Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Newzbin Issue?

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Newzbin Issue?

Postby brovash » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:29 pm

Newzbin produces some pretty good results for me. However, I've noticed that 90% of the search results that come up for movies are files that are 4,500 MB or so. I like downloading the usual 750 MB avi movies. Is there a better site for finding nzb of this format?
brovash

Re: Newzbin Issue?

Postby SleepyOne » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:19 pm

There really is no better than Newzbin.
If you don't ilke the 4500 MB hits, why not just set a max size of say 2000 MB in your search?
SleepyOne

Postby HEAT84 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:53 pm

Use http://www.Binsearch.info . It searches an index of a news server instead what users have posted. And its operated by Newzbin.
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Postby SleepyOne » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Or.. just use the Usenet (Cond) mode on Newzbin which is essentially the same as Binsearch, only with more info and options :)
SleepyOne

Postby chainmail » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:21 pm

groups like alt.binaries.movies.divx still have plenty of 700MB files.

HEAT84 wrote:Use http://www.Binsearch.info -- operated by Newzbin.

Are you sure of this? I did not think they were the same company, and it seemed that Binsearch started its header-indexing service months before Newzbin added a search engine to the site.

Though I admit it seemed quite a coincidence that both companies were located in England.
chainmail

Postby K » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:06 pm

Newzbin and binsearch aren't one company. I don't know where you heard this. They're in competition with each other.

As for them both being in UK. There were indexes/nzb sites in both UK and USA but the USA ones got shut down, leaving the UK ones to thrive. There are big NZB sites in the rest of Europe but alot of them are non-english and/or private forums (ftn,ftd...).
K

Postby Fartingbob » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:12 pm

I have a few searches set up which are good for 1 or 2CD rips or 720p or DVD's. Same with TV eps. For browsing, especially once you set these sort of criteria up newsbin is one of the most useful sites in my bookmarks tab.
The reason your seeing more 1DVD or 2DVD size movies on there are because apart from private BT trackers, no other medium of P2P is that useful for very large files (anyone fancy downloading a 1080p movie at 40Kbps?).
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby HEAT84 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:20 pm

K wrote:Newzbin and binsearch aren't one company. I don't know where you heard this. They're in competition with each other.

As for them both being in UK. There were indexes/nzb sites in both UK and USA but the USA ones got shut down, leaving the UK ones to thrive. There are big NZB sites in the rest of Europe but alot of them are non-english and/or private forums (ftn,ftd...).

I heard it around here. I don't know for sure myself. I guess I should've mentioned that.
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Return to NewsGroups