Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Flat-Earther blasts off into California sky in homemade steam-powered rocket

Discuss the latest news about space, the natural World, energy, green issues and more. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Flat-Earther blasts off into California sky in homemade steam-powered rocket

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:48 pm

Story : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/25/flat-earther-blasts-california-sky-h

A self-taught rocket scientist has blasted himself high into the California sky using a steam-powered contraption he built in his garage, the first step in his long-term aim of proving the Earth is flat.

“Mad” Mike Hughes propelled himself 1,875 feet (571m) into the air above the vast Mojave desert in the homemade rocket before deploying his parachute and landing back to Earth with a bump.

The madcap 61-year-old limo-driver-turned-daredevil was visibly dazed as he was carefully lifted from his seat and was checked over by paramedics as he lay exhausted on the ground following a hard landing which damaged the front of his rocket.

“Do I believe the earth is shaped like a frisbee - or flat? I believe it is,” he said last year. “I cannot disprove it after my months of research. Do I know for sure? No. That’s why I want to go up into space 62 miles up to settle this thing once and for all for people who want to know.”

MrFredPFL

Return to Science News