Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby chell » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:14 am

Hey guys,

I've been looking for Usenet providers (currently with Newshosting) and came across BinTube:

http://www.bintube.com/usenet/?cc=launch

The specs of their plan look pretty good but are they really good? Do they keep their promises? Do they log what you download?

Thanks!
chell
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:14 am

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby csn21 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:38 pm

They resell Astraweb's usenet service, so its good and probably nothing is logged. :)
csn21
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby bmh67wa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:31 am

I would find out directly from them as csn21 said "probably" so was making an assumption. I see nothing on their very limited F.A.Q. page and didn't bother to dig much deeper. It would appear that you would have to email them to get a proper answer to your logging question.

I went to their blog as well and read their announcement about their new Usenet access. Where does it say that they use Astraweb? I couldn't find that info myself. Please post a link to it if you would.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

zbeast wrote:80's porn is so strange big hair and lazy humping.
User avatar
bmh67wa
 
Posts: 3428
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:32 pm
Location: sanctuary.darkservers.net:3456,4568 or 8888

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby csn21 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:04 am

bmh67wa wrote:I went to their blog as well and read their announcement about their new Usenet access. Where does it say that they use Astraweb? I couldn't find that info myself. Please post a link to it if you would.


Code: Select all
news.bintube.com [216.151.153.75]
unknown.sj.astraweb.com [216.151.153.75]


:)
csn21
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby bmh67wa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Once again, post a link. I'm guessing that you use their service and this info is given to you after the signup? I see nowhere a list of server info. Public info would be nice.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

zbeast wrote:80's porn is so strange big hair and lazy humping.
User avatar
bmh67wa
 
Posts: 3428
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:32 pm
Location: sanctuary.darkservers.net:3456,4568 or 8888

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby SleepyOne » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:59 pm

bmh67wa wrote:Once again, post a link. I'm guessing that you use their service and this info is given to you after the signup? I see nowhere a list of server info. Public info would be nice.


What you are asking for is virtually impossible. No usenet provider will publically state which service they are reselling.

The fact that the IP's, price and other conditions all match really makes this a non-issue.
SleepyOne
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 pm

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby bmh67wa » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:48 am

SleepyOne wrote:
bmh67wa wrote:Once again, post a link. I'm guessing that you use their service and this info is given to you after the signup? I see nowhere a list of server info. Public info would be nice.


What you are asking for is virtually impossible. No usenet provider will publically state which service they are reselling.

The fact that the IP's, price and other conditions all match really makes this a non-issue.



So you are telling me that they couldn't have made some sort of deal with another provider? I still see no proof. There are many other providers, not mainstream, that could have cut them some sort of deal.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

zbeast wrote:80's porn is so strange big hair and lazy humping.
User avatar
bmh67wa
 
Posts: 3428
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:32 pm
Location: sanctuary.darkservers.net:3456,4568 or 8888

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby SleepyOne » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:42 am

So you are telling me that they couldn't have made some sort of deal with another provider? I still see no proof. There are many other providers, not mainstream, that could have cut them some sort of deal.


If they made "some sort of deal" with another provider, why would their news-server address point to Astrawebs serverfarm?
SleepyOne
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 pm

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby BinTube » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:02 am

chell wrote:Hey guys,

I've been looking for Usenet providers (currently with Newshosting) and came across BinTube:

http://www.bintube.com/usenet/?cc=launch

The specs of their plan look pretty good but are they really good? Do they keep their promises? Do they log what you download?

Thanks!


Hi chell,

- Yes, we (BinTube) are really good.
- Yes, we keep our promises and we will refund your signup fee if any part of our service is not as advertised.
- No, we do not log Usenet related activity and we have updated our Usenet terms to reflect that.

Cheers,
The BinTube Team
http://www.bintube.com
BinTube
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:58 am

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby gilmey » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:47 pm

i joined their service -i get good speed and retention but for some reason when i used their software-(which is why i joined them to try it out ) =-all the files i download are damaged -when i download them with news leecher for example then the files are ok i wonder what is causing this
gilmey
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:10 am

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby BinTube » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:06 am

gilmey wrote:i joined their service -i get good speed and retention but for some reason when i used their software-(which is why i joined them to try it out ) =-all the files i download are damaged -when i download them with news leecher for example then the files are ok i wonder what is causing this


gilmey has contacted our support team and we were unable to reproduce the problem he reported. We offered him a full refund if he choses to cancel service.
BinTube
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:58 am

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby Tux » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:45 am

BinTube wrote:
gilmey wrote:i joined their service -i get good speed and retention but for some reason when i used their software-(which is why i joined them to try it out ) =-all the files i download are damaged -when i download them with news leecher for example then the files are ok i wonder what is causing this


gilmey has contacted our support team and we were unable to reproduce the problem he reported. We offered him a full refund if he choses to cancel service.


See that's good service
Tux
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby gilmey » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm

yeah i can confirm i got a refund -it was a pity that i couldnt get the software working good for me
gilmey
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:10 am

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby semela » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Is it possible to set downlaod folder when you choose to get nzb file with a bintube? It just starts automatically downlaoding to the default download folder. Can it be changed like in Newsbin Pro and other newsreaders?
semela
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby djm101 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 am

We reviewed BinTube's connection and client recently and found it to be fairly decent. And yes, their support is good so far, we can only hope it stays that way as they gain more users.
UsenetShack - Usenet articles, honest provider reviews & more.
djm101
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:03 am

Re: BinTube's Usenet access - any good?

Postby BinTube » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:12 am

Semela,

You can use the new BinTube Feedback Forum to request features that you would like to see added to BinTube Usenet Reader. Our devs actively monitor the forum and will respond directly to your request.

Cheers,
The BinTube Team
www.bintube.com
BinTube
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:58 am


Return to NewsGroups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com