Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

OFFICIAL Frontcode/WinMX spoof homepage project

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby tm, » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:22 pm

I wonder if this WinMX spoof page will ever get updated? WinMX v.3 got revised with a minor facelift shortly after this spoof page was put up, but now the latest versions, 3.53 and 3.54b, have been out almost a year.

But then I guess in reality, copying code from a webpage, making a few simple text changes, and then uploading the page to another site - that does not take either much effort or skill. (I'd put one up myself, but the gag has long since ceased to be funny)
tm,

Postby Psycho Ced » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:04 pm

Doubt it. His point was already made.
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby sybesma » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:00 am

tm wrote:I wonder if this WinMX spoof page will ever get updated? WinMX v.3 got revised with a minor facelift shortly after this spoof page was put up, but now the latest versions, 3.53 and 3.54b, have been out almost a year.

But then I guess in reality, copying code from a webpage, making a few simple text changes, and then uploading the page to another site - that does not take either much effort or skill. (I'd put one up myself, but the gag has long since ceased to be funny)

WinMX ish shtill dead! Hah, hah, hah!
I told you. Dish ting is dead!
sybesma

Postby Allied » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:41 am

Do the WinMX people hang around any IRC channel or forum?
I see Kevin Hearn did an interviewe with Slyck,
We would like to thank Kevin Hearn, President of Frontcode Technologies, who took the time out of his busy schedule, even on Christmas Day, to answer our questions.

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=355

Does "Frontcode Technologies" have any other products?

I can understand not having the time to update the program. But at some point in time they've got to realize that the program has fallen behind the rest. So it would make sense to either give up or give the project to someone with the time.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby iNaNimAtE » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:48 am

Frontcode Technologies actually used to make a bunch of other software products. Here is the page I remember visiting way back in the day.

They also used to do custom programming, but now it looks like Frontcode.com does not even exist.

Anyone who lives in Ontario may just be able to reach Kevin at 519-987-3632.
Attention P2P goers! Learn how to tag your media!
iNaNimAtE

Previous

Return to WinMX