » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:25 pm

usenext suck wrote:I just signed up for the 14 day fre trial, with the site claiming they WOULD NOT charge my card UNTIL AFTER the 14 day trial period and of course there's a bloody charge for 82 euro the next day!!

I sent a support request and it came back saying there are 328 tickets and they'll get back to me in 32 hours. Yeah, right.

I called my bank and I will dispute the charge but that probably won't work. But I'm so not going to pay it, don't care what the bank says.

I know, I know my own bloody fault for not researching but damn, I'm so irritated!!! ARRGGHHHH!!

USENEXT IS A SCAM!!!!

You live and learn mate.
sproston_blue

Postby HoboJoe » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:28 pm

Hey HC, wasn't there a thread like this that had a guy saying UseNext was a scam, and there was the typical defender that everyone (myself included) thought was an "employee" of UseNext?

If I find the link, I will post it here.
HoboJoe

Postby zim » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:59 pm

there was such a thread...

and once this thread gets indexed by google that guy will show up again and tell us usenext isnt a scam...

:lol:
zim

Usenext Scam Update

Postby usenext suck » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:08 am

So I get a reply from Usenext completely avoiding my concern of: "We will NOT charge your credit card while you are on the free trial" comment. (They charged me straight away). I cancelled within 12 hours.

They said, since I have already cancelled my membership, they can no longer refund me! What crap! And that even though I did not use all of my download limit, I'm still liable for the charge!?!

That wasn't even my question!!! I am going to post on every forum I can find about these scamming bastards!!!

USENEXT IS A SCAM!!!
usenext suck

Postby laffomatic » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:13 am

Why the fuck would someone want to use a provider like usenext and not a more professional usenet provider?
laffomatic

Postby laffomatic » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:17 am

9 euros a month for an account with a 10 gb cap? For 7 euros you can get a dutch provider with no cap and 30 days retention. Usenext sucks.
laffomatic

Postby tm, » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:35 am

Judging from the mountain of complaints, it would appear that UseNext has developed quite a reputation for overcharging their customers.

Anyone who gives UseNeXT his credit card number is just asking for trouble. :x
tm,

Postby Slyder23 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:31 am

So who do you trust more?
Some newbies like "suck usenext" posting bad rumours into several forums or - many famous sites like Mininova (No. 1 in Slyck's BitTorrent Top List), who are indeed supporting UseNeXT including their search engine.

Just click on "Search usenet" on http://www.Mininova.org to see, what you can download from UseNeXT with maximum speed.

I suppose that there are some "usenet experts" out there, who are very angry, that an insider tip is now open to everyone, since the UseNeXT Client is very easy to use and you won't need to be an usenext expert to get your favorite files within minutes from the usenet.

I just can repeat that UseNeXT IS NOT SCAM and does not charge you money within the first 14 days of your free trial, when paying with credit card.
You can cancel their service anytime with 2 clicks, but most of my friends are still using UseNeXT, since you won't find any other service offering such an easy access to the usenet.

Trust me, the tons of satisfied UseNeXT users and the big sites supporting UseNeXT!
Last edited by Slyder23 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slyder23

Postby zim » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:34 am

See... Told you he would show up to defend the scam.
:roll:
zim

Postby ToM » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:48 am

Slyder23 wrote:So who do you trust more?
Some newbies like "suck usenext" posting bad rumours into several forums or - many famous sites like Mininova (No. 1 in Slyck's BitTorrent Top List), who are indeed supporting UseNeXT including their search engine.

Personally I trust tm and common sense, but that's just me...

As for BT sites 'supporting' UseNext, yeah right, classic example of how one defends a scam. Usenext clicks = easy, needed revenue. Saying sites that have outlinks to UseNext support them is like saying Slyck supports Kazaa Gold because it shows up on Adsense.
Pirate.
ToM
©

Postby SlyckScratch » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:13 am

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby Slyder23 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:38 am

ToM wrote:As for BT sites 'supporting' UseNext, yeah right, classic example of how one defends a scam. Usenext clicks = easy, needed revenue. Saying sites that have outlinks to UseNext support them is like saying Slyck supports Kazaa Gold because it shows up on Adsense.

Not quite, Adsense is controlled by a third party (Google) and not by the webmasters, in case of Mininova and other Torrent sites, they are obviously cooperating with UseNeXT - the UseNeXT search has been deeply integrated by the webmasters of Mininova.

So the makers of Mininova seem to have common sense and fully trust UseNeXT...
Slyder23

Postby Dormant707 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:49 am

SlyckScratch wrote:
Slyder23 wrote:So who do you trust more?

