Page 1 of 1

NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:41 am
by Ascendant2k6
Oh shit... I just saw that the NZBMatrix is gone! That's like suprnova going down to the usenet community, does anyone have any recommendations for alternative indexers? This is bad... I'm thinking it's going to be the beginning of the end for us usenet users...

And their takedown message also included:

It is with our regret to announce that NZBMATRIX has closed.

We have had to make this decision due to a very large takedown request from a company called Wiggin LLC. These represent the following: Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT"), Paramount Home Entertainment International Limited; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Limited; The Walt Disney Company Limited; Twentieth Century Fox Film Company Limited; Universal Pictures (UK) Limited; Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited.

As everyone is aware we are DMCA/Takedown notice compliant, and always have been.
Once this notice is completed we are left with an impossible task of policing our indexing bots. Even then it won't stop there, there will be follow-up notices etc.

Coupled with this is problems with payment providers, we have been through pretty much everyone out there, in the end they all pull out.
There are massive server/bandwidth costs to pay, with the payments in-stability this is a very hard task.

NZBMATRIX has never been the subject of any legal issues or threats.

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out...


Does anyone know what the last bolded part mean?

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:44 am
by Lee1001
It's dying

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:06 pm
by leyton
Anyone know the admins? and how i can contacted the admin`s on there! thanks. :pissedoff:

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:24 pm
by bmh67wa
You can try their IRC channel though I seriously doubt that they are answering PM's. I imagine that they are getting flooded with Q&A's right now.

I find it funny that a few people have actually had the nerve to ask for their VIP donation back. They obviously don't know what the word "donation" means. :roll:

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:50 pm
by napho
bmh67wa wrote:
I find it funny that a few people have actually had the nerve to ask for their VIP donation back. They obviously don't know what the word "donation" means. :roll:


Imagine if one of those guys donated a kidney . :wink:

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:26 pm
by leyton
bmh67wa wrote:You can try their IRC channel though I seriously doubt that they are answering PM's. I imagine that they are getting flooded with Q&A's right now.

I find it funny that a few people have actually had the nerve to ask for their VIP donation back. They obviously don't know what the word "donation" means. :roll:


Lol just would like to smack someone lmao :wank

That's like asking The Red Cross for your money back because children are still starving in Africa. :pirate:



Imagine if one of those guys donated a kidney,How meny does one have? :roll:

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:54 pm
by napho
Ascendant2k6 wrote:
Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out... [/i]

Does anyone know what the last bolded part mean?



It means that more and more content is being removed from Usenet because of takedown notices that providers are complying with. If there's nothing left to download, there's nothing left to index. It's already the case with the UFC, many games, tv shows like Arrow, Fringe, Big Bang Theory etc.

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:03 pm
by Ascendant2k6
napho wrote:It means that more and more content is being removed from Usenet because of takedown notices that providers are complying with. If there's nothing left to download, there's nothing left to index. It's already the case with the UFC, many games, tv shows like Arrow, Fringe, Big Bang Theory etc.


But I thought usenet is decentralized, that there are servers everywhere that has copies of the binaries?

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:05 pm
by Ascendant2k6
Another question I have is that are there any NZBmatrix alternatives? I know of usenet search engines like binsearch, but NZBmatrix was unique as they pre-indexed everything into NZBs and had good filters, etc...

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:08 am
by napho
This site looks like an nzbsrus clone to me. 5 nzbs a day for free account. Opens and closes constantly due to influx.
btw nzbsrus is back, but still no free nzbs there.

https://www.gingadaddy.com/signup.php

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 am
by ejonesss
looks suspicious for a couple reasons.

1. the security question you usually never see that on forums sites or at least i never much see it in forums sites

2. site comes on heels of nzbmatrix going down.

i suspect ice is cracking down and taking all combinations of the name .com , .org, .edu and .net and maybe working with other registries to ban nzbmatrix there.

and agreed to put up a block of text and forfeit any money earned and their paypal account in plea bargain over jail time and criminal record

3. probably nzbmatrix just renamed.

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:54 pm
by napho
6 minutes left to register on nzbgrabit.co.uk. Good site.
http://www.nzbgrabit.co.uk

Re: NZBMatrix Gone?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:48 am
by ejonesss
napho wrote:This site looks like an nzbsrus clone to me. 5 nzbs a day for free account. Opens and closes constantly due to influx.
btw nzbsrus is back, but still no free nzbs there.

https://www.gingadaddy.com/signup.php



now they are invite only.