Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

DC++ Stopps responding, Corrupted installation

Discussion about the DirectConnect program and network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

DC++ Stopps responding, Corrupted installation

Postby Kloppstock » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:44 am

I have got some very anoying problem just latley, DC++ allways stopp responding after 1 minute only, this has becomed permanent, i know it started to occur just after one of thoose random crashes that happends not wery often at all (i hade it active for a long time before it crashed)
but unfortenley it seems like the files in the D++ map where hurt this last time? seens DC started s freezing over & over again like just like thath BUT after 30 seconds as worst

i have tested to re-hash my shared files without effect
if i should remove old queve, favorites, and all thoose old stuff and start a complete fresh installtion i bett there will not beANY such crashes all of a sudden
so basicly this can be solved to start fron zero again i think,
To bad for me that i dont wanna loose my old backup!!! :evil: :) its hard to accept that 2 years work should be for nothing just for a single pitty crash :shock: and I dont want to change to another better direct connect client either :wink:

last time the same scenario happend (6 month ago) the problem only dissapeard after re-installing windows, and i fell i wanna avoid thath

Im sure there is no memory problem ore anything other going one with my computer, have changed nothing latley that could have hade any known affect on DC?

is there any way to solve this with still my old DC mapp
anyone have heard of any similar?

Greatfull for answers
Kloppstock

Postby Progz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:57 pm

ok at the moment that is way to much for me to read...but did you try some other program like apex++?
Progz

Postby Kloppstock » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:13 am

Progz wrote:ok at the moment that is way to much for me to read...but did you try some other program like apex++?

Kloppstock wrote:and I dont want to change to another better direct connect client either

my old installation is so precious you see :shock:
Kloppstock

Postby jokster » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:13 pm

just reinstall it. DC++ should remember all your stats and up/downloads but just to be sure make a backup of your original install folder first.
Capitalism Is Cannibalism
Resistance is fertile
jokster

Postby Kloppstock » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:06 pm

jokster wrote:just reinstall it. DC++ should remember all your stats and up/downloads but just to be sure make a backup of your original install folder first.

I did, it didn help unfortentley. took 30 sec, then it was dead, i tested the latest beta allso
Kloppstock

Postby Kloppstock » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:07 pm

I solved it, Favorites.XLM was corrupted, i replaced it with an older saved Favorites.XLM and the froz-ups dissapeared

if you ever get the issue thath DC stops respond like me, you should do like this and remove ore replace favorites in you DC map
Kloppstock

Return to DirectConnect