Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

if i cant use kazza wat program should i use?

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

if i cant use kazza wat program should i use?

Postby freddy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:16 pm

if i cant download kazza because spyware,viruses,.............then wat program should i download music,movies...with out problems?????
freddy

Postby JesterTX2001 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:22 pm

You should start with the Slyck File-Sharing Guide. I'm sure it would steer you in the direction you want to go. But if you're still not sure, you should try Shareaza. It's my P2P app of choice, and it should be yours, too.
JesterTX2001

Postby CrazyGuy000 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:27 pm

BitTorrent
Ares
Shareaza
eMule/eDonkey
WinMX
Limewire/Bearshare

JUST STAY AWAY FROM KAZAA AND FASTTRACK!
CrazyGuy000

Postby freddy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:56 pm

thx :wink:
freddy

Postby freddy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:57 pm

JesterTX2001 wrote:You should start with the Slyck File-Sharing Guide. I'm sure it would steer you in the direction you want to go. But if you're still not sure, you should try Shareaza. It's my P2P app of choice, and it should be yours, too.

does Shareaza slow my computer???
freddy

Postby Allied » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:52 pm

Shareaza will take more bandwith than the average p2p client because it connects to 3 networks. G1, G2 and ED2K. Thats alot of meta data to transfer.
If you're worried about resources and bandwidth, go with Ares Lite. It works just like Kazaa. But you can opt out of all the spyware.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby WitchHunterRobin » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:00 pm

Allied wrote:If you're worried about resources and bandwidth, go with Ares Lite.

Ares Lite may have been discontinued. The last couple times I tried to download it from the homepage I got the regular version.

When I did find a source for the download of Ares Lite it didn't connect, so I went back to regular Ares and it connected fine.
WitchHunterRobin

Postby Overnet User » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:32 pm

Dc++ with hashing is also a good program. You can find massive amounts of information in some of the hubs. If you have alot of bandwidth and a fast connection, I would recomend Edonkey if you want popular files with decent speeds.
Why Join The Fight?
http://www.eff.org/bloggers/join/
News Without Queues: Follow OvernetUser on Twitter http://twitter.com/OvernetUser
Overnet User

Re: if i cant use kazza wat program should i use??

Postby MarkB » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:16 am

freddy wrote:if i cant download kazza because spyware,viruses,.............then wat program should i download music,movies...with out problems?????
Before you start downloading anything, take the time to read the Guides posted on the left-side. Do your research first to help understand on what programs to use and how to use it. Take the time into reading some of the posts made about the P2P choices and how to get the best out of it.
MarkB

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa