Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

eMule

Discussion about the eMule program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

eMule

Postby Progz » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:55 pm

How good is eMule? Like I neverd used it because all the fake servers I heard and seems to be the first place to get caught easily and I just never downloaded it. I was wondering like is it really good? Like were people using that before BitTorrent? Like because I was really into downloading till when the very early days of when BitTorrent was new. So I curious.. does like everyone just about use that and why do they use it? I dont see why...kinda confused if I should use it. Last time I tryed to, I could never get connected to download a file :(.
Progz
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:32 pm

Postby zbeast » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:11 pm

I love emule. I know, I know if you love it that much why dont you marry it.

1) Download and use. peerguardian
http://phoenixlabs.org/ (blocks fake servers)
2) As with any program alwasy run the latest version.
3) if your server list is small update it here.
http://www.emule-help.com/servers.htm
3) The real emule home site.
http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1
thats it.
The first place that people are getting hassle is on kazaa.

I'm currently downloading 1000+ files, not at the same time but there on my que and there all valid files.

Oh ya. On any system connected to the internet. Use anti-virus, and anti-spyware.

How long it take to connect to a peer and download a file is totaly dependate on how may peers have that file. If there's only one source and you may have to wait in the que for a while. Most files start in 5 mins or so. Thats a good average. emule seems no slower or faster than any other common p2p application. Torrents are still the fastest way to get large files.
Last edited by zbeast on Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zbeast
 
Posts: 6783
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: Behind that itch. yes, that one right there.

Postby Progz » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:16 pm

zbeast wrote:I love emule. I know, I know if you love it that much why dont you marry it.

1) Download and use. peerguardian
http://phoenixlabs.org/
2) as with any program alwasy run the latest version.
3) your server list is small update it here.
http://www.emule-help.com/servers.htm

thats it.
The first place that people are getting hassle is on kazaa.

I'm currently downloading 1000+ files, not at the same time but there on my que and there all valid files.

Oh ya. On any system connected to the internet. Use anti-virus, and anti-spyware.


What eMule program do you use? Can I have link to it?

Also does it take long to connect to people to just download the file?

Edit: Oh yeah I already have PG2. Have it for bit torrent.

Edit: How are the speeds for a well seeded file?
Progz
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:32 pm

Postby Cybergenetic » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:29 pm

zbeast wrote:why dont you marry it.


If a user has never used, or heard, of eD2k Lite before, I suggest you divorce eMule.

Even with the official eD2k client, one can easily take away the banner. But seeing there has always been a 'Lite' version, there's never been much point using the official version. Obviously, ie Spyware/Adware.

For a start, eD2k's Lite 'Horde' system is far superior to eMule's 'Credit' system. Easily. Above all, eMule doesn't offer the 'resourcefl' Overnet network. The true content is primarily, Overnet. That's a technicality. On the contrary, eMule, offers it's own 'netowrk', KAD. Yet, it is far less resourceful than Overnet. By far.

The prime, if not technical reason, why people have chosen eMule in the past, is becuase of the soul natural reaction of the official eD2k client having Spyware/Adware. Yet, contradictory, they has always been a light version.

Again, I emphisize fully that eD2k's 'Horde' system is far superior to eMule's 'Credit' system. As well as offering Overnet. Again, which is alot more, indeed, very much more resourceful than eMule's KAD.

Progz wrote:all the fake servers I heard I could never get connected to download a file :(.


A user, only has to use the Razorback2.0 server.

Progz wrote:I could never get connected to download a file :(.


I don't recall the technicalitys of the servers listed on eMule, but, as far as I can remember, eMule doesn't even include server updating. Again, eD2k Lite, indeed the official version, does
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby IceCube » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:24 pm

eMule works perfectly for me as it has many more people using that and varients then the ED2K client. That's just me though.

I'd hate to see this thread turn ugly with arguing on eMule vs ED2K though. Perhapse it's a little premature to say something like that... but just to be on the safe side.
User avatar
IceCube
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Igloo Country?

Postby Artie » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:41 pm

Maybe someone can track down ZamBoR 2 and beat the living crap out of him.
Artie
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:50 pm

Postby Cybergenetic » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:19 am

IceCube wrote:eMule works perfectly for me


Indeed. But, have you ever used the Overnet network?.

