Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

Binverse

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Binverse

Postby leyton » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:50 am

Hi all, im intrested in sign up at Binverse,i dont know a lot about it.Ive just used my free 1gig up, what i can say is its been good up to now.What im looking for from any one that has used it,the good points and the bad points about this,ie the fact that i have to input my card detailes and name,,,,,<< is this a smart move Cheers all
There's nothing that cant be done if we raise our voice as one.chronicles of history evil corporates and their deceptions will never succeed

laughs at men at work signs. Women work everyday, and don't need a sign.. but men need to let everyone know what they are doing.
User avatar
leyton
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:40 am

Re: Binverse

Postby SleepyOne » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:31 am

The good:
Their software is nice.

The bad:
Binverse is basically Usenext with a new name. Their pricing is horrible.
Binverse also uses false/misleading advertising a LOT. Notice how they say they got 5/5 stars from Slyck on their homepage? And yet when you look them up at Slyck they have 2.5 stars?
Their pricing can be confusing to some. The "Unlimited" part you see all over, is only valid at 1 Mbit speed. No one in their right mind would use usenet to download at 1 Mbit and yet pay more for that than they would at a "normal" provider.

If you know how to use a regular usenet client, or you just want to use nzbs, then I'd highly recommend going with Astraweb or something similar instead.

To sum it up:
The only reason to use Binverse is if you really love their software and just can't be without it.
SleepyOne
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 pm

Re: Binverse

Postby leyton » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:06 am

Thank you SleepyOne
some good points there its put me of a little from what you have said,esp about the 1 Mbit speed and the fact you have said Binverse is basically Usenext with a new name. Their pricing is horrible

Ive read up on usenet client`s and nzbs i just cant get my head around them,on how to use them i would of thought after all my years with a computer i would no how to use them,saddly i cant yes ive read pages after pages on it over the years
there software does look good and its easy to use, its all in one client Thanks for the info ill keep looking around
There's nothing that cant be done if we raise our voice as one.chronicles of history evil corporates and their deceptions will never succeed

laughs at men at work signs. Women work everyday, and don't need a sign.. but men need to let everyone know what they are doing.
User avatar
leyton
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:40 am

Re: Binverse

Postby bolete » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:14 am

SleepyOne wrote:
To sum it up:
The only reason to use Binverse is if you really love their software and just can't be without it.




+1
User avatar
bolete
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:55 pm

Re: Binverse

Postby Fartingbob » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:49 am

+2
User avatar
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Serenity

Re: Binverse

Postby BinverseTeam » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Hey Leyton,

We're glad you enjoyed your Free 1Gig trial! It's sound like you're still eligible for the full 14 day trial if you would like to check it out some more. We're actually running a special 14 day free trial for Slyck users right now where you get 10GB of highspeed downloads (normally 5GB) and unlimited 1 Mbps downloads. To take advantage just click on one of our banners on Slyck or go to Binverse.com/offers/slyck . If you're not comfortable using your credit card for the trial we also except paypal (there is a $1 verification fee for paypal).

"Notice how they say they got 5/5 stars from Slyck on their homepage? And yet when you look them up at Slyck they have 2.5 stars?"

This is an old graphic that was created early on when we did have 5 stars, it was updated months ago (and shows the correct graphic on landing pages) but a smaller version seems to have been accidentally missed or reuploaded. I'll have this changed in our upload tomorrow. (please note that the current rating is only based on a small number of reviews, If you enjoyed our software don't be shy about leaving your own ;) )

We understand that our product isn't right for everyone and if you're simply looking for the cheapest monthly unlimited account we are probably not going to be the right choice for you. We do offer a great all-in-one product that we've had a very positive response to and for those of you who haven't checked it out yet I would encourage you to give it a try.

Thanks,
The Binverse Team
BinverseTeam
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Binverse

Postby leyton » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:05 pm

BinverseTeam
Thanks i will be looking in to that, nice one :thumbup:
There's nothing that cant be done if we raise our voice as one.chronicles of history evil corporates and their deceptions will never succeed

laughs at men at work signs. Women work everyday, and don't need a sign.. but men need to let everyone know what they are doing.
User avatar
leyton
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:40 am

Re: Binverse

Postby djm101 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:10 pm

SleepyOne wrote:The bad:
Binverse is basically Usenext with a new name. Their pricing is horrible.


