Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Free Newsgroup Servers - Detailed Listing!

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Free Newsgroup Servers - Detailed Listing!

Postby contentryder » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:17 pm

I am trying to look for more free usenet servers since some of the ones I have aren't working anymore. I have a 12mb Cox connection for 30 bucks and seeing it rise to 1.7mb/s

(Just let it sit. They will activate.)

Anyone care to list some?

These are the ones that I have:
server address - connections - user/pw

Cox-
Retention now at 30-60 days! 99% completion! 60kb/s x8
news.east.cox.net - 4 - no user/pw
news.west.cox.net - 4 - no user/pw

Freenet- German signup at https://pos.freenet.de/freenetMailBasic/
Retention is only 3 days! Average 30kb/s x16
news.freenet.de - 2 - user/pw used from signing up
newsread0.freenet.de - 2 - user/pw from signing up
newsread1.freenet.de - 2 - user/pw from signing up
newsread2.freenet.de - 2 - user/pw from signing up
newsread3.freenet.de - 2 - user/pw from signing up
newsread4.freenet.de - 2 - user/pw from signing up
newsread5.freenet.de - 2 - user/pw from signing up
newsread6.freenet.de - 2 - user/pw from signing up

varies from 30kb/s to maxing out
freebin.readnews.com - 8 - any user/pw (guest/guest)
freebin-auth.readnews.com - 8 - any user/pw (guest/guest)

news.easynews.nl - 8 - beta@easynews.nl/beta

YottaNews - http://www.yottanews.com/create.html
free.yottanews.com - 1 - signup for user/pw

slow
biggulp.readfreenews.net - 1 - no user/pw

Please list yours by server address, connections, username/password. If you don't want to share with others, PM me?

Thanks!
Last edited by contentryder on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
contentryder

Postby contentryder » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:12 pm

bump...nobody??
contentryder

Postby napho » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:34 pm

contentryder wrote:bump...nobody??

People who know of free ones don't want to spread the word. Too many people using them will lead to the servers going down. Don't you realize that? :)
napho

Postby fut » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:07 pm

Some of these are long dead, and for others you have listed incorrect connection counts. Are you one of those who has his client blindly attempting to connect to free servers that have been dead for months, or continuously trying to get more connections than are allowed? If you want to do this you should be using a client that gives you detailed connection response information; if you don't it's asking for trouble.
fut

Postby contentryder » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:45 pm

i just let it sit there...some i think are dead they work at days...but theres no problem with dead ones if i leave it...the connection counts are correct...they all work for me...

using newsleecher btw
contentryder

Postby fut » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:12 pm

I see this as a fishing expedition on your part. You offer a lot of out-of-date information hoping that people will give you more servers. How did this get to be a sticky?
fut

Re: Free Newsgroup Servers - Detailed Listing!

Postby silesiaster » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:58 am

Hi

I'm curious is there any working free(test) binary server? Freebin, biggulp, teranews - not working:/

greetings
silesiaster

Postby ejonesss » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:56 am

if you are going to give us a list of free servers please research and test them maybe even from different computers to insure there is no trick connections.

trick connections are where it may only work from your own computer because of a cookie stored or something.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby jimminy_kriket » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:01 am

Wow im quite impressed with freebin.readnews. I maxed out my connection on them and downloaded (didnt complete, just wanted to test) a 30 day old file. I didnt know this was possible with a free server :O.
jimminy_kriket

Postby paniq » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:03 am

jimminy_kriket wrote:Wow im quite impressed with freebin.readnews. I maxed out my connection on them and downloaded (didnt complete, just wanted to test) a 30 day old file. I didnt know this was possible with a free server :O.

There are some which give premium servers a run for their money :shock: . One test one I was using last month allowed me to complete 104 day old files (I could get upto about 114 but there was incompletes) and max out an 8Mb connection with just 4 simul connections, but its stopped working now :(

I've used freebin and got files upto around 60 days old, though it varies from group to group

To the OP that list looks similar to one posted in a thread in the free.newsservers newsgroup. Its not hard finding the widely known servers that everyone hammers, the challenge is the ones not mentioned on most forums etc and need a bit more effort
paniq

Postby napho » Mon May 05, 2008 6:05 pm

Looks like freenet.de isn't working anymore. I've heard they're going to drop their Usenet support. Now everyone will pile into freebin, and that'll have to be slowed down to their previous slow speed. Threads like this are pure evil. :lol: :pirate: :nopity:
napho

Postby ejonesss » Mon May 05, 2008 6:23 pm

are these really free or are they free trials or no processing fee to sign up.

processing fee some sites charge to do the paper work just to give you an account.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby sabremyth » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:26 am

If you are looking for uncensored text + binary groups you can try http://grepler.com which is web based and completely free.
UUEncoded binaries are supported but yEnc is not. So you can still access pictures and some other files. You can post small files (10MB) too though multipart rar files is not possible.

Good for simple sharing and discussion boards replacement without moderation hassle. a bit buggy maybe since you cant open multiple groups and post at the same time. It chooses only the group you were recently at and clicking Post Topic. Files are posted in UUencoded format.

The interface could be improved, it has been under heavy development for over one year. suggestions ?

thank you :toast:
Free newsgroups access
anon, lossless, free, euro uncensored image hosting is here. gif avatars too can be hotlinked.
sabremyth

Return to NewsGroups