Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Need a little help with photoshop :(

A place for developers and programmers of file-sharing software to discuss issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Need a little help with photoshop :(

Postby _eAgLe_ » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:16 pm

Hey everyone, well basically im calling for help because for the last week on and off ive been trying to design a decent looking site for p2pglobal in photoshop.. but the bottom line is, i SUCK... lol, and am asking for maybe a little help?

So does anyone have any ideas or suggestion or links or tutorials or ANYTHING that doesnt take too much time (i know, thats wrong:P). I can handle all the php code and mysql etc... but its just graphic design that i might need a little helep with, ill see if i can find a few scrnshots to show you what ive been doing.

thanks alot guys, cant wait til iget this done AGAIN lol :D

cya
_eAgLe_

Postby countrypirate » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:24 pm

Hi eAgle as you know I am currently trying to learn Photo shop And Maya I'm not real good yet but might be able to help :D
countrypirate

Postby _eAgLe_ » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:27 pm

thanks alot CP :D...
incase you want to look at what ive been doing, heres a few pics:

http://p2pglobal.org/designhelp.htm
:( ive got a few basic things there, but just cant get a whole design finished :(
if u think you can help out, or want to help design the site, then please just pm me and thatd b absolutely great!

youl find some spots arent finished, tats because these are just designs to get the genereal idea of how they will look :D, so dont pick at them lol, i know theyre not very good :( as a whole

thanks again veryone.
_eAgLe_

Postby countrypirate » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:38 pm

Looking good to me eAgle especially like the red hazzard page 8)
countrypirate

Postby _eAgLe_ » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:42 pm

lol thanks CP :D.
Do u have n e sugestions, because id like to take it maybe just a little further... i was thinking a pretty plain, but modern looking site would be nice... black, sliver and white...

but i just dont know... i look around at all these other p2p sites (except for awesome Slyck) and theyve been using other ppls skins, but id like to hav a completly customizeable andchangeable site that i have coded and designed myself...

but im not sure lol :mrgreen:
_eAgLe_

Postby countrypirate » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:10 pm

Well I really like the way you did host access world. It's easy to read and colorfull enough to grab you're attention.

It kind of has a fun look to it which I believe is what some people look for. This way you would draw both crowds.

Who knows maybe add some flash games etc things were starting to come together good with the old P2PGlobal site you did a great job on it maybe build on that it's hard for me to say i've never created a site i just know what i like to see in a site. And I like the way p2pGlobal was designed and the way Slyck is done beleive it or not those are the only 2 file sharing sites I visit daily and as many times a day as I can. Hope i've been of some help i'll pm you later and send you some stuff i've done and get you're opinion :D
countrypirate

Postby SlyckScratch » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:38 am

Anything you need to know _eAgLe_, post here and i'll do my best for you 8)
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby LxBeast » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:39 am

*Cough* Can't think of someone playing around with PS *Cough* :wink:

<-
LxBeast

Postby puzzlepants » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:33 am

puzzlepants

Return to Developers Forum