Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Best Usenet-provider

Discussion about the binary newsgroups and how to successfully participate in the file-exchange
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby sabremyth » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:24 pm

have u tried the repost newsgroups. They usually end with something like... a.b.xyz.repost/reposts/-repost etc. Sometimes with the same file is on many groups then it is removed. The same thing happened to me. I found out later on when I was browsing other relevent groups for the same file and it was there. its to stop spammers who pack files like "FUNNY MOVIES" into every other newsgroup. pretty annoying. Not to mention the so called "latest movies" that turn out to be low res trailers which are bloated for size. i use giganews and mostly find what i need in one of many related newsgroups.
sabremyth

Postby ntscuser » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:32 pm

sabremyth wrote:have u tried the repost newsgroups. They usually end with something like... a.b.xyz.repost/reposts/-repost etc. Sometimes with the same file is on many groups then it is removed. The same thing happened to me. I found out later on when I was browsing other relevent groups for the same file and it was there. its to stop spammers who pack files like "FUNNY MOVIES" into every other newsgroup. pretty annoying. Not to mention the so called "latest movies" that turn out to be low res trailers which are bloated for size. i use giganews and mostly find what i need in one of many related newsgroups.

I think it's a problem with Grabit? For example I was able to find Dune: Extended Version in a.b.dvdrcore by using Grabit Search but it is not displayed when I browse the group for existing posts. Then there is In Her Shoes (DTS version) which even Grabit Search is unable to locate even though it is supposed to have been posted recently.
ntscuser

Postby laffomatic » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:05 am

I dunno which one is the best, i just have tweaknews, it has 30 days of retention with no download cap, no logs and it hides your ip from usenet itself but it has a speed cap of 10 mbit. It costs 7 euro a month but I think its only available in holland.
laffomatic

Postby scottyskiles » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:20 am

Usenext is not a scam site. It might be expensive but their software is second to none. Trust me, ive used news hosting & usenext, and I put usenext over newshosting anyday for speed & higher retention it has auto par & nice search engine.

I cancelled it 3 times with success. I'm not like the other idiots. 8)
scottyskiles

Postby SlyckScratch » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:38 am

scottyskiles wrote:Usenext is not a scam site. It might be expensive but their software is second to none. Trust me, ive used news hosting & usenext, and I put usenext over newshosting anyday for speed & higher retention it has auto par & nice search engine.

scottyskiles wrote:Well i've been using usenext for 4 months. They're ok. The software sucks. It's great for search i'll give them that. But if your a lasy person then this is for you. I want to move away from usenext now and look for a cheaper solution. The retention is questionable. A hint,the best plan is 100gbs for 30Euro why? because it lasts longer and theres no contract! again that's if you wish to find our files with ease. But that's the best plan they can come up with. They send you a email once your month is up to reconnect, but I ignore it. They also charge you a $1.50 fee for using paypal. I've signed up with them twice, and never again. This service is best for germans. While I am an Aussie. G'day.

scottyskiles wrote:I cancelled it 3 times with success. I'm not like the other idiots. 8)

I see :roll:
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
SlyckScratch

Postby Dormant707 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:45 am

SlyckScratch wrote:
scottyskiles wrote:Usenext is not a scam site. It might be expensive but their software is second to none. Trust me, ive used news hosting & usenext, and I put usenext over newshosting anyday for speed & higher retention it has auto par & nice search engine.

scottyskiles wrote:Well i've been using usenext for 4 months. They're ok. The software sucks. It's great for search i'll give them that. But if your a lasy person then this is for you. I want to move away from usenext now and look for a cheaper solution. The retention is questionable. A hint,the best plan is 100gbs for 30Euro why? because it lasts longer and theres no contract! again that's if you wish to find our files with ease. But that's the best plan they can come up with. They send you a email once your month is up to reconnect, but I ignore it. They also charge you a $1.50 fee for using paypal. I've signed up with them twice, and never again. This service is best for germans. While I am an Aussie. G'day.

scottyskiles wrote:I cancelled it 3 times with success. I'm not like the other idiots. 8)

I see :roll:

B.U.S.T.E.D.!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dormant707

Postby nikt » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:42 am

http://www.firstload.de looks just like http://www.usenext.de

The same scammers another address :D
nikt

Postby laffomatic » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:49 am

So there are 3 scam usenet providers now ?

http://macloader.com/
http://usenext.de
http://firstload.de

Damn
laffomatic

Postby tm, » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:14 pm

Good work, Scratch!
I just love it when these guys are exposed. :wink:

@scottyskiles:

Feel free to explain yourself. ... Otherwise, your glaring self-contradiction just might give people here the impression that you're just another UseNeXT shill -- and a pathetically poor one at that! :P

I'll have to say this: If I was the manager in charge of a shill scam operation, I'd probably fire anyone who couldn't at least keep his story straight. :D
tm,

Postby Nuttyguy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:27 am

i wonder how much i would get paid by usenext to spam forums like this saying its a great service. Maybe ill contact them to find out, sounds like it might be easy money :)
Nuttyguy

Postby webe3 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:05 am

Giganews is the way for me! I tried the unlimited newshosting, but as has been stated there were problems with my service!

