Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

exeem lite

Discuss all other networks not listed
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

exeem lite

Postby £K.A.N.O£ » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:52 pm

please help, i open up exeem lite, but when i search for really really common files nothin shows up, no matter what the search, has anny 1 else had this problem and no how 2 resolve it??
£K.A.N.O£

Postby nms04 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:43 pm

from what i've read here on the forums, exeem lite is blocked out from the network, i wasn't able to run it too, the official release works great, and the banners aren't a problem
nms04

Postby £K.A.N.O£ » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:08 pm

i did try the official version n were averaging sum 50 kb+ speeds witch i was happy about but the lite version ARGH!!!
£K.A.N.O£

Postby ToM » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:13 pm

Mushroom wrote:from what i've read here on the forums, exeem lite is blocked out from the network, i wasn't able to run it too, the official release works great, and the banners aren't a problem

Is this true? That reason alone should be enough for anyone not to use Exeem if it is. And, what in gods name would they be playing at doing that? If you can block out clients, you can also potentially block copyrighted material.

Lame.
Pirate.
ToM
©

Postby nms04 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 pm

sorry i can't tell u if it's true, i've read it only here on another exeem related thread :-/ but i was never able to connect with the lite version, so it could be that the things i said in my last post r true :(
nms04

Postby bean999 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:41 pm

Is this true?

I'd say still some debate.

Exlite didn't work for me yesterday. Rather than try the reg patch thought I'd test this theory by trying the original client :o .

And ... funnily enough it connected. Powered up exlite (which I hadn't uninstalled) and that connected too. Uninstalled exeem, scrubbed away with ad-aware & spybot leaving functioning exlite :) .

All maybe just coincidence. I get the impression the reg patch doesn't work for everyone which suggests general network problem. Also in exlite chat some reported exlite working fine without the patch :? . Which also points to general network problem.

Only thing apparently not in dispute is an intention to block unauthorized clients. But as ToM suggests that would be somewhat undermining of the whole freaking idea.
---
bean999

Postby no_dammagE » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:32 pm

the thing is: exeem lite is based on private beta 0.19, .20 is public. I think that exeem contains the version number in its handshake - same is possible on every network. If you want to, you can modify eMule's source to block all eMules and then spread it around. If you succeed, eMule will be blocked off the network =]
Windows? Blah. Linux? Blah. BSD? Blah.
Just make sure you have a computer licence and I can open your fsckin files.
Vorbis | Theora | LaTeX | OpenDocument
no_dammagE

Postby thejynxed » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:40 pm

Or if people were just smart, they wouldn't use eXeem period and block any ips related to that malware in their HOSTS file and blocklists.
"FlickR is supposed to be weird, fun, experimental, way out-there -- oh no, wait, now that it's so close to being part of Microsoft, FlickR's supposed to bore people to death and empty their pockets while pretending to innovate." - Bruce Sterling
thejynxed

Exeem

Postby Old_School » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:53 am

I have tried Exeem and it's one of the worst P2P clients out there. Stick to Emule, Bittorrent, Ares or EDonkey2k. :x :x
Old_School

Return to Others