Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Newsdemon does not refund unused time or respond to emails

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Newsdemon does not refund unused time or respond to emails

Postby stevenospam » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:30 am

I've been a happy Newsdemon subscriber for some years. Unfortunately I started my subscription using Paypal and recently learned that, in order to have access to all the newsgroups, I would need to cancel my subscription and resubscribe using a credit card for payment. No problem, except that when I canceled my subscription, no refund was sent. I prepay a year at a time and I renewed my yearly unlimited subscription in November. I've emailed Newsdemon support 3 times and have not received any response. It's sad because I was going to resubscribe for annual unlimited but won't now that they seem to be ripping me off. If anyone knows how I might get this rectified, I would appreciate your suggestions. Emails to support@newsdemon.com are not being answered.
stevenospam

Re: Newsdemon does not refund unused time or respond to emai

Postby ejonesss » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:14 am

call up paypal and do a charge back if need be tell paypal it was a fraud charge
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby Lee1001 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:04 am

and then remove the Slyck's recommendation from front page.
Lee1001

Postby sunnyd » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:51 pm

@ stevenospam
Newsdemon has a toll free number to call, and you could also fax them a letter with your request for a refund because of the switchover to credit card. You could also write them. I realize these options may not be available to you depending on where you live, but I would keep trying to get through somehow. Hopefully they will resolve it for you, albeit not as soon as you would like them to. You also did not mention how long you have been waiting and trying to get through, all you
said was "recently", so if possible, try one of their other options to reach them.

Newsdemon.com
713 E Greenville Street
Suite D, #101,
Anderson, SC 29621
USA

Phone: 888.308.4272
Fax: 888.549.3675

ejonesss wrote:call up paypal and do a charge back if need be tell paypal it was a fraud charge

:doh: It wasn't a fraud charge, it was a legitimate charge. S/he is awaiting a refund because s/he CHOSE to switch and pay by credit card to be able to see all the groups.

Lee1001 wrote:and then remove the Slyck's recommendation from front page.

I just did a search on two different search engines, and did not see hundreds of complaints that would warrant any such action from Slyck unless our admins have heard tons of complaints (and/or seen them posted on Slyck). I certainly don't think Slyck would base a decision to remove a recommendation because of one negative post, or even a couple. :wink:

EDIT: Perhaps Fred can move this to the newsgroups section of the forum in the event it would get more attention or other suggestions there.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:32 pm

moved :)
MrFredPFL

Postby stevenospam » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:09 am

Thanks for your comments. I'll wait a while longer to see if they issue a refund. When I cancelled they should have included their refund policy with the cancel confirmation and subsequent support requests should at least get acknowledged with a "we'll get back to you by" message. I'm hopeful the explanation is they are a bit disorganized rather than dishonest.
stevenospam

Postby stevenospam » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:52 pm

I never did receive a reply from Newsdemon and have begun the dispute process. I would warn people against paying Newsdemon for an entire year of service. I've moved to a new provider.
stevenospam

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:30 am

sorry to hear this, steve. if you're interested, you can PM me your info there and i'd be happy to see if i can find anything out on your behalf.
MrFredPFL

Postby napho » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:21 am

NewsDemon reps are active on this forum.

http://forums.newsbin.com/viewforum.php?f=41
napho

Postby stevenospam » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:46 am

The final chapter. The original charge was paid via Paypal and my Paypal account was setup to use my Visa card. Paypal offers no redress if the purchase is for a service. Fortunately I was able to contact Visa and today they decided in my favor, refunded my payment and charged Paypal. Case closed and goodbye Newsdemon.
stevenospam

Return to NewsGroups