As in same style? With own client etc..or have you found out they are the same company? As far as I'm aware they are seperate entities. Can anyone clarify?
UsenetShack - Usenet articles, honest provider reviews & more.
djm101
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:03 am

Re: Binverse

Postby leyton » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:49 am

Just started to use Binverse what ive seen so far its very easy to use,custom Support is very good im getting good speeds :D very good software, great all-in-one product i cant fault it 10/10 i would recommend to every one :thumbup:
has Binverse team said a special 14 day free trial for Slyck users right now where you get 10GB of highspeed downloads (normally 5GB) and unlimited 1 Mbps downloads. To take advantage just click on one of THEIR banners on Slyck or go to Binverse.com/offers/slyck . And no need to enter your credit card to use free trial which is even better :thumbup:
Last edited by leyton on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's nothing that cant be done if we raise our voice as one.chronicles of history evil corporates and their deceptions will never succeed

laughs at men at work signs. Women work everyday, and don't need a sign.. but men need to let everyone know what they are doing.
User avatar
leyton
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:40 am

Re: Binverse

Postby SleepyOne » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:56 pm

leyton wrote:Just started to use Binverse what ive seen so far its very easy to use,custom Support is very good im getting good speeds :D very good software, great all-in-one product i cant fault it 10/10 i would recommend to every one :thumbup:
a special 14 day free trial for Slyck users right now where you get 10GB of highspeed downloads (normally 5GB) and unlimited 1 Mbps downloads. To take advantage just click on one of our banners on Slyck or go to Binverse.com/offers/slyck . And no need to enter your credit card to use free trial which is even better :thumbup:


Note the bolded part.
Ops.. busted?

If you were a normal user, and have used them for 2 days... shouldn't you refer to it as THEIR banners?

Maybe it was just a poorly chosen copy/paste phrase?

Either way, they must be truly awesome to have converted you from a skeptic to a full out live advertisement in just 2 days :)
SleepyOne
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 pm

Re: Binverse

Postby leyton » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Maybe it was just a poorly chosen copy/paste phrase?


Dam you good im busted lmao :thumbdn: just for lucky you ive edit it,,, if you look what i wrote 3rd post down :oops:
you will see why i said this Binverse is good

http://www.slyck.com/Video_Newsgroups_Quickstart

i fully trust SLYCK well i hope so :?: ive try`d following the vid,all i know is when i click on Binverse and download the softwear its a all in one client
you type in what you need and download easy has 123
There's nothing that cant be done if we raise our voice as one.chronicles of history evil corporates and their deceptions will never succeed

laughs at men at work signs. Women work everyday, and don't need a sign.. but men need to let everyone know what they are doing.
User avatar
leyton
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:40 am

Re: Binverse

Postby SleepyOne » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:24 pm

I think I'll remain on the skeptical side.

Binverse uses the same server-park as Usenext does.
Binverse uses the same pricing scheme as Usenext does.
Binverse uses the same software as Usenext does.
Try finding proper contact info for Binverse without looking REALLY hard...
Domain info is hidden.
Binverse advertises in the same fashion as Usenext does.

But if it works for you and you are happy, then all is well I guess :)
SleepyOne
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 pm

Re: Binverse

Postby djm101 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Checking his post history, leyton doesn't seem that suspicous (for once).

Will definitely look in to those two companies being one and the same. At least they're not taking CC details pre-trial.
UsenetShack - Usenet articles, honest provider reviews & more.
djm101
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:03 am

Re: Binverse

Postby leyton » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Theres a recession on fk sake, 5 gig for free im converted.And by the way Sherlock Holmes! my name isnt Bram Cohen,ive not past over to the dark side, :mrgreen:


Checking his post history, leyton doesn't seem that suspicous (for once). Thank you
djm101
There's nothing that cant be done if we raise our voice as one.chronicles of history evil corporates and their deceptions will never succeed

laughs at men at work signs. Women work everyday, and don't need a sign.. but men need to let everyone know what they are doing.
User avatar
leyton
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:40 am

Re: Binverse

Postby hardy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:45 pm

I recently had a dispute with Binverse via the Slyck-linked trial period. Their misleading T&C and the reminder email sent to me before trial expiry, caused me to think that I would be signed up for a 1 month subscription if I let the trial lapse. Instead, I was charged for a whole year. Numerous exchanges with their "friendly and helpful" operators led to runarounds.