I paid $10.00 more a month and have switched to Giganews in an unlimited account...along with newzbin is a GREAT combination!

They now have 62 day retention on binaries and excellent completion rates!
webe3

Postby guta » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:43 pm

My voice go to http://www.newshosting.com/ !!!

unlimited option is all you need

chears
guta

Postby ntscuser » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:30 am

guta wrote:My voice go to http://www.newshosting.com/ !!!

unlimited option is all you need

chears

Unless you need retention of greater than 35 days in which case GigaNews is probably a better option.
ntscuser

Postby TcE » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:51 pm

UseNetServer: unlimited- $14.95/mo, unlimited dial-up conn- $5.95/mo

i use them ther pretty sweet
TcE

Postby vazel » Sat May 06, 2006 1:19 am

Ngroups.net is a good one. 59+ day retention and site says building up to 70+ day retention. Unlimited download. Price is $15. They cap you at 150-200GB and if you abuse posting they revoke your upload. Not a good choice for heavy Usenet users but great for moderate users.
Last edited by vazel on Sun May 14, 2006 6:30 am, edited 10 times in total.
vazel

Postby ditto » Sat May 06, 2006 3:34 am

Andy L wrote:I've been on GigaNews for the last four months now, and I would wholeheartedly recommend them.

I'm paying $12 a month for 10 gigs, which might be expensive compared to other providers (I wouldn't know, I've never used anyone else), but the completion rates are excellent, and multipart binary posts are retained for 10 days. The speed is good too.

Avoid giganews at all costs (well, it will be actually cheaper with any other provider). They are acting towards their users like police. At least in the past (from my own experience) they were terminating "unlimited" accounts because they thought the user consumed too much bandwidth even using the same ip address. They are certainly watching their users.
ditto

Postby max2 » Mon May 08, 2006 1:26 am

ditto wrote:
Andy L wrote:I've been on GigaNews for the last four months now, and I would wholeheartedly recommend them.

I'm paying $12 a month for 10 gigs, which might be expensive compared to other providers (I wouldn't know, I've never used anyone else), but the completion rates are excellent, and multipart binary posts are retained for 10 days. The speed is good too.

Avoid giganews at all costs (well, it will be actually cheaper with any other provider). They are acting towards their users like police. At least in the past (from my own experience) they were terminating "unlimited" accounts because they thought the user consumed too much bandwidth even using the same ip address. They are certainly watching their users.

No there not. I know someone who downloaded well over 1 TB with Giganews unlimited.

I think this is a rumor people came up with because they are mad at Giganews catching them abusing their service by using more than one ip address at the same time.
max2

Postby Damolee » Tue May 09, 2006 1:19 pm

Well, i'm on my first month with Giganews and have read alot of news. Will be 150GB by the end of the first week.

If I have polished 500GB at the end of the month and they get rid of me, I can tell you now they are BS.

I use more than one IP because I have no choice, I don't have a static IP address and not paying £5 a month extra to my ISP for one.

Can anyone recommend anyone apart from Giganews, who has 60 day+ retention and an Unlimited service ok with heavy users? ...just incase it comes to that.
$25 or £13 a month is the most i'd spend on one.

EDIT: Just read what you put max2, you can't actually use more than one IP at the same time with Giganews now.

I discovered my download had cut off with an error, got intouch with Giganews support and it was because my IP address had changed mid download.
My ISP had re-synced so IP had changed.
Now I tend to reconnect if I am going to do a heavy download session. Usually resets itself every 30 odd hours or so.
Damolee

Postby nicklinus » Tue May 09, 2006 2:00 pm

wow that is a prety stricked ISP i dont have a static IP and mine only changes like every 6 months or so.
nicklinus

Postby max2 » Tue May 09, 2006 2:27 pm

nicklinus wrote:wow that is a prety stricked ISP i dont have a static IP and mine only changes like every 6 months or so.

