Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Newsgroups and the NWO

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Newsgroups and the NWO

Postby chainmail » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:46 pm

I found this interesting opinion that pulls no punches:

The try for another notch on the Illuminati belt - The attempted suppression of Usenet

Yeah, I know, some of it occasionally borders on tinfoilhat paranoia, but still makes some valid points regarding the growing trend of ISPs to distance themselves from Usenet. I would agree with the point that Usenet, being harder to control than www websites, presents an obstacle for the establishment, considering that the standard strategy of dictatorial rulers is to destroy whatever they cannot control.

Before the internet, it was shortwave radio that occupied this position (at least in the United States), being outside the control of the FCC's strict rules censoring conduct and content of all mainstream-frequency radio/TV broadcasting.
chainmail

Re: Newsgroups and the NWO

Postby MrFredPFL » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:10 pm

where these people lose me is their insistence on using the same techniques as those they condemn. the heavy use of negative connotation buzzwords is a good way to make me doubt the validity of what the writer wants to say. the liberal (lol) use of terms like illuminati, new world order, masons, et al, to me, is an attempt to focus attention away from the issue at hand, whatever it may happen to be, and focus it instead on THE BOOGEYMAN.

forget about what THEY want. i don't care, one way or another, about that. tell me instead why a specific issue is something i should be concerned about, regardless of THEIR agenda. if suppression of newsgroups is wrong, and i happen to feel it is, then isn't that enough to stand on its own, for its own reasons?

the one thing i found most surprising about this article was not one single occurence of "neocon" :shock: :lol:
MrFredPFL

Re: Newsgroups and the NWO

Postby napho » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:13 pm

Unfortunately much of this hostility towards Usenet can be traced to that poorly conceived and ill-fated "We're the one" campaign by Giganews. What were they thinking? :oops:

napho

Return to NewsGroups