Requests to get the matter escalated to a manager who could grant refunds, led to a dead end. Their answers were always standard canned replies, rigid and inflexible, polished and legally-bullying. Their bottom line: We Do Not Offer Refunds. Read the T&C.

Only after this happened, did I do a search on the Web for Binverse complaints, and there are certainly many. Binverse really is another UseNext, along with all its horrible reputation for overcharging, billing disputes, misleading terms and conditions and exaggerated claims of being friendly and helpful.

My STRONG ADVICE to slyck friends here: Try Binverse at your own risk. Do NOT divulge your credit card details to them. Do NOT pay even a cent for the paypal verification. Cancel promptly before the trial ends, or you'll be stuck with a 1-year subscription plan (even if they want you to think otherwise). If you like their service, CANCEL THE TRIAL and sign up separately for a specific plan, and DO NOT USE A CREDIT CARD.
hardy
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Binverse and Conflict of Interest

Postby hardy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:10 pm

You've guessed it -- I am a disgruntled Binverse user, lured into thinking that the service can be trusted because Slyck does business with it via affiliate marketing.

I have been reading Slyck for many years now, to gather unbiased news about the p2p trends, to learn file sharing best practices. Naturally, I'd grown to trust Slyck, and this trust is implicitly linked to advertisements and special ventures that it promotes with third parties.

But now that I (among many others, I am sure) was treated shabbily by Binverse and had gone through much hassles to straighten things out, I raise this tricky question to Slyck and all my peers here: Should Slyck involve itself with businesses that gain bad reputations? If it does, should Slyck set up special provisos and strong warnings to users to reduce the possibility of dispute/mistake/bad user experience? If disputes and innuendo arise, should Slyck ever censor public user feedback to protect its business affiliations? In case of problems, should Slyck negotiate and arbitrate on behalf of its users to protect those who take advantage of special deals that it inked with not-so-trusted businesses?

This question easily grows into a generic poser for any other marketing mechanism that appears on Slyck. Where do we draw the line between pure business arrangements and defending user interests? If Slyck becomes aware of the questionable tactics of a business affiliate, what is its stand and stated undertaking to protect its own reputation and its own members?

I learned a lesson from the recent unhappy incident, and I can't say users are always faultless or incapable of being unfair to businesses. However, I think I speak everyone's mind when I say that the general principles behind any good business behaviour are Honesty, Flexibility and Transparency. Any business that fails in any of these aspects always has a choice to make good. And if it shows repeatedly that it doesn't or cannot bother with such principles, then Slyck has to take a stand on whether to sever ties with them, or continue to earn revenue from their shoddy philosophy.
hardy
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Binverse

Postby enigmax » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:28 am

hardy wrote:Their misleading T&C and the reminder email sent to me before trial expiry, caused me to think that I would be signed up for a 1 month subscription if I let the trial lapse. Instead, I was charged for a whole year.

I'm interested in the details on this. Can you show me the parts that you believe are misleading please?

hardy wrote:Their bottom line: We Do Not Offer Refunds. Read the T&C.

Again, can you show me where it says there are no refunds?

I'm also interested in the mechanism for canceling - can you show me where/how this is done?

cheers
User avatar
enigmax
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:58 am
Location: torrentfreak

Re: Binverse

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:06 pm

hardy, if you'll provide me your info in a PM, i'll initiate an inquiry.
MrFredPFL
 
Posts: 15750
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: Binverse and Conflict of Interest

Postby Wrinkles » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:31 pm

hardy wrote:You've guessed it -- I am a disgruntled Binverse user, lured into thinking that the service can be trusted because Slyck does business with it via affiliate marketing.


Perfect post Hardy! Your thoughts echo mine a great deal. It seems Slyck has turned into nothing more than a giant billboard as of late. I like Slyck for its discussions, people and news. However I do not see it as a great a place for users to get good information for there purchases as it once was. Now it is nothing more than promote who ever paid the most cash-o-la to be the best that week.

