Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

UseNetNow.Net - New usenet provider - $12 a month- Unlimite

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

UseNetNow.Net - New usenet provider - $12 a month- Unlimite

Postby malcontent » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:12 pm

http://www.usenetnow.net

UseNetNow.Net just open up. It's run by the same people at blocknews.net. Retention is averaging 175 days and counting!

Free SSL with 20 connections. Servers in Europe. Their running a limited time offer of $12 a month for unlimited service for the life of the account. They accept Paypal. You will be able to access ALL newsgroups if you pay via Paypal. Even adult groups. Some how they got around this limitation with Paypal. They also accept payment via post. You can mail your payments to them if you don't have credit cards. Block accounts are going to be offered in the near future.
-----------------------------------

UseNetNow Launch Special!

As We Celebrate Our Launch, We Are Excited To Offer All New Customers

An Incredible Deal!

$12.00!!

With Your Subscription You Will Receive:

-SSL Capabilities!

- Retention Approaching 200 Days In Many Groups!

- Posting!

- Safe, Secure, Anonymous Access!

Join Us Now And See What You Have Been Missing In A Usenet Provider!

Sign Up Now To Lock In Your $12.00 Per Month Subscription Today! This Offer Will NOT Be Around For Long!
Last edited by malcontent on Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malcontent

Re: UseNetNow.Net - New usenet provider - $12 a month- Unlimite

Postby BlockNews » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:33 pm

Thanks for the introduction! :) I just want to clarify one thing and that is there is no US server available with this new service at this time, perhaps in the future though. Users have still seen good speeds across the world though.
http://BlockNews.Net - Quality Usenet Block & Unlimited Monthly Accounts
BlockNews

Postby malcontent » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:35 pm

BlockNews wrote:Thanks for the introduction! :) I just want to clarify one thing and that is there is no US server available with this new service at this time, perhaps in the future though. Users have still seen good speeds across the world though.

I edited to correct my mistake. Thanks catching my error.
malcontent

Postby csn21 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Since it doesn't say on the site clearly and most people will miss it:

accounts are set at a maximum of 40 MBits per second per account.

Though to be honest I wouldn't sign up anyway, the site is poorly designed and it's most probably another highwinds reseller, the retention is very similar. Not to mention usenetnow.net is just blocknews.net under a different name. Why they would need 2 sites I have no idea.
csn21

Postby kalone » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:52 pm

Got to admit Highwinds is a very poor excuse for a usenet provider, Newshosting and UNS included. I had a 3 month account with Blocknews this summer and it is highwinds but they do a much better job I had no problems with Blocknews, except like all highwinds they just cannot get SSL right. Their response time was prompt and helpful, when I asked to cancel, I received a nice note and within minutes 2CO.com their credit card processor sent me a notice of cancelation. No fuss and no more charges. Wish I could speak as well of some of the many providers I have used in the past. Usenetnow is not a highwinds reseller, it is Xentech from The Netherlands, same provider as Xennews and I believe Hitnews, both are good. For now I will stay will Powerusenet or Astraweb, too cheap for Giganews!
kalone

Postby BlockNews » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:34 pm

csn21 wrote:...it's most probably another highwinds reseller, the retention is very similar. Not to mention usenetnow.net is just blocknews.net under a different name. Why they would need 2 sites I have no idea.

Hi, this service is not a Highwinds system at all. Completely different datacenter and equipment to say the least. Something we can call more our own and have a bit more control over. Retention is a fair bit higher than Highwinds also, but Highwinds is right behind with there current increases. Although we are understating retention a bit on Usenetnow..many groups are seeing around 190-200 days, With a different service and system, we felt there should be, well, a different website. :D
http://BlockNews.Net - Quality Usenet Block & Unlimited Monthly Accounts
BlockNews

Return to NewsGroups