Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Newzbin - Worth Resubsribing? Any better alternatives?

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Newzbin - Worth Resubsribing? Any better alternatives?

Postby mkkid28 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:22 pm

I've used Newzbin for around 2 years (I usually re-new during the Christmas/New Year Sale) but I like how easier it is to find the legit files compared to sites like binsearch and newzleech which shows alot of fake small files. I only decided not to re-new because I thought Newzbin's NZBs reporting were starting to be a bit crap (missing some files that I had to search on Newzleech for).

So my main question, Is there anything similar to Newzbin that is better? Or is Newzbin still the best NZB reporting site?

Cheers
mkkid28

Re: Newzbin - Worth Resubsribing? Any better alternatives?

Postby Benzima » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:33 pm

I like NZBMatrix. It's the only indexing site I even have bookmarked these days. They suit my needs completely. I actually donated $10 to be a VIP and I'm the type that almost never 'pays to play'.

NZBMatrix (indexing service), SABnzbd (Newsgroup reader), Firefox (Browser), Ngroups (Usenet Newsgroup Provider) and Fios (fiber optic ISP) are all I need to have almost everything I want, just a few mouse clicks away.
Benzima

Postby mkkid28 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 am

I'll check out NZBMatrix then, cheers

Edit. Yeah, NZBMatrix is pretty good. I think I may donate to become a VIP. Thanks again

Edit 2. NZBMatrix is way better then Newzbin. Much quicker new reports.
mkkid28

Postby BiG » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:15 pm

I prefer Matrix and NZBsRus myself.
BiG

Postby mchinsky » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:23 am

Anybody notice Newzbin has recently become almost worthless? All the pages talk about MPAA warning and you can't download the NZB's without going to 'raw mode' which you makes newzbin pretty useless.

Surprised there is no article on Slyck about this relatively big news. Most of us have lived with bittorrent sites like piratebay going down as we know usenet is better but as that is under attack, the alternatives are looking mighty slim.
mchinsky

Postby Fartingbob » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:31 am

mchinsky wrote:Anybody notice Newzbin has recently become almost worthless? All the pages talk about MPAA warning and you can't download the NZB's without going to 'raw mode' which you makes newzbin pretty useless.

I use newzbin and can download NZB's just like normal, and apart from the occasional news post there is no mentioning of MPAA warnings. Maybe those connecting from a US IP address see a different version of the site? Its based in the UK, so i dont see what the MPAA would be doing threatening the site anyway.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby demderdudes » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:25 pm

mchinsky wrote:Anybody notice Newzbin has recently become almost worthless? All the pages talk about MPAA warning and you can't download the NZB's without going to 'raw mode' which you makes newzbin pretty useless.

Surprised there is no article on Slyck about this relatively big news. Most of us have lived with bittorrent sites like piratebay going down as we know usenet is better but as that is under attack, the alternatives are looking mighty slim.

Still use Newzbin as usual here in the US. No problems with NZB files or warnings. Are you registered? Paid up? Sounds like you do not have access.
demderdudes

Postby Fartingbob » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Oh and answering the original question, IMO it depends what you find you use indexing sites more for.

If you know what you want already then i would say stick with one of the free services. If you just want to browse newzbin is IMO not only the best NZB indexer, but the best P2P indexing site.

For example, i have some saved searches that look for content encoded in specific codecs, of a certain size range, in the appropriate newsgroups in English only. 1 click of the mouse and i can see every 1DVD or 2DVD english blu-ray rip posted. I dont have to guess from the filenames if its the one i want, because the editors check first (and correct any mistakes very quickly). That to me is easily worth the 25p per week.

But as i said, it depends on how you use indexing sites.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby sofla100 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:05 pm

I have noticed some idiosyncratic behavior with Newzbin, from time to time, but still consider it probably the best of the indexing sites. If you use one of the free NZB search engines like Newzleech, then you can get just the partial file names (sometimes that's all their is) and load them into Newzbin for the entire .rar file. That can be very nice. Also, you can speed things up by not having to often download par's if you don't need them. Why it's erratic a bit is beyond me. The other thing, if you use a lot of parameters on Newzbin, like only display above 100 mb or something, it will cut off way more then it should. Try running it with few or no parameters and surprisingly it pops up even a lot more larger files then otherwise. Might be a bug, I don't know.
sofla100

Return to NewsGroups