Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Sharman Exterminating Kazaa Lite K++

Discuss Slyck's latest news
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

bad link

Postby dont worry » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:17 am

vledder wrote:well we don't have to worry about klk++ will disapear from the net.. a lot of servers hosting the latest klk++, they growing (so called) like mushrooms out of the ground :p there more mirrors then ever before! :P

well here's one:
http://kppdate.kickme.to/

btw there's a lite posibilty for kazaa 2.6 just look at http://www.geocities.com/klrismypwd like a 'guest' :wink: posted on the 1st page it's a loader (just like k++) for kazaa.. you only need kazaa.exe and klr.exe in same folder as kazaa lite k++ and run klr.exe then you have your lite with 2.6. btw yeah it's made by the famous dev. going by the initials: RN :wink:

this is a bad link :twisted: if you download this klk++ update,it will not alow you to search for anything it also changes your home page to a bunch of pop ups
dont worry

they get what they deserve

Postby The Wise One » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:26 am

Sharman exterminating kazaa lite? Not really, it's the complacency and incompetance of the k-lite 'developers' that are letting this happen. They are unwilling, or perhaps more accurately, unable to update k-lite using a more recent KMD version. This is not a new situation - the same thing happened when Sharman cut the Kazaa 1.x versions out of the network, but kazaa lite was updated to use v2. Now that Random Nut and Rocko (the only ones with any actual talent) have left the scene there is nobody to actually do the work for 'Paul' ("I'm a developer but I can only write installers") to take the credit for.
The Wise One

DAMN SHARMAN NETWORKS

Postby FANTASTICUS » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:55 am

RAT FACED COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER - WHAT ABSOLUTE HYPOCRITES SHARMAN NETWORKS HAVE SHOWM THEMSELVES TO BE - LET'S HOPE THEY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE - DONT GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL KAZAA GUYS - LET'S DRIVE SHARMAN OUT OF BUSINESS :evil: :twisted:
FANTASTICUS

Re: they get what they deserve

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:33 am

The Wise One wrote:Sharman exterminating kazaa lite? Not really, it's the complacency and incompetance of the k-lite 'developers' that are letting this happen. They are unwilling, or perhaps more accurately, unable to update k-lite using a more recent KMD version. This is not a new situation - the same thing happened when Sharman cut the Kazaa 1.x versions out of the network, but kazaa lite was updated to use v2. Now that Random Nut and Rocko (the only ones with any actual talent) have left the scene there is nobody to actually do the work for 'Paul' ("I'm a developer but I can only write installers") to take the credit for.

http://www.geocities.com/klrismypwd/ which I finished a couple of days before this story on slyck. It was for the people who wanted the search tabs present in KMD 2.5+.

And I told Paul to enable the Supernode option many times but he never enabled it. ;) Without supernodes a decentralized network can't survive.

download speed

Postby Guest12 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:39 am

a guy earlier was saying shareaza and others have good download speeds. whenever i connect to ed2k network i always get put in a queue thats like, number 5000 so i never get to download much off ed2k. any solutions plz?[/quote]
Guest12

Re: download speed

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:43 am

Guest12 wrote:a guy earlier was saying shareaza and others have good download speeds. whenever i connect to ed2k network i always get put in a queue thats like, number 5000 so i never get to download much off ed2k. any solutions plz?
[/quote]

Use G2, G1 and bitTorrent.

Avoid edonkey if you don't like waiting

Postby HappyGuy » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:21 am

Guest12,

If you don't mind waiting a little bit, then try eMule or eMulePlus.

It takes a while before you have 'earned' enough points to get good speed (up to a couple of days if you are not online 24/7), but then it works very well.

I am normally only connected during the night, so I do not get optimum speed from the begining; it takes me 1-3 hours before the speed really starts picking up (since I start with the queuing when I connect). This part of the speed optimization is in own control only.

Another factor that influences my download speed is the the mix of popular files and less popular files (like Danish movies) I am downloading at a particular time. This part of the speed optimization is in own control as well (e.g. latest Hollywood flick = fast; Danish flick from 1996 = slow).

The third part of speed optimization is pure luck! If users who 'owe' me for 'one-way' transfer to their harddrive happens to have the file I am downloading, then I will be given a slight advantage and am able to jump their queue a few positions.

Yet another factor is the number of active downloads going. For me, 25-30 different files work well so if I am way back in the line for getting one file then I will have better positions for some of the other files. After a while I wake up to a completed files almost every morning, so overall the speed is pretty much what I experienced on Kazaa Lite K++ (when I was using that) since FT seems to work better with only a couple large files downloading at the time. If you try to download less popular files on FT then that can be painfully slow as well.

With a bit of patience and accepting the different nature of the different beasts then it is absolutely possible to be happy on any given network.
HappyGuy

KaZaA K++ Media Desktop 2.6 .... Download NOW :-)

Postby Zenon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:36 pm

Hi....

Like random nut did say... the best is yet to come.....

Here it is.... Hacked version of KMD 2.6. Thanks to random nut's kl loader, you can do unlimited search more, you got participation level up to 1000 (Supreme being) and there are no other adware icons........

There are, however ads in KMD but ONLY in Search tab. But there are NO pop-up's...... :twisted:

Get it here:

http://www.geocities.com/zenonkpp/kazaa_kpp_md26.exe

Get it while is HOT.

