Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

beta test of binary newsgroup to forum frontend

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

beta test of binary newsgroup to forum frontend

Postby sabremyth » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:12 am

hi,
Long time no see slycks :toast:
as usual my up to no good self is trying something new.
Free for use as always.
However this time registration is needed for the forum to slow down spammers.

Please check out the forum at http://images.gonzb.com/newsbb/

the sync is not yet ready and I am fixing some issues. However I hop to have it done within the next few hours.

feedback is appreciated as always.

Will try to add more newsgoups once its all up. I will be taking requests as per normal. :popcorn:

cheers
Free newsgroups access
anon, lossless, free, euro uncensored image hosting is here. gif avatars too can be hotlinked.
sabremyth

Re: beta test of binary newsgroup to forum frontend

Postby sabremyth » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:32 am

ok the Newsgroup sync is ready!!!

The newsgroup forum on http://images.gonzb.com/newsbb/ is synced. Attachments and posts will be synced to newsgroup. We will add other newsgroups, including binaries, by request.

Thanks for joining.
Free newsgroups access
anon, lossless, free, euro uncensored image hosting is here. gif avatars too can be hotlinked.
sabremyth

Postby Wrinkles » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 pm

Is there a limit to how many things you can put in your cart to download as a zip? When I selected download as zip file in the cart section with 1 or a few items in it it worked fine. When I had several hundred, it croaked....Asking me if i wanted to download a PHP script called main.php. It be nice to be able to download right from the search results page instead of having to click each item and go to the respective page. This would make it so those with download managers could queue up downloads right from the results page.
Wrinkles

Postby sabremyth » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:55 am

@Wrinkles.

Yeah I know about that problem. But the site wasnt designed for leeching. It runs on low resources. I would suggest you download at a time no more than 10 items. You can try higher numbers. It depends on the size. This is simply because when there is high usage the zipping process uses up too much resources and as such it times out (thats why you get main.php file to download). Because its all or nothing.

Try to use it at low traffic hours and select fewer files at one go.
Free newsgroups access
sabremyth

Postby sabremyth » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:26 pm

oh yeah and for your second problem.

It be nice to be able to download right from the search results page instead of having to click each item and go to the respective page. This would make it so those with download managers could queue up downloads right from the results page.

The solution is there. Its called USENET. See the banners all over the site. Not everything is free mate. :pirate:
Free newsgroups access
sabremyth

Postby Wrinkles » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:14 pm

No problem sir! Although, I saw the option to "Add Entire Album To Cart" so figured it would work. I do have a usenet account, the bigger issue was that I could not figure out what groups the material was from. I tried searching via file name with Newsbin and Supersearch and nothing came up. Instead of downloading the stuff directly from your server, is there an option to at least see what group I need to go to, to download it? NZB creator for whats in cart? It is a pretty interesting site you have!
Wrinkles

Postby sabremyth » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:23 am

@wrinkles. Thanks for understanding mate.

I wrote a robot that simply searches through about 45+ popular groups for images using keywords, download the pictures matches criteria like file size and minimum width and height. Some settings worked, others wreaked havoc. Through trial and error I got around to using it this way. I dont know what gets downloaded or where it comes from anymore. Unless the robot throws up error messages in my inbox.

I did try to retain message-ids in database but it slowed the bot down and was not serving any purpose. you are the first person to actually ask for it. To make it easier to find the entire content i retained the EXACT subject for file name used.

Some of this stuff is from 2007. it may already be out of usenet server. You can post a request on binaries pictures related topic (look at the gallery names , it will give you an idea. someone will repost.

To search i recommend the binverse client. it has built in picture slide show. End of the day the best search engine is http://binsearch.info. Just key in the name of the stuff, few keywords and you'll know which newsgroup and a whole lotta easier. GoNZB had to shut down its search engine ,it has an add to cart feature which was ajax , no page flipping needed, and you could download everything at one go in a nice little nzb. Unfortunately the cost of running the bloody search server was too high after i quit my job. :P
Free newsgroups access
sabremyth

Postby sabremyth » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:24 am

OK here is what I have added to the fourms. Requests

Now what we can do is simply take requests and post NZBs directly for huge collections. Go On post requests.
Free newsgroups access
sabremyth

Postby sabremyth » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Updated the Feature list for Images.gonzb.com. You can find it here.
Great for hosting/hotlinking related images when u post NZB on any forum.
Free newsgroups access
sabremyth

Return to NewsGroups