I would have to agree.
max2

Postby Damolee » Tue May 09, 2006 6:55 pm

Might have jumped the gun a bit, no way of knowing how often it does change,but I just reset my router and it was different, so who knows.
Damolee

Postby max2 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:26 pm

Damolee wrote:Well, i'm on my first month with Giganews and have read alot of news. Will be 150GB by the end of the first week.

If I have polished 500GB at the end of the month and they get rid of me, I can tell you now they are BS.

I use more than one IP because I have no choice, I don't have a static IP address and not paying £5 a month extra to my ISP for one.

Can anyone recommend anyone apart from Giganews, who has 60 day+ retention and an Unlimited service ok with heavy users? ...just incase it comes to that.

EDIT: Just read what you put max2, you can't actually use more than one IP at the same time with Giganews now.

I discovered my download had cut off with an error, got intouch with Giganews support and it was because my IP address had changed mid download.
Now I tend to reconnect if I am going to do a heavy download session. Usually resets itself every 30 odd hours or so.

Exactly these people who spit out these lies about Giganews are trying to spread BS and they know it.

There just made that Giganews either caught them sharing their Giganews account with more than one person at the same time or there just trying to hurt Giganew's business. There just mad about the real truth. That newshosting will always suck.
max2

Postby knighshade » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:06 pm

max2 wrote:
Damolee wrote:Well, i'm on my first month with Giganews and have read alot of news. Will be 150GB by the end of the first week.

Exactly these people who spit out these lies about Giganews are trying to spread BS and they know it.

There just made that Giganews either caught them sharing their Giganews account with more than one person at the same time or there just trying to hurt Giganew's business. There just mad about the real truth. That newshosting will always suck.

@Damolee
I feel your pain man I was one of the many unfortunate victums of the Giganews machine with pretty looking website(woo hoo!), GN suxorz, they billed me twice even after I had cancelled, and when every I did try to use my account half the time I could not freakin log in! If you want excellent usenet service use Newshosting(http://www.newshosting.com) I have been using them for 8 months now and I have not had a single issue! As for the "lies" max2 refers to, turns out the "lies" are only "lies" because I am pretty sure max2 works for Giganews in some fashion and he know that they are not lies and wont admit it! Im not after max2 or how he promotes his employer, but I just don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did. Down with overrated and over priced Giganews, and up with Newshosting! :P
Happy downloading to all!

F.Y.I.
1 yr. unlimited download from GN = $199.88
1 yr. unlimited download from NH = $155.00
knighshade

Postby max2 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:23 pm

knighshade wrote:
max2 wrote:

@Damolee
I feel your pain man I was one of the many unfortunate victums of the Giganews machine with pretty looking website(woo hoo!), GN suxorz, they billed me twice even after I had cancelled, and when every I did try to use my account half the time I could not freakin log in! If you want excellent usenet service use Newshosting(http://www.newshosting.com) I have been using them for 8 months now and I have not had a single issue! As for the "lies" max2 refers to, turns out the "lies" are only "lies" because I am pretty sure max2 works for Giganews in some fashion and he know that they are not lies and wont admit it! Im not after max2 or how he promotes his employer, but I just don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did. Down with overrated and over priced Giganews, and up with Newshosting! :P
Happy downloading to all!

F.Y.I.
1 yr. unlimited download from GN = $199.88
1 yr. unlimited download from NH = $155.00

I bet thats because you were abusing the service by letting your friends use it as well but just don't want to admit it. You can't have more than one ip address use it at one time or else your going to get your account terminated like you did. Lock, terminated same thing.

You need to check your math.
max2

Postby knighshade » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:22 am

max2 wrote:I bet thats because you were abusing the service by letting your friends use it as well but just don't want to admit it. You can't have more than one ip address use it at one time or else your going to get your account terminated like you did. Lock, terminated same thing.

You need to check your math.

@max2
You know as great as I heard Giganews service was, I almost wish you were right that I did abuse my acount, but sadly for Giganews I did not. I simply had a awful experience! The reason I kept getting locked out of my account is because my IP that is given to me via DHCP from my ISP changes frequently, I cannot control this! So GN would lock me out! A service is no good if you cant use it. I pay to use Newshosting every month and they actualy let me use what I pay for everyday(what a freakin concept!) max2 if you need an explanation about DHCP lease times let me know I will be happy to help. 8)

As far as my MATH goes, I think it's pretty good because I pay Newshosting half what Giganews charges and the service is excellent.
knighshade

PreviousNext

Return to NewsGroups