Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Another scam by Usenext

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby takevin » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:56 am

ah yea i can there, i made fun of him in my reply :roll: :lol:
takevin

Postby TorrentMama » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:59 am

takevin wrote:ah yea i can there, i made fun of him in my reply :roll: :lol:

Not you.. :roll:
I mean the shill did not want to bother communicating w/all the members here, that's why he pm'd you... I was not talking about you. Next time I'll make sure my pronoun useage is clear. :lol:
I'll still hope he makes it to this thread though, it's great entertainment.
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Postby hemi426 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:38 pm

takevin wrote:ah yea i can there, i made fun of him in my reply :roll: :lol:

Please share it with us. We could all use a good laugh :D
hemi426

Postby zim » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:56 pm

yes do.

just keep it up here too.

USENEXT IS A SCAM! THEY SHOULD BE TOSSED IN JAIL FOR THEFT.

or at least taken out back and beaten half to death.
zim

How to deal with Usenext

Postby insider » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:59 pm

Morning everybody...

It´s fucking early over here and I have to kill some time, so I thought why not busting someone balls...

Besides Germany probably the rest of the world is still relatively new to the usenext business model (I know it has been out there for a while, but believe me ... Germany was hit the worst!). I happen to have some insight in how these kind of companies work.

Usenext actually is only partly a scam. As a matter of fact, the product is worth something. Coding the client and paying for the usenet traffic bills cost not a low amount of money. I think it is important to make that clear, because as a business owner i (and many other business owners too) have to fight with customers who are the opinion that they don´t have to pay anything, just because they were not 100% satisfied with the product they bought.

BUT... of course Usenext is a questionable product, no doubt. In germany there are already 6-8 similar providers similar to usenext online. usenext is probably one of the not that totally aweful services. of course they want to earn money, but i think over 70% of the problems are due to incompetence, not because of evil intentions. support staff is expensive and to a german company it makes no real sense to have quality support for other countries but germany (us sites have usually crappy international support too in example).

now to the good part... what many regular customers don´t realize is that internet companies have an extreme disadvantage towards they customers when using credit cards. with most credit cards, people can always go to their issueing bank or cc company an tell them that they want to charge back the money. usually for the consumer that´s not a lot of trouble, but for a company like usenext it is almost life threatening if too many customers do that!

Actually I´m just making myself many enemies in the business world... If companies want to sell something online, they often use cc to charge their customers. in order to being able to charge a customer, they need a cc processor. these processors need to be approved by the big cc companies like visa and mastercard, following strict regulations.

In general a chargebackrate above 1% is very troubeling for a company, because a chargeback can cost them as much as $100 and could even lead to suspention (killing all revenue).

So if you really have some trouble with a company... don´t borther sending 10+ emails. one is enough, after that... go to your bank and order a chargeback.

so to all the hater´s out there... happy back charging
insider

prices at usenext

Postby norty » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:57 am

I am sure to get all kinds of yelling at for this but what heck. Okay you stated above that you felt duped by UseNext's price schedule.

$10.19 per month
term: 12 months
single payment

Where does it state that this will be a single month to month payment? Are you really that much of a simpleton? Did you not notice that it offers the single month option right next to it?

I have been using UseNext for 4 years. Why would i go back to torrents where i can only download at a max of 400 to 500 kbytes when i can dl from UseNext at over 7800kbytes. No i dont work for UseNext which i am sure will be disputed. I am stay at home disabled veteran. Not that that really matters but there you go. Not to mention a buddy of mine just got busted by his isp for downloading movies on BitComet. Too bad BitComet doesnt offer 100% anonymity.

Okay start ranting, this outta be good.
norty

Re: prices at usenext

Postby P2P_G » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:45 am

norty wrote:Too bad BitComet doesnt offer 100% anonymity.

