Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Anyone want to start a nzb site with me?

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: Anyone want to start a nzb site with me?

Postby napho » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:23 pm

I think having links to many nzb search engines, similar to this site with multiple IRC search engines might be an attraction.

http://www.mircsearch.co.uk/
napho

Postby fernandose » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:15 pm

ntscuser wrote:
Paladwyn wrote:Why would a guy who basically said that he wouldn't ever use newsgroups...be interested in helping out a site that it's sole purpose is for newsgroups? :)
Also, why would someone offer their services to an all-new startup when there are existing, established NZB sites which could probably make better use of the exact same help?

Well theres no harm in competition, can only make things better for the user? Every website, community, service etc.. has a beginning, sometimes you have to take the risk to make it big.
fernandose

Postby fernandose » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:32 am

Hi everyone,
After getting some legal advice from a friend, I think I will wait the nzb project until Newzbin case is decided by a judge. Ive heard that Newzbin isn't being sued for hosting NZBs, but more to do with human involvement of creating reports that tailor towards encouraging downloading of pirated material. An automatic service i.e a search engine which has no editors, would be fine as they are not tailoring the data to encourage copyright infringement. It's quite annoying as i spent so much time on this project and enjoyed making it. But you can see what I've done so far and what it will look like if it goes live: www.fresherme.com
fernandose

Postby Paladwyn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:13 am

Yeah, that's the bad thing... once you start actively putting up links to pirated material, they have a case against you. If you did have an automated process that just lists everything - then you would be in the clear, but the second you have to manually enter the info, they will demand you not enter any pirated material, and if you did - then it's your fault.
Don't roll your chair backwards, you might run over my foot.
Paladwyn

Previous

Return to NewsGroups