Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

darknet?

Discussion about the DirectConnect program and network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

darknet?

Postby honz318712 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:07 pm

I have an established Darknet consisting of myself and several friends to share files. I am currently using Ynhub and ApexDC++, in conjunction with Hamachi VPN. I am concerned about security and possible problems from our ISP(s), hence the usage of Hamachi to make sure all communications are encrypted.

We have recently begun outgrowing Hamachi, it has a 15 user limit for the free version. Other than that it functions very well and I can't say much bad about it. We are considering removing Hamachi and simply using Ynhub and ApexDC++ without any added security from a VPN.

So my question is, should I be worried? From what I understand ApexDC++ compresses transfers using ZLIB. Is this in itself some sort of encryption? Is there any built in encryption between the hub and the clients?
Obviously I'll be making user accounts in Ynhub, so it won't be like anyone can just join the hub. I am specifically concerned about my ISP monitoring traffic and possible seeing copyrighted content being shared.
honz318712

Return to DirectConnect