Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

BitTorrent Tracker Admin Jailed for 18 Months

News about the BitTorrent Network. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

BitTorrent Tracker Admin Jailed for 18 Months

Postby SlyckTom » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:52 pm

Story : http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-admin-jailed-for-18-months-080909/

The fallout from the FBI raid on EliteTorrents in 2005 continues. Today, 26 year-old Daniel Dove has been sentenced to 18 months in prison and a $20,000 fine for the work he put in on the private BitTorrent tracker Elitetorrents.

Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Re: BitTorrent Tracker Admin Jailed for 18 Months

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:58 pm

18 months thats rough.
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Postby Your_Mentor » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:21 pm

Time will fly by.. 18 months in club fed.. Its a cake walk. IF fucking Martha Stewart can do it, anyone can.
Your_Mentor

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:56 pm

I don't care if the prison he has to spend 18 months in is a tropical paradise, the fact is I'd rather not be told where I am confined for the next 18 months. And a criminal conviction will do wonders for this poor guy. Not to mention legal fees and a $20k fine. For sharing files. Man, that's rough.
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Postby TorrentMama » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:21 am

piXelatedEmpire wrote:I don't care if the prison he has to spend 18 months in is a tropical paradise, the fact is I'd rather not be told where I am confined for the next 18 months.

that's not what you told me over my dungeon intercom last night... and how did you get internet access down there?
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 pm

TorrentMama wrote:
piXelatedEmpire wrote:I don't care if the prison he has to spend 18 months in is a tropical paradise, the fact is I'd rather not be told where I am confined for the next 18 months.

that's not what you told me over my dungeon intercom last night... and how did you get internet access down there?

:lol: :loveyou:
piXelatedEmpire

Return to BitTorrent News