Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

DC++ very slow?!?!?

Discussion about the DirectConnect program and network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

DC++ very slow?!?!?

Postby Beffyluv » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:03 pm

Ok guys, on average what kind of speeds do you get outta DC++. I used it briefly and thought it was really nice for music and the like, but when i tried to download bigger files i got terrible speeds. Is this kind of network known to be slow like the ed2k/kad network or what?
Beffyluv

Postby Asuran » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:51 pm

It depends so much on the hub and it's rules. I've been using hubs that have a minimum requirement of 10Mbps upload band and have no problems with speed I'm getting in there. If the hub lets anyone in, I suppose it can get pretty slow.
Asuran

Postby Beffyluv » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:12 pm

Hmm that's funny i usually had a pretty big amount of junk in my folder, so the hubs i got in weren't that easy to get in.

But you say, that the speed doesn't just count on the uploader and downloader it counts on the hub too, meaning the hub could speed you up, or slow you down?
Beffyluv

Postby Asuran » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:30 pm

No, I mean that in addition to the amount of share, the hub needs to set a minimum upload speed limit for those who enter. If everyone on the hub can upload fast, then all in all, it will be fast for everyone.

If no limits on the speed are set, people with slow connections can enter and the end result is slow transfers...

On the hubs I use, everyone is required to have a minimum of 10Mbps upload bandwidth.
Asuran

Postby Beffyluv » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:51 pm

Oh alrighty.
Beffyluv

Return to DirectConnect