Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Whats DC like these days

Discussion about the DirectConnect program and network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Whats DC like these days

Postby abou105 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:27 am

havent used it since original DC and i was on dial up then so it was quickly uninstalled

what is the community like and the clients now any tips appreciated

brigning this up as in the which p2p will show most gorwth the network poped in to my head and im curious
abou105

Re: Whats DC like these days

Postby P2P_G » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:42 am

abou105 wrote:havent used it since original DC and i was on dial up then so it was quickly uninstalled

what is the community like and the clients now any tips appreciated

brigning this up as in the which p2p will show most gorwth the network poped in to my head and im curious

DC is wery good...i like the idea that you need to share files to connect to the hubs :D
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby LaX » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:48 am

As for clients, I tend to favor RevConnect (Reverse Connect DC++) and Strong DC. They both support multisourcing and StrongDC is very customizeable. Both has lots of functions.
LaX

Postby abou105 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:23 am

Geez i just looked at the list of public servers and some have 100gb file minimum thats mad

im guessing its still big for movies mainly

do you think it is any way on par with newsgroups release speed wise, im just trying to get and idea of what makes so many ppl use the network u know what its perks are over other netowrks because alot of peopl ehere dont seem to mention it
abou105

Postby LaX » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:00 am

It doesnt get releases as fast as usenet. Only BT do sometimes. DC has quite a lot of users because of a few things. Hubs have minimum shares, thus eliminating leechers. You can chat with other people in the hub, kinda like irc chat. And it has a lot of content.
LaX

Postby abou105 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:59 pm

i am very intreged by it and cant wait to give it a proper whirl i wonder what the population is from looking at some of the numbers on the public hubs it looks like it is a very big network which seems to be overlooked by people (me included)

What about speeds is it quick ?
abou105

Postby Progz » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:19 pm

abou105 wrote:i am very intreged by it and cant wait to give it a proper whirl i wonder what the population is from looking at some of the numbers on the public hubs it looks like it is a very big network which seems to be overlooked by people (me included)

I use StrongDC++ So I can get more sources to download..and its fast for movies. I dont see why you dont just like download the program and try it :? ?
Progz

Postby LaX » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:16 am

You really should try it. With multi sourcing I maxed out my line quite a lot.
LaX

Postby abou105 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:45 pm

Progz wrote:
abou105 wrote:i am very intreged by it and cant wait to give it a proper whirl i wonder what the population is from looking at some of the numbers on the public hubs it looks like it is a very big network which seems to be overlooked by people (me included)

I use StrongDC++ So I can get more sources to download..and its fast for movies. I dont see why you dont just like download the program and try it :? ?

i plan to

i have nearly reached my cap for the month need to wait til febuary u see
abou105

Postby LordSabbath » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:32 am

McDC++ is very nice client. Clean, easy, powerful and acceptable in 99% of hubs.

Owner of HUB 'n' ROLL
hubnroll.no-ip.com
http://www.freewebs.com/hubnroll/

LordSabbath

Postby Progz » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:34 am

abou105 wrote:
Progz wrote:

i plan to

lol you got a bandwidth limit? your isp must be dirt poor.
Progz

Postby sandydoull » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:54 pm

I regularly max out my 10Mbit connection so i am guessing you will reach your cap pretty quick, the most I ever downloaded was about 50gig in a few weeks!!
sandydoull

Postby abou105 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:25 am

Progz wrote:
abou105 wrote:
Progz wrote:

i plan to

lol you got a bandwidth limit? your isp must be dirt poor.

no its very fast actually turns out im capped at 10gb but they dont have the facility to do it atm so i get unlimited for free

yey
abou105

Return to DirectConnect