P.S.: Let me know in the forum if this "thing" works on your computer.

Thank again random nut for loader...... 8), and me for complete "thing" :twisted: ......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wait until OpenTrack :idea: is finished....... Sharman will be HISTORY.... 8) :twisted: .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zenon

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:50 pm

Damn ! The link is already dead , i can help you with a russian host. :twisted: :twisted:

Postby Razz_k-lite » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:58 pm

any chance of putting it up on something else or popping into #slyck so i can take a look at this, rather curious as to she whether this REALLY is what im expecting :)
Razz_k-lite

KaZaA K++ Media Desktop 2.6 .... Download NOW :-)

Postby Zenon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:08 pm

Hi....

Like random nut did say... the best is yet to come.....

Here it is.... Hacked version of KMD 2.6. Thanks to random nut's kl loader, you can do unlimited search more, you got participation level up to 1000 (Supreme being) and there are no other adware icons........

There are, however ads in KMD but ONLY in Search tab. But there are NO pop-up's...... :twisted:

Get it here:

http://zenonkpp0.tripod.com/kazaakpp26.zip

or

start you FT client and type "kazaakpp26.exe" or "kazaakpp26.zip" in your search field.

NOTE: Please share this file on FastTrack, because users need sources from which they can download the modified client. PLEASE SHARE IT.
:roll:

Get it while is HOT. (until Sharman take me down and my program :-| )

P.S.: Let me know in the forum if this "thing" works on your computer.

Thank again random nut for loader program...... 8), and me for complete "thing" :twisted: ......

Just wait until OpenTrack :idea: is finished....... Sharman will be HISTORY.... 8) :twisted: .
Zenon

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:11 pm

Down again!Shaaaaaaaaaaarman DAMN YOU AND YOUR TEAM OF ADDS MAKERS!

Please wait.....

Postby Zenon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:15 pm

Please wait....

I'm still uploading it on Lycos.

Yahoo booted me, so the geocities link is dead.

For now try, searhing with KaZaA or other FT client.......

I will inform you all when the upload is done and if it is working.

And I agree with you: "DAMN SHARMAN"......
Zenon

Postby K-lite Board Member » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:29 pm

K-lite Board Member

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:33 pm

Finished

Postby Zenon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:36 pm

Now please try to download KaZaA K++ Media Desktop 2.6

Here is the link:

http://zenonkpp0.tripod.com/kazaakpp26.zip

And, please let me now in the forum if the software works on your machine (it works on mine perfectly)....

Thank you
Zenon

Tripod link problems

Postby Zenon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:38 pm

Zenon

How to download

Postby Zenon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:41 pm

If you want to download KaZaA K++ Media Desktop 2.6, right click on the link and select "Save target as" or "Save link target as"...

Have nice downloadind....

8)
Zenon

Postby M3wThr33 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:49 pm

Whoulda thunk it, Sharman got rid of one whole client and about 2 other alternatives form, 2 others come to light and even more people are now aware of what is going on.

But the sooner we abandon FastTrack the better, we don't need quality files on a network supported by those motivated by greed.
Ares, SLSK, BT, MP2P, G2, whatever floats your boat, but at least those networks/protocols aren't subject to some artificial requirement to clean the software.
M3wThr33

Re: Finished

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:53 pm

Zenon wrote:And, please let me now in the forum if the software works on your machine (it works on mine perfectly)...

I don't think it works with Win9x. At least that's what random nut said about the loader.

Error problem

Postby Zenon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:58 pm

What error do you see please.... And what Windows do you have....
Have you installed KaZaA K++ Media Desktop 2.6?

Tell me about the problem.
Zenon

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:14 pm

After installing, Ad-aware found 10 new items of spyware (Cydoor, etc).

I know that.....

Postby Zenon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:31 pm

I know that my software got Cydoor. Without it, kazaa won't work.

But cydoor is harmless, because kazaa doesnt use it. It is only here for file check.

You discovered registry entries of cydoor. But it is harmless.

There ISN'T Gator GAIN, MySearch, some weather s*it and many more Altnet and Joltid programs.

How's that for spyware/adware software? :twisted:
Zenon

Supertrick

Postby Zenon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:48 pm

In KaZaA K++ Media Desktop 2.6 package is included supertrick HOST file.

Here is how it works:

When Cydoor and KaZaA want to contact their ad server, they are connecting to your own machine ..... That is why you wont see pop-up's when you use KaZaA K++ Media Desktop 2.6

That is why i called my software "Media Desktop" and not "Lite". It is because of Cydoor. But Cydoor is harmless. Trust me......

Go ahead and try KaZaA K++ Media Desktop and see it for your self how it is working.

That is that... 8)
Zenon

supernode

Postby dont worry » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:01 pm

:wink: ive never been a supernode,today i am and will be,ive got a 45mbps connection at my home.running three desktops with over 100,000 files.ive also checked (force being a supernode) no problems with connecting or downing or sharing for me.thought i may have but k++ changes from day to day :!: !!there is not going to be a drop of k++ just wait there will be a 2.5.0k++.k++ will always fix the new versions of kazaa, it dosnt matter if k++team puts it out there will be someone they know!and there site is still!running not saying at this time what i want to here.but did you see last night they put links up for a little bit :D people take a chill pill there not shuting us out noway with slick operators at the k++ team
dont worry

PreviousNext

Return to Slyck News