For example, newsdemon and thundernews are slyck recomended, Ngroups offers the same service through the same set of servers, at more than half the price! If newsdemon and Thundernews are so great, surely Ngroups must be the same caliber right, or is it just because newsdemon paid for Slyck to say they are the best? If I pay a bit, can I be Slycks #1 Poster? :P Either way, it is misleading to the user who wants to learn or the new user to Usenet.

Further, slycks video guide to the newsgroups had great promise. However I stopped at episode 1 or 2 simply because it quickly turned into an infomercial for Binverse.

i realize the bills have to be paid, but should it come to the expense of people seeking to learn? If something is an advertisement, why not say so? Something like "Slyck Recomended" then in smaller letters underneath, "Paid Advertisement" or "Paid Placement".

Mr Fred, hopefully your help with Hardy gets him some results. It is to bad that it took having to go public to get something done about it! sometimes I wonder how Binverse became "Number 1" so quickly, were they even around at this time last year?
Wrinkles
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Re: Binverse and Conflict of Interest

Postby bolete » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Wrinkles wrote:
For example, newsdemon and thundernews are slyck recomended, Ngroups offers the same service through the same set of servers, at more than half the price! If newsdemon and Thundernews are so great, surely Ngroups must be the same caliber right, or is it just because newsdemon paid for Slyck to say they are the best? If I pay a bit, can I be Slycks #1 Poster? :P Either way, it is misleading to the user who wants to learn or the new user to Usenet.




Well...here goes.

Because NGROUPS is here today but might not be here tomorrow.

Because the sites you mentioned provide a better overall experience than Ngroups.

Because the little things matter. Things like actually updating your site with actual English and accurate math. Example from Ngroups:

"Our servers carries almost all active newsgroups on the usenet. The retention for binaries is up to 424 days and GROWING towards 400+ days!!!"

Because both those sites offer a free news reader and Ngroups does not.

Because Ngroups does not offer live support.

Because Ngroups is not half the price like you say it is.

Because Ngroups uses some random third party payment processor that I do not know if I can trust with my CC data. If you can not get your OWN merchant account and process your OWN credit card transactions then should I do business with you?

Off the top of my head, those are things that both those sites do, that is also done by Giganews and a few other "top" providers.
User avatar
bolete
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:55 pm

Re: Binverse and Conflict of Interest

Postby Wrinkles » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Because NGROUPS is here today but might not be here tomorrow.

Yes, true, and your point is? How many everyday companies have gone bankrupt in the past 2 years that have been around for a long time? "Paying" to be number 1 means a free pass to stick around to the end of eternity? Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't NGroup actually featured in the Slyck Recomended category on the front page a couple of months back? So it would seem that yes, they can be number 1 caliber, since they were, if they chose to keep paying there bill. :wink:

Because the sites you mentioned provide a better overall experience than Ngroups.
I do not know about you, but once I sign up for a usenet service, I hope to not visit the site all that often afterwards. The web pages could be in plain text for all I care! Granted I am somewhat old, so I am not really into the whole "Web 2.0" experience like a lot of the younger crowd is today. You may be, which is why you are drawn to Newsdemon site more.


Because the little things matter. Things like actually updating your site with actual English and accurate math. Example from Ngroups:

"Our servers carries almost all active newsgroups on the usenet. The retention for binaries is up to 424 days and GROWING towards 400+ days!!!"


A mistake, shame on them.

Because both those sites offer a free news reader and Ngroups does not.

Have you ever used Newsrover? i would go without usenet if I was forced to pick between that and none at all! In all fairness though, there are other, much better alternatives that are free but if a free news reader that is over priced to begin with attracts you, then I guess that gimmick on there site is working.

Because Ngroups does not offer live support.

True, but is it worth $8 more a month to pay for it, when you can just wait an hour or so with ngroups for a response?

Because Ngroups is not half the price like you say it is.

My apologies on that. I thought I saw some special on there site a few days ago. So with normal pricing that everyone can get on each of the respecitive sites, NGroups is 30% cheaper for the same usenet SERVICE, just not as pretty a website.

Because Ngroups uses some random third party payment processor that I do not know if I can trust with my CC data. If you can not get your OWN merchant account and process your OWN credit card transactions then should I do business with you?

Again, someone correct me if i am wrong, I think Ngroups processor is there own in house one? Also, what say you about Astraweb? They do not have there own processor and they are one of the msot popular out there right now, correct?