No program offers 100% anonymity.
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby who_me » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:41 am

zim wrote:get on your knees and thank the people that download from newsgroups and then post it to p2p.

that statement just drooled out ur ass like a bad case of diarhea..... id guess 90% of scene shit comes off of the ftp boards :wink:
ADVERTISING SPACE
FOR SALE.
who_me

Postby NocturnalVagabond » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:51 am

norty wrote:I am sure to get all kinds of yelling at for this but what heck.

Okay start ranting, this outta be good.

No need for 'ranting' - the simple fact that it took over 3 weeks for this reply to dig up the old thread looks just as predicted.
And even signed up to Slyck on the same day, huh? Nah, not a shill ... :roll:

tm, wrote:The question remains - will this thread be getting a visit from Slider or a new 'one post wonder' to show up to defend this scamming company?
"I'd hate to be a teetotaler. Imagine getting up in the morning and knowing that's as good as you're going to feel all day"
- Dean Martin
NocturnalVagabond
Tin Foil Hat Salesperson

Postby hemi426 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:22 am

norty wrote:I have been using UseNext for 4 years.

That's quite an incredible feat, considering that UseneXT was only registered two years ago. That's on the record and you can look it up for yourself.

norty wrote: Did you not notice that it offers the single month option right next to it?

Usenext's single month plans were only started recently, in about April of this year.

But then if I can believe that if someone is claiming to be using a service two years before it even existed, then I guess I could probably also believe that the same person could have subscribed to a monthly service plan long before it even existed.

There's no need to even argue. Anyone who says "I have been using UseNext for 4 years" has lost all credibility right from the start.
hemi426

Postby SlyckScratch » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:38 am

hemi426 wrote:Anyone who says "I have been using UseNext for 4 years" has lost all credibility right from the start.

Anyone who says "I have been using UseNext" and ends the sentence right there has lost all......
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby norty » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:27 am

i apologize i exaggerated on the time ive been with usenext just seems like a long time
norty

Postby vazel » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:33 am

If it seems like a long time that means the experience wasn't pleasant because as we all know when you enjoy yourself time flies. :lol:
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein
vazel

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:46 am

ok, gonna do some thinking out loud here.

i personally dislike maxtor drives. zim, on the other hand, likes them a lot, and will happily defend them. the odd thing is, tho - i have never once seen zim say "i don't work for maxtor."

inevitably, the people who defend usenext say "i don't work for usenext."

Shakespeare wrote:Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
MrFredPFL

Postby zim » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:07 pm

no. i used to like maxtor. before they got bought by a company that makes junk.

they might improve the companys junk. but its more likely will drag maxtor down to the junk level by maximizing profits by minimizing quality.

As for usenext here. dont forget the one thing about people.

normal people will very very VERY rarely sign up to a forum JUST to defend a service they like. especially one run by a company and not some friend of theirs.

which norty did. posted nowhere else but here too.

they will often signup to spread the word about a bad service. but almost never do it to defend one they feel is good. since they think its good it should be obvious to others. "well i think its good, lmao@you if you dont"

I smell a shill. Not that it can be proven either way. but its VERY unusual for random strangers to signup just to tell us how great something is they are not personally connected to in some way..

would have helped had you posted in any other newsgroup threads at least. and not went directly here to a long dead thread.

nice try usenext. send a smarter shill if you want to have a chance of defending your scam. :lol:
zim

Postby Fartingbob » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:15 pm

They must have some dedicated shills, they seem to pop up on any site that discusses usenext. Maybe if they spent their time improving the service to bring it in line with other providers, or stopped taking peoples money and running, then they wouldnt need to get people to defend them all the time.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby zim » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:22 pm

yeah you think it would be cheaper than sponsoring ijits to hype your service...
zim

Postby Dormant707 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:40 pm

zim wrote:I smell a shill. Not that it can be proven either way. but its VERY unusual for random strangers to signup just to tell us how great something is they are not personally connected to in some way..

would have helped had you posted in any other newsgroup threads at least. and not went directly here to a long dead thread.

nice try usenext. send a smarter shill if you want to have a chance of defending your scam. :lol:

Hey Zim! Remember this shill?
Dormant707

Postby zim » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:14 pm

yep.

it's prolly him too... lol
zim

Postby nzbpowered » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:40 pm

I've never used usenext, because I'm one of the europeans that have a credit card. But there many kids out there and even young adults who either don't have credit card or do not like to pay with it.