IceCube wrote:I'd hate to see this thread turn ugly with arguing on eMule vs ED2K though.


I agree. Mostly, anyway. ie the technicalitys are hardly debated. For instance, your're comment on how eMule has worked ''perfectly'' for you. Rather, than, as I've said before, ''technicalitys''.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby IceCube » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:21 am

Yeah, I chose those particular words because what's "perfectly" for me is anything but to someone else (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with preferences for anything imo)
User avatar
IceCube
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Igloo Country?

Postby zbeast » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:11 pm

Maybe someone can track down ZamBoR 2 and beat the living crap out of him.


You can filter that message right in emule and never get a page like that again.

Select -> options -> securty
The field that says "Messages" Filter messages containing:

Delete the text string thats there and copy in this one.

Your client has an infinite queue|Your client is connecting too fast|fastest download speed|boomerang|ZamBoR|ZamBoR2|ZamBoR 2|FXeMule| eMule FX the BEST eMule ever!

You'll no longer receave those spam messages and you can turn your chat notifaction back on.

If a user has never used, or heard, of eD2k Lite before, I suggest you divorce eMule.


I'm always willing to try anything once. Where can find a real copy of eD2k Lite.
Ive so far downloaded 3 versions.
They all were fakes and all were just spyware.
I'm not likely to convert to it.
But I have run every p2p application out there to see how I think they should rank and give me more Ideas on my own.
Oh ya, what version of edonkey is this "lite" version based on.

Also you do relise the people that make edonkey are under the gun to add filtering to there clients? Will this some how effect "overnet"?
zbeast
 
Posts: 6783
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: Behind that itch. yes, that one right there.

Postby Progz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:29 pm

Progz
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:32 pm

Postby zbeast » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:54 pm

Yes, thats the real one and the best version.
zbeast
 
Posts: 6783
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: Behind that itch. yes, that one right there.

Postby Progz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:14 pm

Ok yeah this is what I meant. I have eMule up right now. I got some links from ed2k-it. Now for Status it says "Waiting" how long does waiting take, till it starts to download?
Progz
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:32 pm

Postby Cybergenetic » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:49 pm

zbeast wrote:Where can find a real copy of eD2k Lite.


http://www.klitetools.com/MM/other.htm

zbeast wrote:Ive so far downloaded 3 versions. They all were fakes and all were just spyware.


Unlucky...

zbeast wrote:I'm not likely to convert to it.


I think you will. Possibly.

zbeast wrote:Oh ya, what version of edonkey is this "lite" version based on.


It's based on the official version of eD2k.

zbeast wrote:Also you do relise the people that make edonkey are under the gun to add filtering to there clients? Will this some how effect "overnet"?


The client that ends up having 'filters', will be cracked.

On the issue of it effecting Overnet, it will, no doubt. But, as I've stated, there will be a 'cracked' version soon after.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby IceCube » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:57 pm

I've heard of eDonkey Hybrid, but is it really a happy medium between the two or is it just another client that's just "there"?
User avatar
IceCube
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Igloo Country?

Postby Cybergenetic » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:09 pm

IceCube wrote:I've heard of eDonkey Hybrid, but is it really a happy medium between the two or is it just another client that's just "there"?


I'm not aware of the program you are reffering to. I have always used the 'Lite' version of the official client for a long time.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby lordpake » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:39 pm

Cybergenetic wrote:I don't recall the technicalitys of the servers listed on eMule, but, as far as I can remember, eMule doesn't even include server updating.

Where do you get your facts? eMule does have a full window dedicated to servers, also allowing you to add/remove individual servers or even adding whole lists of servers easily.

You can have eMule update its list from other clients/servers upon connecting to them (not adviced anymore because of fake servers) and you can even have it update its serverlist at startup.

http://www.gruk.org/list.php is probably one of the cleanest serverlists available currently.
User avatar
lordpake
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:34 am

Postby IceCube » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:48 pm

You can't go wrong with the static list feature when it comes to fake servers. :D

I've always used a static list and have yet to run into any problems. :)
User avatar
IceCube
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Igloo Country?