Jetiants Tk User

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a more interesting note though, I had a look at Slyder23's posts - everyone of them defending UseNext... Now I know bugger all about newsgroups, but I know a lot about people who spend a lot of time defending things, even in the face of compelling evidence....

They are called Shills..... And Zim was right, he knew that Slyder23 would turn up and defend UseNext...

In the face of co-operation with Usenext by Mininova, perhaps the Admins of Mininova could shed some light on their participation. I have seen UseNext references on their site.
Dormant707

Postby ToM » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:26 am

Slyder23 wrote:So the makers of Mininova seem to have common sense and fully trust UseNeXT...

:roll:

Your version of 'trust' differs greatly from mine. I think you'll find sites that link to UseNext intend to make some money back, trust doesn't have much to do it it.

Ok - let's put it another way. Some guy (we'll call him Drake for arguments sake) creates a P2P app. The P2P app isn't open source and Drake plans to get some money back from it. Drake does a little research and decides Gator is an easy way to make money, so he bundles it with the app as an option for 'customers' to install. Does Drake use Gator himself? No. Would Drake use Gator himself? No. Would Drake let people he knows personally use Gator? Nope.
Pirate.
ToM
©

Postby zim » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:26 pm

Slyder23 wrote:So the makers of Mininova seem to have common sense and fully trust UseNeXT...

If you pay us like you do mininova.. we will all say how great your scam service is and slap ads all over for it.

But you are not paying us. And only the people you pay will say usenext is anything but a scam.

You need to fork over some cash. Or go find dumber people to believe usenext isnt a scam.
zim

Postby solsource » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:13 am

if you paid with american express your in the clear if you call them and do a chargeback, American Express does real good research with chargebacks. Visa and Mastercard are so-so you probably won't have to pay but you'll have to do a little legwork too probably, print out the Terms of Service agreement and highlight the "free 14 day trial" and also fax em your communicae emails and such. Good luck man :D
solsource

Postby Slyder23 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:53 am

Thank you SlyckScratch for the REAL LIST OF SCAM SITES!

UseNeXT may happen to roughly look like a scam site, but there is one thing NO SCAM SITE WILL EVER OFFER:

a FREE TRIAL of 2 weeks!

A Scam Site takes your money and then offers some poor links to free torrent clients and search engines, but UseNeXT will offer you an excellent usenet experience: exclusive access to 8 server farms and an unique, easy to use, usenet client! - And that is true, there is no one, who can deny this!

You even can TRY THIS USENEXT CLIENT FOR FREE only by registering with you email address, if you get the version at Download.com http://www.download.com/UseNeXT/3000-2164_4-10507007.html. Download.com does not list scam sites and more then 150,000 people obviously already downloaded this client, are they all nuts?

Also UseNeXT is listed as a merchant at Commission Junction, see http://www.cj.com/newadvertisers/#76. As you know Commission Junction has very strict rules for including new advertisers in their network - a scam site would have no chance here.

So please try UseNeXT yourself before writing negative and absolutley wrong statements here. As I wrote before, I think that we have some usenet freaks here at Slyck.com, who hate UseNeXT, because it makes usenet downloads so simple for the masses!

Such freaks will never give UseNeXT a chance, but all others should try this software, you won't find any better way to get your favorite files with maximum speed - for me, UseNeXT is perfect and I will always defend this service as long as I will see false accusations like here in this forum!
Slyder23

Postby Dormant707 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:01 am

shill...shilll...shill...shill...shill...shill...shill...shill...shill
Dormant707

Postby ToM » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:15 am

Every scam has its SharePro. 8)
Pirate.
ToM
©

Postby zim » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:32 am

a FREE TRIAL of 2 weeks!

oh yes.. the free trial that isnt free...

I just signed up for the 14 day fre trial, with the site claiming they WOULD NOT charge my card UNTIL AFTER the 14 day trial period and of course there's a bloody charge for 82 euro the next day!!

USENEXT IS A SCAM!!!!

Do you not even read the thread you are shilling your SHITTY SCAM SERVICE USENEXT in?

And thanks for pointing out that we need to goto download.com and cj.com to let them know you are ripping people off.
zim

Postby SlyckScratch » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:38 am

Slyder23 wrote:150,000 people obviously already downloaded this client, are they all nuts?

Yeah :(

Slyder23 wrote:Also UseNeXT is listed as a merchant at Commission Junction, see http://www.cj.com/newadvertisers/#76. As you know Commission Junction has very strict rules for including new advertisers in their network - a scam site would have no chance here.

Except the UseNeXT link doesn't work :roll:
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Next

Return to NewsGroups