Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Member Search

Post your comments and suggestions here
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Member Search

Postby ~Hazel Eyes~ » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:59 pm

When I try to find a member it takes me like forever to find them...is there another way to do a search for someone that I don't know about? If so someone PLEASE tell me about it.....:)
""If you love someone, let them go. If they return to you, it was meant to be. If they don't, their love was never yours to begin with...""
~Hazel Eyes~

Re: Member Search

Postby Dormant707 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:06 pm

~Hazel Eyes~ wrote:When I try to find a member it takes me like forever to find them...is there another way to do a search for someone that I don't know about? If so someone PLEASE tell me about it.....:)

Are you looking for someone particular, or are you just going through the member's names? If you want to see who are the regulars, look under total posts and use the descending sort. Hope that answers you?
Dormant707

Postby ~Hazel Eyes~ » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:13 pm

Well that kinda helped but I was wondering if there was just a member search bar that you can just enter so much of a persons name and hit search and it comes up with the peoples name of whom you were searching for...if that makes since.
""If you love someone, let them go. If they return to you, it was meant to be. If they don't, their love was never yours to begin with...""
~Hazel Eyes~

Postby DaBlade » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:18 pm

Go to your PM inbox.
Press 'new post'.
There's a username search function there.
LinuxP2P.com - Share The Penguins!

"A life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes
DaBlade

Postby LANjackal » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:32 pm

DaBlade wrote:Go to your PM inbox.
Press 'new post'.
There's a username search function there.

Yeah but clicking on a result simply opens up a message to that person, it doesn't lead to their profile. Maybe that's intentional or ...?
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby LxBeast » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:43 pm

By doing what Blade says ['find username'] it's possible to get a list of users beginning with, say - 'da*'. [* <-> Wild card]

Pick a name from the list, and hop over to, 'Search -> For Author -> Posts/Topics' - and browse. Simple. :)
LxBeast

Postby Mrs. 2p » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:00 pm

I find that annoying at times as well... some times I've solved the issue by googling the site. If you have the google toolbar or search boc, just click "search this site"; otherwise go to google.com and type "username site:slyck.com" (without the quotations marks). Doesn't always work though :?
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby HouseCrowd » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:16 am

You can just go to Search and "Search for Author". Or you click the users name in the thread listings then "Find all posts by ......".
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby Mrs. 2p » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:15 pm

yeah, but I find google tends to work better than that search...
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Return to Tell us what you think