Also, read a few posts up, look what happened to this particular Binverse user when Binverse had hold of his credit card number. COULD this have happened with Astraweb and 2 Checkout? You could completely bypass the usenet provider and deal with 2 Checkout on issues. Also, with the many activities of usenet, do you really want all of your eggs in one basket so to speak with your provider who can turn over your legit billing information since they have it all stored?


In addition, do a google search for Newsdemon throttling or capping, it seems they are capping once 250-300 gigs is reached each month. Naturally, they are denying it. Wouldnt it be nice to point this out on Slyck for users to consider in there research, or does this go against the paid advertising policies? :wink: Since Newsdemon is flat out denying it, do you really want to do business with a company that is not upfront about it? :wink:
Wrinkles
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Re: Binverse

Postby hardy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:19 pm

enigmax wrote:
hardy wrote:Their misleading T&C and the reminder email sent to me before trial expiry, caused me to think that I would be signed up for a 1 month subscription if I let the trial lapse. Instead, I was charged for a whole year.

I'm interested in the details on this. Can you show me the parts that you believe are misleading please?

hardy wrote:Their bottom line: We Do Not Offer Refunds. Read the T&C.

Again, can you show me where it says there are no refunds?

I'm also interested in the mechanism for canceling - can you show me where/how this is done?

cheers


Well, for the record, here is the verbatim advisory email "reminding" me of what I am getting into if I let the trial lapse into a subscription:

(My trial usage ID)

Your Binverse free trial account will end in 3 days.

Per the Binverse Free Trial terms your full account will activate after your free trial has ended and your payment method on file will be charged.

Binverse Usenet Service
Unlimited Speed, Unlimited GB
1 month term
$21.99

By default, our monthly 30GB account has been selected; however, you can change to an account with more Gigabytes or a different term by visiting...

http://binverse.com/index.cfm?suuid=xxx ... xxxxxxxxxx

Also available: Monthly, 6 Month, and Yearly Accounts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is an excerpt of their email to me after I asked them to escalate the issue to a manager to decide on a full refund.
(By the way, their method of email customer support is one way: they can reply to your queries via email, but you cannot reply via email, and have to do it through the binverse site's form. I can't call them since overseas phone charges apply in my country of residence. Also, emails serve as some printed evidence when needed, which is why I prefer this mode of communication. But by having to use their online support form, the onus is on me to copy and save all queries to them in a separate text file for reference.)

Excerpt 1: "As per our terms & conditions, which you agreed to upon registration, we cannot reverse the automatic renewal of your contract. If you do not cancel your trial period in due time this extends into the Galaxy-30GB with a running period for 12 months. This condition is stated in our terms & conditions, which you agreed upon when registering with Binverse."

Excerpt 2: "The information from the recharge reminder does indeed state that a monthly recharge package has been chosen for you. However, this means our annual plan since with this you are provided with 12 monthly packages of 30GB.
Additionally, the listing for the monthly package for $21.99 only refers to our new unlimited packages ("Unlimited Speed, Unlimited GB") that you could have chosen before your trial ended.
As already mentioned we are not able to reverse the automatic recharge of your account. Like you, we are bound to the terms and conditions."

Excertp 3: "We have taken your matter to the supervising department. Unfortunately, we were told that no exception can be made."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll refrain from printing my retorts to them, and the legal ramifications of their wordplay, fraudulent inducement and misrepresentations in the T&C and email. Suffice to say, any would-be trial user of Binverse must tread carefully and not fall into the same trap as I did.
hardy
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Binverse and Conflict of Interest

Postby hardy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi wrinkles

Thanks for your kind wishes and your fair comment about Slyck's stand in matters pertaining to ethics. I don't wish to stir up trouble with Slyck; my only intention is to stir up awareness here (to Slyck users) of Binverse's poor business tactics.

