Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Release: iMesh Light 5.0.2 RC1

Discussion about the iMesh program and its network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby pd2 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:35 pm

I liked iMesh light and its nice that they make a spyware free version.

But it was not so nice, that I and a friend must reinstall Windows after installing iMesh light...
Windows dont Boot and Rapair dont worked...
pd2

Postby littlebits » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:23 am

pd2 wrote:I liked iMesh light and its nice that they make a spyware free version.

But it was not so nice, that I and a friend must reinstall Windows after installing iMesh light...

This is very strange :roll: because I have installed it on my computer and so has many of my friends and it did not cause any problems on our computers. It still has a few bugs, but is much more stable than the official version. Windows File Protection did appear on one of my friends computers when installing it because the computer had the latest runtime files (VBrun60sp6) installed on it and it was trying to access the older runtime files. He just ignored the Windows File Protection and it did not cause any problems. If you have service pack 2 installed on your computer, you can no longer use your Windows disk to replace files on your system. Windows File Protection will replace them from your dllcache folder in system32. So if you get the Windows File Protection dialog after you installed service pack 2, do NOT try to replace files with your Windows disk. This will mess up your system and you will NOT able to reboot your computer. If you get this warning when installing any program and you have service pack 2 installed, either cancel, or ignore the message. Don't try to put your Windows disk in the computer. By default, Windows File Protection will replace any missing protected files from the dllcache folder when you reboot.

littlebits

Postby Mr. Alzheimer » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:38 am

pd2 wrote:I liked iMesh light and its nice that they make a spyware free version.

Sounds to me like you're using Windows ME, am I right? :P

I remember a few years back I installed iMesh (the original with all it's adware) on our family computer, a Compaq Presario with Windows ME. Everything was working good for about 15 minutes, but then, bluescreen followed by reboot. Same thing happened every single time i started iMesh. I do not know, however, if this was caused by iMesh itself or by it's adware, or if it still happens with the newer versions of iMesh.

If you are using Windows ME, my advise will anyway be to backup all your important files, format your harddrive, install a better OS (I've heard good things about Linux, but never tried it. Personally I use Windows XP) and BURN your Windows ME in the center of a pentagram, while chanting in latin "Evil spirits be gone from my computer!"
Mr. Alzheimer

Postby 666 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:41 am

If you have a P2P program, drive imaging software is just a few clicks away.

Never install a (P2P) program without a backup of your system partition on CD or DVD.

Ghost, TrueImage, there are many more, and spyware-free apps like Shareaza or KCeasy know where to find them!

Mr. Alzheimer wrote:...while chanting in latin "Evil spirits be gone from my computer!"

And the latin word for 'computer' is ...?

Postby KaMiKaZe » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:27 am

I don't understand why people are looking for payware or adware p2p software crap.

There's eMule, Shareaza, Azureus, DC++ and they are offering decent speeds for free, why trying to pay for something inferior?

MORPHEUS SUCKS!

The third-party can't be uninstalled, because if they could there's no point to give money to the Morpheus Team for them.
KaMiKaZe

Postby red duck » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:29 am

I don't understand why people are looking for payware or adware p2p software crap.

are you refering to iMesh Light or to morpheus?
there is new p2p site
...and it's growing.

The site is UP :)
red duck

Location: lemme think......... oh i forgot NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS ! ! !

Postby OAKside24 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:24 pm

I wish website design could tell how good a download iMesh Light was. It'd be great! Welp, I think it would...

iMesh Lite site:
http://www.imesh-light.tk/

Actually, I won't DL iML because of: (1)you guys (2)fasttrack on iML 4?!? (3)iML 5 very 'unstable' ;[

Wish Shareaza would connect to G2 for me. That's be great.
OAKside24

Previous

Return to iMesh