Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Looking for a little advice/help

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Looking for a little advice/help

Postby zatoichi5 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that I've been having with Grabit. Recently nearly every file I download is coming up missing recovery blocks, usually in the 1000's. I've been using Grabit for quite a while now and only had this problem occassionally. I'm not sure what it is, I'm assuming it could be the .nzb I'm downloading, the site I'm using (nzbsrus.com or I guess it could be my service Astraweb), Grabit, or my internet connection.

Two things have changed since I started having these problems, I moved, so new internet connection, different ISP, all that stuff, and the site has had some problems with their servers. Any Ideas or suggestions? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
zatoichi5

Re: Looking for a little advice/help

Postby Sfl0w » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:10 pm

This can be caused by a few things..

One, the nzbs you are trying to download were created improperly. Two, Astraweb simply does not have a copy of the particular articles in question that you are trying to download. Three, some of the articles in the set have been removed by Astraweb to comply with a DMCA takedown request.

Suggestions for you..
-Try different nzbs
- Configure grabit to use both Astraweb servers (EU & US) - sometimes if an article is missing from one server it can be found on the other
- By a block fill account with another provider (I use Newshosting) and configure the new server in grabit

Hope that helps,
Cheers
I need more CowBell!!
Do it..you know you want to!
Sfl0w

Re: Looking for a little advice/help

Postby WBJJ » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:11 am

sflow -

In another post you said you had a year long account with usenetserver.
WBJJ

Return to NewsGroups