If Slyck wishes to continue exposing its readers to dangerous or questionable businesses, and I don't agree, I can just show myself out the door since they are a free site and don't owe me any moral favours. However, if there is any shred of decency, community spirit and sense of fairplay in the good people behind Slyck, then there may be hope for its fans when people like me raise ethical issues and shines some light on what can be done to address the problem(s).
hardy
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Binverse and Conflict of Interest

Postby bolete » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Wrinkles wrote:Because the sites you mentioned provide a better overall experience than Ngroups.
I do not know about you, but once I sign up for a usenet service, I hope to not visit the site all that often afterwards. The web pages could be in plain text for all I care! Granted I am somewhat old, so I am not really into the whole "Web 2.0" experience like a lot of the younger crowd is today. You may be, which is why you are drawn to Newsdemon site more.


I am sure Slyck is expecting more people than just you to visit their site, so I would guess they cover their bases.


Wrinkles wrote:
Because both those sites offer a free news reader and Ngroups does not.

Have you ever used Newsrover? i would go without usenet if I was forced to pick between that and none at all! In all fairness though, there are other, much better alternatives that are free but if a free news reader that is over priced to begin with attracts you, then I guess that gimmick on there site is working.


Again, you are talking about YOU and not everyone. Between a company that provides SOMETHING for free or one that does nothing at all, I think most people would better rate the one that gives that something away. Right?

Wrinkles wrote:Because Ngroups does not offer live support.

True, but is it worth $8 more a month to pay for it, when you can just wait an hour or so with ngroups for a response?


It is not $8 cheaper. In fact newsdemon is cheaper. http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/08/24/crunchdeals-unlimited-usenet-for-1095/

Wrinkles wrote:Because Ngroups is not half the price like you say it is.

My apologies on that. I thought I saw some special on there site a few days ago. So with normal pricing that everyone can get on each of the respecitive sites, NGroups is 30% cheaper for the same usenet SERVICE, just not as pretty a website.


Again as I mentioned above, newsdemon is offering unlimited accounts for $10.95. http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/08/24/crunchdeals-unlimited-usenet-for-1095/


Wrinkles wrote:Because Ngroups uses some random third party payment processor that I do not know if I can trust with my CC data. If you can not get your OWN merchant account and process your OWN credit card transactions then should I do business with you?

Again, someone correct me if i am wrong, I think Ngroups processor is there own in house one? Also, what say you about Astraweb? They do not have there own processor and they are one of the msot popular out there right now, correct?

Also, read a few posts up, look what happened to this particular Binverse user when Binverse had hold of his credit card number. COULD this have happened with Astraweb and 2 Checkout? You could completely bypass the usenet provider and deal with 2 Checkout on issues. Also, with the many activities of usenet, do you really want all of your eggs in one basket so to speak with your provider who can turn over your legit billing information since they have it all stored?


I do not use Astraweb. I think they are located in Indonesia or somewhere. As for third party processors, look up what happened to people who gave their money to a processor called Ibill. http://www.ibill-sucks.com/ Again, if you can not obtain your own merchant account that you run through your own website, it raises a flag to me on how long you intend to be in business.

Wrinkles wrote:In addition, do a google search for Newsdemon throttling or capping, it seems they are capping once 250-300 gigs is reached each month. Naturally, they are denying it. Wouldnt it be nice to point this out on Slyck for users to consider in there research, or does this go against the paid advertising policies? :wink: Since Newsdemon is flat out denying it, do you really want to do business with a company that is not upfront about it? :wink:


I can not comment on something nor will I speculate on something I have no knowledge of. I have never had a problem and I have reached the level you have mentioned plus some on a monthly basis. I would say that you can find similar query results when you search for almost any provider and the word throttling. In Firefox's google search box, type in "giganews t" and let it make suggestions for you.

I am not saying Ngroups sucks. I am just trying to help you understand why a site like Slyck would rate other sites higher. I am sure Ngroups is a quality site and provides quality service.
User avatar
bolete
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:55 pm

Re: Binverse

Postby binverse » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi Hardy,

Can you please email your Binverse username to promotions@binverse.com?
There was technical glitch that caused a small number of customers problems and it was quickly discovered and corrected; however, it seems like we missed your account.
Sorry about that. We'll get you taken care of right away and make sure to check for other customers similarly affected.

I'd also like to take a closer look at the support thread as it seems like your problem wasn't correctly diagnosed causing you to not get the level of support we normally offer.

Please accept my apologies, once I receive you're username I will make sure everything is taken care of ASAP.

Thanks,
The Binverse Team
binverse
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:54 am

Next

Return to NewsGroups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com