Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Uploading issue

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Uploading issue

Postby CoastMtns » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:09 am

I have recently begun to use "OpenNap Protocol Networks" over "WinMX peer Network". I am having more success downloading but it appears those trying to upload from me are having issues.

Anyone trying to upload from me are: 1)Queued 2) Waiting for incoming connection then 3)Timed out (waiting for incoming connection)

Any ideas why someone would have issues trying to upload from me?

thanks
CoastMtns

Re: Uploading issue

Postby king » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:10 pm

CoastMtns wrote:I have recently begun to use "OpenNap Protocol Networks" over "WinMX peer Network".

ROTFL!!! OpenNap protocol is old and obsolete like the hunger in the world :lol: :lol:
Have you ever thought to use an updated p2p program? edonkey/emule...
king

Postby Dazzle » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:14 pm

Hi CoastMtns, is the problem just on open nap or on winmx also ?

Some of the US based ISPs are blocking uploads from subscribers, but more often than not its a firewall or router issue, if your doing ok on winmx just put this down to bad connections as if one works the other should do.

Oh and please forgive King, the sole purpose of Kings visit to the winmx section is to advertise donkey/mule whatever.
Maybe it needs all the folks it can get, doesnt sound great if they have to headhunt users for it ..lol
Dazzle

Postby raar » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:38 am

Dazzle wrote:Maybe it needs all the folks it can get, doesnt sound great if they have to headhunt users for it ..lol

That has to be the best one I've heard! Good retort.
raar

Postby Cybergenetic » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:22 am

Christ... WinMX. If your going to use something so crappy in 'content' use Ares, it's the same as WinMX but 'speed' and 'reliablity'. Though I strongly suggest using eDonkey2000 Lite, BearShare Lite/PRO, Azureus, and Soulseek. I don't go nowhere near anything else, considering everything else is just gay.
Always read the small print.
Cybergenetic

Postby Widdle » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:14 am

Cybergenetic wrote:Christ... WinMX. If your going to use something so crappy in 'content' use Ares, it's the same as WinMX but 'speed' and 'reliablity'. Though I strongly suggest using eDonkey2000 Lite, BearShare Lite/PRO, Azureus, and Soulseek. I don't go nowhere near anything else, considering everything else is just gay.

That was an extremely un-intelligent argument. Congratulations on saying perhaps the stupidest thing I've read on the Slyck forums this week. Give yourself a hand :!:
Widdle

Return to WinMX