It's annoying that none of the real good usenet provider (I'm speaking oh my favorite: giganews) do not have payment methods other than CC. Addiontally Giganews is a bit expensive for non-powerusers (of course the unlimited account rocks).

So it's easy for companies like usenext to get european users. But only because the big ones in US have no good marketing in the EU. Ok I admit, international payments without CC is not easy (and don't even think of paypal *grr* - paymentprocessor with high morals) and taxes in EU are way too high for processing money throw local firms. But for a big company there must be ways to accompish such a task (maybe a firm in switzerland where VAT is very low, maybe ). I hope they are working on this and soon we don't have to worry about some not so state-of-the-art usenet providers anymore :-)
nzbpowered

Postby jocartha7 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:36 am

To all

UseNext is a big scam just like Easywarez is somewhat other way. They are only interested in plundering you credit card and since it is some time later you get the info from the Bank the harm is done and the Bank will say that this is your owne fault. The FBY says both are Mafia. You have to complain to them then thy can do somthing about that.

Greting and be carefull anytime. ther are lots of deceiving criminals on the Internet.
jocartha7

Postby zim » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:43 am

in the us at least. using a credit card is the safest way to pay.

you have alot of rights if someone tries to scam you.

and even more.. scammers dont have credit card processors usually. they get dropped after too many chargebacks.
zim

Postby hemi426 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:12 am

zim wrote:in the us at least. using a credit card is the safest way to pay.

you have alot of rights if someone tries to scam you.

and even more.. scammers dont have credit card processors usually. they get dropped after too many chargebacks.

I question that wisdom. I personally know some people who were each scammed out of ten thousand dollars (using a supposedly "protected" credit card) - and the CC company would not reverse the charge because their signatures being on the bill. This happened a decade ago, and it was a common practice in the time-share industry: They throw a "party" (enticing people with free prizes) in which most of the guests are really shills working the scam. The shills help promote the sales pitch by playing the role of enthusiastic customers, as well as help get the people drunk. Once the salesmen get a person to sign the contract, it's all over.

Of course, every state has it's own laws regarding canceling contracts made under duress, perhaps 72 hours. However, because this took place in Mexico, even with immediately hiring an attorney upon returning to the USA, and submitting a certified-mail cancellation, the time-share company was well prepared for all this, (of course they'd been through it many times before) they knew how to exploit all the legal loopholes and had hired their own US-based law firm to fight it.

Personally, I would have simply refused to pay a scam charge that my credit card company won't reverse, but that's just me. I'd rather have a ruined credit report for life than reward a bunch of crooks.

Maybe the one saving grace is that over the internet, no one can prove the person's identity who authorized the charge - as no signature is required.
hemi426

Postby zim » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:46 am

hemi426 wrote:this took place in Mexico

thats why. cc doesnt have to pay since they were actually IN mexico vs. charging something in mexico while in the usa.
zim

Postby nzbpowered » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:49 am

Maybe the one saving grace is that over the internet, no one can prove the person's identity who authorized the charge - as no signature is required.

VISA has new ways of securing your identity. There is "Verified by Visa" and another method is a callback by phone.

And the case with contracts made under special circumstances, that's no creditcard problem. If you sign a contract you have to pay, no matter what. Only if you win in court, your released.

Anyway customers who do not pay their bill (but received their service) are just as evil as those scam companies. And all honest customers must pay extra for these people.
nzbpowered

PreviousNext

Return to NewsGroups