Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

No grouplists from Astraweb

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

No grouplists from Astraweb

Postby Eugene » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:25 am

Hi.

For some reason I can no longer download grouplists in my Usenet clients. I've tried with Newsleecher, Thunderbird and Outlook Express. I've had this problem since yesterday. Anyone else? I've tried both the SSL and non-SSL servers. I use Astraweb.

I have to point out that everything else work, like downloading through NZBs and updating existing groups. Even adding new groups in Newsleecher is possible via the MANUAL ADD although not in Outlook Express and Thunderbird (they won't let you add manually).

Thoughts?
Eugene

Re: No grouplists from Astraweb

Postby ejonesss » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:48 pm

works ok for me.

you may want to upgrade to a client that supports 64 bit newsgroups.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby Eugene » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:16 pm

What clients are these?

I've never heard of newsgroups in 64 bit, I'm a n00b, you mean they are invisible in a non-64 bit client?

I use Newsleecher mostly because I have access to Supersearch but also its n00b-friendlyness. And I guess Thunderbird/Outlook are the only one that manage text discussions properly (that treestructure).

Anyway I doubt 64bit is really the source of the problem though, I fetched the lists until yesterday. (If 64 bit wasn't introduced yesterday, lol. Then it probably is it.)
Eugene

Postby Eugene » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Ok. Nevermind. Today it started working normally again. :toast: I made no tweaks that could had fixed anything, so I guess it were the servers after all. Anyway all is good now. :thumbup:
Eugene

Return to NewsGroups