Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Chat rooms on WinMX

Discussion about the WinMX program/network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Chat rooms on WinMX

Postby japhllps » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:49 am

I went into one and some...big understatement here--> wierdo kept talk about me, affectionatly. Said I was taged? Now it could follow me every where. I told it to shut up and F' Off and then I got kicked out. Yeah, I am the bad guy lol

Anyone know of a room I can go to?
japhllps

Postby nms04 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 am

hehe nice story, u can go into every room u want :) and if someone blocks u out of a room u should try to change ur nickname ;)
nms04

Postby japhllps » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:09 pm

I was hoping to find on that has file sharing as a primary topic.
japhllps

Postby Psycho Ced » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:15 pm

What tag was following you???
Psycho Ced
Psycho+

Postby DaBlade » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:08 pm

Dude: The WinMX chat protocol is decentralized. No central server like on IRC. Regular users host the channels themselves.
Therefore there is no way of regulating what happens in them. Noone governs them. The rooms govern themselves. When you start WinMX, and press the chat button, you'll see a warning that tells you this. See?
Telling us about it won't help you you know. However the solution is just don't go to the chat room whatever it was happened in.
Oh, and I think he was just bullshitting you. There are no following tags or whatever he said.
Last edited by DaBlade on Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinuxP2P.com - Share The Penguins!

"A life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes
DaBlade

Postby Bunny101 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:10 pm

if u get banned then u did broke the rules, get over it and find a room there u not break the rules.

BTW go to bed halo....
Last edited by Bunny101 on Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bunny101

Postby DaBlade » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:13 pm

Bunny101 wrote:if u get banned then u did broke the rules get over it and find a rule there u not break the rules.

BTW go to bed halo....

A: Who are you to tell me when to go to bed? You're not my parents :P
B: It's sunday. I usually stay up to three.
C: Nothing bad intended in A.

DaBlade

Postby Bunny101 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:19 pm

U are right i am not your parent(Thank god for that)
but it is school tomorow u should fully restes and get a healthy breakfast before u go to school.
LOL it is actually kinda fun play adult :lol:
Bunny101

Postby JaKo30 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:26 pm

yeah i would try to change your screename. Even if u get banned I dont think its the hard over a short amount of time to get back in. My biggest issue w/ WinMX chartooms are how many people are sharing "0" files! lol
JaKo30

Postby DaBlade » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:29 pm

I've got all day tomorrow to relax, and not prepare for the two exams I got next week :lol:
Oh, and thank goodness you're not my dad. :P

@JaKo30: This is my favorite WinMX tool

DaBlade

Postby japhllps » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:46 pm

I am not so worried about being banned in that room. Thank you for the suggestions though. I guess from the start I should have just said this in my original post:
I went into a WinMX chat, people were F'ing off thier rockers. Where do Slyck folks do thier chatting about current file sharing news, user tips...yada yada.
japhllps

Postby nms04 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:38 am

i wouldn't care about it if i got banned from a chat room, there r at least 100 other chatrooms with at least a few users on the winmx network
nms04

Postby sonic1974 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:15 am

WinMx chat is people power i am a admin for a winmx chat room on the odd occasion and we control the content of the files ppl share and the context of the words, we prefer to host a child friendly room with no swearing and no prOn shared, but hey other rooms have different rules, oh the room was Movies Only! but dont upset the guys wearing a "tag ie {MO!} or (MOB) etc etc...." they the goveners and some can be quite moody!! :twisted:

Happy Sharing :shock:

--------------------

another helpful geek :idea:
sonic1974

winmx

Postby silversurfer » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:18 pm

wow some plp have no clue at all on how the chatt rooms work if you banned your will never gett back into the room as its a ip bann
so if you change your name will not work
as in yea f##k off in the room most rooms do not allow swearing which is a bann so it depends on how you behave in them putt this way would you say f##k off too your mum if she said hello to you or can you share plz allso if you have no files too share is a bann as mx is a shareing network has been built up as one then plp like that dont need to be on mx
silversurfer

Postby Bizzare » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:35 pm

wow some plp have no clue at all on how the chatt rooms work if you banned your will never gett back into the room as its a ip bann

That's why you change your ip, and maybe even your hostname..

Very few Ip #'s are truly static, even if you don't know how to change it yourself, your isp probably can. Most isp's will tell you they arent responsible for damage to your machine caused by hackers, which gives you a perfectly legitimate reason to want to switch your ip from time to time..

# of times on winmx someone's threatened to hack me, left a "time bomb" in my channel, etc: 50+

# of times someone's succeed: 1, and he got through cuz i was using an unpatched version of rcms.

Total damage done: none. restarted mx w/new patched rcms and that was the end of it.

Anyone who's lame enough to *still* be sitting in an mx room anymore probably lacks even basic script kiddie knowledge required to hack/track you, unless you just don't have a friggin' firewall/router at all..

Yes, there are exceptions, but you really have to work at it to find those people and piss them off ;)

Where do Slyck folks do thier chatting about current file sharing news, user tips...yada yada.

IRC and Direct Connect (neither of which are easy to navigate if you aren't used to them.. especially for chat). If you look at the top left of the page there is a "chat" link.. I'm not there so I dunno if it's used much.
One Armed Against Nine Killers
Bizzare

win m x

Postby silversurfer » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:15 pm

my room nott on mx coss off that resone rcms too many patches to make it work
i stopp useinf rcm s yrs ago 3.31 was the last time i used
i have mcma room been upp for a long time plp have tryed to crashe not work allso on 3.54 which is more stable on rtf crashing
been rewrighten too stopp it movietemple
i under Ace
i found in rcm s mx is for kiddie scripp hackers so easy to rewright
as in ip changeing yes it can be done i do mine a few times cos webb host a site aswell
butt if you worryed about being hacked look into
hackerdefense exe program < anti hacker program >
which i all so use been around a few yrs been bitten a few times in the past ie rcms days butt since i used mcma server its made life easyer on mx room hosting rewright a few codes easy as pie more time for arther things while the room running
silversurfer

Re: Chat rooms on WinMX

Postby flagran » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:25 am

japhllps wrote:I went into one and some...big understatement here--> wierdo kept talk about me, affectionatly. Said I was taged? Now it could follow me every where. I told it to shut up and F' Off and then I got kicked out. Yeah, I am the bad guy lol

Anyone know of a room I can go to?

..I get booted for looken cross-eyed at my screen..some admins just randomly kick you(I'm thinkin of that tosser at "teen extreme chat central"(or whatever)

..A decent chat room is "teen chat hell...chat sex swearin ,caps it's all good"...plz don't use caps...i know the rules permit..aesthetically uuurrrgggHHh(i'm thinkin of a user named "diego")

..As for being tagged..not sure what he means...but change ur settings in "Incoming msgs & privacy"..and un/tick appropriate box's ..and change also any uniquely named files u might have ..e.g "my prom pics.jpeg"

typing that up on wimx search will bring up users with that file..right click and browse and if he has made a list of what you else you have...it's elementary from that point on(regardless of handal change)..right click and "send message"rofl..Hi honey it's me :twisted: " ..joking

..best to unshare ur folders(become a zero filer) so as not to be profiled in chatroom and change to another shared folder..(mix it up a bit)

...you should be firewalled(in case he has ur i.p..zonealarm by zonelabs.com is free(basic version) will stop and log port hacks..(I can hear the sygate fans booing)

..next time pm instead :lol:
"When a feint ain't...Booya!!!."~Cyber General flagran
flagran

Return to WinMX