Slyck Chatbox - And More

Firefox loads only 50% of pages when DC++ running

Discussion about the DirectConnect program and network
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby persianpower » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:23 pm

I am having a strange problem with the latest versions of DC++, and Firefox. Only up to recently, Firefox has increasingly been failing to load webpages. Basically, when Dc++ is connected, Firefox fails to load pages 50% of the time. Sometimes, the disconnection problems last a few seconds, sometimes minutes but eventually Firefox lets me see the page. When I close DC++, FIrefox acts normally.

Note: I've been using Dc++ for 3 days now, and only on the 3rd day did Firefox begin to appear affected. I am running Xpsp2, and have all the latest updates and run a spy-free computer.

Thx
persianpower

Re: Firefox loads only 50% of pages when DC++ running

Postby notbob » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:36 pm

dc++ is probably using all available bandwidth, so your firefox can't load pages

get something that limits bandwidth like netlimiter so that you set some bw aside for browsing
i eat regularly
notbob

Postby HEAT84 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:37 pm

Doesn't the DC++ client have a Bandwidth throttle?
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Postby notbob » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:13 pm

not the official client. some alternate versions do, but they are often banned by hubs. they can't ban netlimiter
i eat regularly
notbob

Postby Overnet User » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:42 am

see about getting more upspead/downspeed. This can help with the bandwidth and see about proper configuration of you client. Another alternative is to get another isp that has heavier pipes or have your isp upgrade the pipes. I have had this done on 2 of my isp's so far. They will see the need for it and upgrade usually with only throttles in between the upgrade while they are upping your speed and adding more bandwidth. Bigger providers already have the said bandwidth usually available so it may not be a problem with them though.
Why Join The Fight?
http://www.eff.org/bloggers/join/
News Without Queues: Follow OvernetUser on Twitter http://twitter.com/OvernetUser
Overnet User

Postby multivariable » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:49 am

Overnet User wrote:see about getting more upspead/downspeed. This can help with the bandwidth and see about proper configuration of you client. Another alternative is to get another isp that has heavier pipes or have your isp upgrade the pipes. I have had this done on 2 of my isp's so far. They will see the need for it and upgrade usually with only throttles in between the upgrade while they are upping your speed and adding more bandwidth. Bigger providers already have the said bandwidth usually available so it may not be a problem with them though.

What versions of the DC++ client and Firefox do you suppose he was using in September 2007? :roll:
multivariable

Return to DirectConnect