Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

NzbNation.com Launched!

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

NzbNation.com Launched!

Postby inVINCEable » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Hello All, this is the system admin of NzbNation.com, the newest addition to Nzb file download sources available today. Our site has been in development for over 6 months, and we are finally done! If you have any suggestions feel free to email us, as we wish to make NzbNation.com the number one source for Nzb files.

Sincerely,
NzbNation.com Admin
http://nzbnation.com - FREE nzb index
inVINCEable

Re: NzbNation.com Launched!

Postby Fartingbob » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:13 pm

Got a good layout there. How are you adding nzb's onto your system? Through an entirely automatic approach, moderators doing the legwork or an entirely user submitted list?

Also, it may be advisable to offer free reg for a while until the site grows. Once you've gotten a good track record and userbase you can impliment a payment system, otherwise its going to grow very slowly unless you've got some unique feature that people consider worth paying for, which i cant really see anywhere.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby ejonesss » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:22 pm

@ inVINCEable

just make sure that you are able to handle and chuck off the dmca and c&d notices as spam and be ready to move to another host if the host gets a complaint.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby mainroy » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Waste of time. NZBsRus, Merlin NZB, better,dont cost anything, no premium crap.
Speaking as a member of the silent majority(bugger Ive just been kicked out!!!)
mainroy

Postby inVINCEable » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:57 pm

Fartingbob wrote:Got a good layout there. How are you adding nzb's onto your system? Through an entirely automatic approach, moderators doing the legwork or an entirely user submitted list?

Also, it may be advisable to offer free reg for a while until the site grows. Once you've gotten a good track record and userbase you can impliment a payment system, otherwise its going to grow very slowly unless you've got some unique feature that people consider worth paying for, which i cant really see anywhere.

Fartingbob:

Right now we have a few moderators that are going to be doing the main work. We also allow users to upload nzb's.

And the registration is free! There are a few features that are reserved for premium members (longer retention, individual file downloads, no ads). But anyone can sign up and start downloading!
Last edited by inVINCEable on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inVINCEable

Postby inVINCEable » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:57 pm

ejonesss wrote:@ inVINCEable

just make sure that you are able to handle and chuck off the dmca and c&d notices as spam and be ready to move to another host if the host gets a complaint.

Absolutely.
inVINCEable

Postby altpdend » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:12 pm

on your homepage why does the welcome message say welcome to newzbin.com? something doesn't seem right about that site I would stay clear of it
altpdend

Postby HouseCrowd » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:30 pm

altpdend wrote:on your homepage why does the welcome message say welcome to newzbin.com? something doesn't seem right about that site I would stay clear of it

So it does! :o

Very odd :?
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby K » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:42 pm

altpdend wrote:on your homepage why does the welcome message say welcome to newzbin.com? something doesn't seem right about that site I would stay clear of it

Damn, if you're going to do a third rate rip off of a site at least don't forget to change the names around. :lol:
K

Postby inVINCEable » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:34 pm

I apologize for any misunderstanding this has caused. The changes will be rectified immediately. I do not know why that was there. But, I am proud to say we have forty new members today! Nice to see the usenet community is up running live and well!
inVINCEable

Postby x2c667 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:31 am

nice layout and design.. nice usability

needs a few moer features though then i will consider the premium service
x2c667

Postby inVINCEable » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:25 am

x2c667 wrote:nice layout and design.. nice usability

needs a few moer features though then i will consider the premium service

Thanks! And yep that is what we are working on. We wish some of our users would post in the site suggestion part of the forum ;)
inVINCEable

Postby Caesium » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:50 am

altpdend wrote:on your homepage why does the welcome message say welcome to newzbin.com?

:D
Caesium

Postby inVINCEable » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:02 pm

Caesium wrote:
altpdend wrote:on your homepage why does the welcome message say welcome to newzbin.com?

We asked one of our dev's who wrote that introduction, and he still doesn't know why he wrote that!

So any suggestions on the site though, anything anybody would like to see?
inVINCEable

Postby x2c667 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:08 am

invinceable im glad to see you guys are updating, especially with things like the new forums. what about something like a private messaging system as a way to communicate with other users? i know u guys have the forums but what about somethign where we can communicate one on one?
x2c667

Postby inVINCEable » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:03 pm

x2c667 wrote:invinceable im glad to see you guys are updating, especially with things like the new forums. what about something like a private messaging system as a way to communicate with other users? i know u guys have the forums but what about somethign where we can communicate one on one?

Absolutely! If you go ahead and check the suggestions section of our forums you will see that is our next feature we plan on rolling out here in the next few days or so :D
inVINCEable

Postby chainmail » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:36 am

I've noticed that it seems binary newsgroup search engines (Binsearch, NZBindex, etc) almost never require users to log in to access the site.

However, NZB index sites that list hand-picked content almost always require logging in to view files - in contrast with eDonkey index sites (of hand-picked content), which I'd estimate only about 50% require membership to view files.

I've wondered why this is.

The paid "VIP" access is another common "feature" on NZB index sites which has been rare on eDonkey index sites - I've only known of one ed2k site that ever did that.
chainmail

Postby inVINCEable » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:26 pm

x2c667 wrote:invinceable im glad to see you guys are updating, especially with things like the new forums. what about something like a private messaging system as a way to communicate with other users? i know u guys have the forums but what about somethign where we can communicate one on one?

Wish granted! check it out the new PM system was just finished up about an hour ago.
inVINCEable

Postby inVINCEable » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:02 pm

Just thought I would let everyone know last night we launched saved searches and email notifications if you so choose for these saved searches. Our next feature will be multiple NZB downloads without having to bookmark them and choose to download them in a RAR file or in a single NZB file.
inVINCEable

Postby inVINCEable » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:37 pm

New features added:

-Ability to download files in a single nzb, single nzb zipped, or multiple nzbs zipped
-Email notifications
-New indexing of PAR, NZB, and NFO files

We are really excited about our new indexing of PAR files. We think this will really help our users find the PAR/repair files that they need.

invinceable
inVINCEable

Postby inVINCEable » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:32 pm

Just to the members of NzbNation Here We Have Add Several New Features:

-Indexing NZB files up to 240 days old now
-Ability to download individual file segments
-Now shows downlaod size when selecting NZB files

Next new update: A NZB request system for our users... coming soon...

Any suggestions ?
inVINCEable

Postby chainmail » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:19 pm

inVINCEable, would you care to address the subject of my previous post (five posts up, in case you did not see it)?
chainmail

Postby inVINCEable » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:06 am

chainmail wrote:I've noticed that it seems binary newsgroup search engines (Binsearch, NZBindex, etc) almost never require users to log in to access the site.

However, NZB index sites that list hand-picked content almost always require logging in to view files - in contrast with eDonkey index sites (of hand-picked content), which I'd estimate only about 50% require membership to view files.

I've wondered why this is.

The paid "VIP" access is another common "feature" on NZB index sites which has been rare on eDonkey index sites - I've only known of one ed2k site that ever did that.

chainmail:

I think this is a very interesting point that you bring up. My guess is the reason that hand-picked sites almost always require you to login because of the time it takes, and the admins want to know exactly who is using their site.

The VIP section exists because there are several extra features that are added. I am unfamiliar with ed2k sites as I have never used them, but I assume many more things can be done with an NZB file, such as having the ability to download certain parts, view who posted them to usenet, groups, etc.

I hope I answered your question.

invinceable
inVINCEable

Postby chainmail » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:18 pm

Thank you, invinceable

I sent you a PM.
chainmail

Return to NewsGroups