Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Better alternative to Astraweb $11/month unlimited?

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Better alternative to Astraweb $11/month unlimited?

Postby venussuz » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm shopping around among the premium usenet providers due to recent billing difficulties with Astraweb and wondered if there are any providers that equal or exceed what Astraweb provides - 3+ years retention, reliable downloading - both in speed, maxing out my 30 mb down and completion as I rarely need par files. Yes, I'm looking for something on the cheap - $11 is just about the right price point, but completion and speed are very important as well.

I've looked into block accounts, but there are months I download 30 gig, other months 600 gig. So unlimited with 10 or 20 connections is what I'm looking for.
Toasty wrote:It must be the economy. Judges are probably BOGO in Sweden right now. :D
venussuz

Re: Better alternative to Astraweb $11/month unlimited?

Postby mainroy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:06 am

Speaking as a member of the silent majority(bugger Ive just been kicked out!!!)
mainroy

Re: Better alternative to Astraweb $11/month unlimited?

Postby HouseCrowd » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 am

I'm with Newshosting .... have been for years, on and off. Never had any issues with completion, speed or reliability with them.

■ Unlimited Data Transfer & Speed
    ■ 1532 Days Retention
    ■ Free SSL Encryption
    ■ 30 Connections
    ■ Over 99% Completion

Their unlimited plan is usually around $15 / Mo (or a bit less if you pay annually).

However, if you go here: http://www.newshosting.com/partners/ (or just add /partners to the end of the usual url) you should be able to get the same thing for $10 per month.
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Return to NewsGroups