Postby Progz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:53 pm

Can anyone tell me why im still waiting and i been waiting for like 1 hour now with 4 different downloads.
Progz
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:32 pm

Postby lordpake » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:59 pm

Progz wrote:Can anyone tell me why im still waiting and i been waiting for like 1 hour now with 4 different downloads.

You should be able to read this thread w/o registering :)
http://forum.emule-project.net/index.ph ... opic=37280

Also reading this might help :)
http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/ ... pic_id=309
User avatar
lordpake
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:34 am

Postby jaleal » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:13 pm

my experience with emule or ed2k is that it isn't buildt for speed man. all i ever use it for is older harder to find stuff. i use bitorrent for the newer easier to find stuff, because bitorrent is by far the fastest for new stuff next to suscription Newsgroups.

so if you've tried the other avenues out there to find something but can't find a good source for it, then i would suggest use emule
jaleal
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:16 pm

Postby Progz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:21 pm

lordpake wrote:
Progz wrote:Can anyone tell me why im still waiting and i been waiting for like 1 hour now with 4 different downloads.

You should be able to read this thread w/o registering :)
http://forum.emule-project.net/index.ph ... opic=37280

Also reading this might help :)
http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/ ... pic_id=309


But that first link is why my downloads are slow. Their not slow there still in the waiting "status"

Edit: I dont really care, but I wanted to try it since it was one the top used p2p programs. I dunno I guess I wasted my time.
Progz
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:32 pm

Postby Assyrian » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:27 pm

Progz wrote:Now for Status it says "Waiting" how long does waiting take, till it starts to download?



well, ummm .. should take around 3-4 years ..
away.
User avatar
Assyrian
The King
 
Posts: 4822
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sydney, OZ

Postby Cybergenetic » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:41 pm

lordpake wrote:Where do you get your facts?

I implied that I'm not aware of the facts of eMule's server list updating.


lordpake wrote:eMule does have a full window dedicated to servers, also allowing you to add/remove individual servers or even adding whole lists of servers easily.


So does eD2k Lite. I didn't say eMule, doesn't.

lordpake wrote:You can have eMule update its list from other clients/servers upon connecting to them (not adviced anymore because of fake servers) and you can even have it update its serverlist at startup.


It's totally irellevent, and contradictory. The only server to use, is Razorback2.0

Progz wrote:Their not slow there still in the waiting "status"


Basically, it is to do with how many sources they are, and indeed, queues.

But, primarily, the reason you are waiting so long on eMule for downloads, is because of it's homosexual 'Credit' system.

Stick with eD2k Lite.

IceCube wrote:You can't go wrong with the static list feature when it comes to fake servers.

I've always used a static list and have yet to run into any problems.


As I've emphisized before, it's totally irellevent. ie you only need Razorback2.0. The rest, are just offering less of what's offered on Razorback2.0
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Postby IceCube » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:51 pm

Assyrian wrote:
Progz wrote:Now for Status it says "Waiting" how long does waiting take, till it starts to download?



well, ummm .. should take around 3-4 years ..


Give me a break, you say that because you compare downloading something incredibly rare on ED2K to mainstream cr@p on usenet. :roll:

Edit: I seriously see no difference on what server I connect to whether it is Razorback 2.0 or Donkey Server No # :?

All the sources I read while researching this pointed to the fact that there is no "better" server.
Last edited by IceCube on Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
IceCube
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Igloo Country?

Postby lordpake » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:52 pm

Actually by just limiting yourself on using Razorback2.0 and having nothing else in your serverlist you risk shooting yourself in the foot. What about the ppl ie sources on other servers? I guess you don't need them then :)


But, primarily, the reason you are waiting so long on eMule for downloads, is because of it's homosexual 'Credit' system.

Excuse me? The system is slow because ppl share hundreds maybe even thousands of files and they do not have enough bandwidth to support it. There's nothing 'gay' in it. One fair way of ensuring that most ppl get what they want is by putting ppl in queues. Your way of the donkey promotes trade, which is discriminates those who don't have something to ul to you in return. With eMule, all you have to do is wait :) that simple.
User avatar
lordpake
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:34 am

Next

Return to eMule / kad

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
© 2001-2008 Slyck.com