Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discussion

For discussion of the threatened legal action surrounding the alleged filesharing of pornography, computer games and music. (Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK)
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Welcome to this forum, should you have received a letter do not panic, read the threads and make a (hopefully more informed) decision on how you want to proceed.

To avoid repeating previous posts, please familiarise yourself with the following information before posting.

Summary site (BeingThreatened.com) and Chat (IRC) or Chat (WebClient)

Speculative invoicing and “pay up or else” schemes for copyright infringement - Citizen's Advice Bureau

Speculative Invoicing Handbook

I've received a letter, what should I do? and Davenport Lyons - What can we do as a group?

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:05 pm

I would ask the question Mullard whether they were helping victims of elder abuse, or guiding those who wish to perpetrate elder abuse. Crossley is well versed in the latter, and as you say, nobody does grannies like @thebowdenator.

I know I have mentioned 5 Oak Way (Crossley Mansion) being for sale in the past, but it has definitely been sold now.

Image

Well, Warrens Law went in to administration on 15:44 on 26 April 2019. I just find that funny! 15:43 they were solvent. 15:44 Quantum Leap, sorry, Quantuma LLP took over as administrators! Never mind!

Anyway, Crossley sells his house for £725K in February and Warrens is in administration in April.

You could form an opinion on that.
"Hatton & Berkeley, which provides financial services to small businesses, sent the letters on behalf of its client TCYK LLC to Mrs Drew. Robert Croucher, managing director of Hatton & Berkeley, said: "They [the letters] are part of what's referred to as a pre-action protocol. We send them before action...They don't actually make a demand for money."
Source Link: BBC News
bpaw
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Appletree » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:01 am

What is the state of copyright trolling in the UK? I'm new to the country. Articles on Torrentfreak would suggest it's died down.
Appletree
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Stressed_Out » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:21 am

I'm not well up on "Bankruptcy" but how can "Fat Andy" sell his house for £725,000 when he declared himself Bankrupt.

He tried for long enough, so has he achieved his goal and finally duped the Legal system at last?

How can this disreputable and disgraced specimen of a solicitor get away with it!

I'm confused.
Stressed_Out
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Mullard47 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:33 am

Stressed_Out wrote:I'm not well up on "Bankruptcy" but how can "Fat Andy" sell his house for £725,000 when he declared himself Bankrupt.

He tried for long enough, so has he achieved his goal and finally duped the Legal system at last?

How can this disreputable and disgraced specimen of a solicitor get away with it!

I'm confused.


Either whatever net beneficial interest he had in the house was bought out from the trustee/OR, or it was nil or de minimis.

The house sold recently for little more than was paid for it prior to the 2008 financial crash. Taking sale costs into account and the fact that me may not have been the sole owner, it may well be that at the time of the bankruptcy order and the three years time limit that follows, that his interest was valueless in the context of bankruptcy proceedfings.
Mullard47
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Stressed_Out » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:19 pm

I am at present watching a BBC4 showing of a program

"From Ice To Fire -the incredible Science of Temperature:

Presented and narrated by "Dr Helen Czerski"!!!

Forgive me but is this the same person associated with ACS et al as an "Expert witness" in "Fat Andy" and others "Speculative Invoicing Scam?"
Stressed_Out
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Stressed_Out » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:28 pm

@Mullard

The info you have imparted is expanding my understanding and general knowledge and I thank you for that.
Stressed_Out
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Strawman » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:05 am

Stressed - to answer your post from a couple of months ago, there are actually two Jonathan Cohen QCs.

I have come across them both and Jonathan Cohen QC from 4 Paper Buildings is a lovely chap and a real gentleman, who would have nothing to do with GEIL, TCYK, etc. He is the one who has just been appointed a High Court judge.

The other Jonathan Cohen QC (from Littleton Chambers) picked up the brief from the scammers and has acted for them since at least 2012.
Strawman
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:15 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Strawman » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:18 am

I have read over the judgment from July and in my view, it is basically curtains for the scammers. They have had years to get their case in order. However all signs point to the likelihood that the brief to Cohen was a dog's dinner. Sure, Cohen then tried to salvage it with the amendments per Annex 1, but even that couldn't ameliorate a fundamentally flawed application.

They could file again, with an amended application, but they may be advised against taking the risk. They have already taken a bath on costs in respect of the hearing in July, and they may find themselves further in the hole if they try again. In any event, quite how they will come up with the missing evidence is unclear, and it may just not be worth the cost outlay - they only sent 749 letters, and fewer than 100 settled? They should quit while they are behind.
Strawman
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:15 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Stressed_Out » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:09 am

Thanks for the update Strawman.

Also. Came across this article. Maybe the more IT and legally savvy members may be able to use it if it has any relevance to the "Scams" in this country, and if so advise members on the procedure to acheive its aims.

It seems to have advice which may or may not be added to the excellent and informative "Speculative handbook".

https://www.webmasterworld.com/webmaste ... 353522.htm
Stressed_Out
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Stressed_Out wrote:Thanks for the update Strawman.

Also. Came across this article. Maybe the more IT and legally savvy members may be able to use it if it has any relevance to the "Scams" in this country, and if so advise members on the procedure to acheive its aims.

It seems to have advice which may or may not be added to the excellent and informative "Speculative handbook".

https://www.webmasterworld.com/webmaste ... 353522.htm

Hi stressed. Hope you are well, and all is good my friend!

Getty Images have been, and it seems always will be, one of those low lifes of the internet.

They offer what the internet is all about (Visual content) which is created by creators, but copyrighted by scum bags, and outsourced to bots to seek infringers.

Was a victim of these vermin myself where I work. Not long after my LoC from ACS:Law, so at the time very upset. I had to do the digging myself to realise they "monitored" a website hosted on a Chinese server for a Chinese company who mimicked the company name where I work. Their bots couldn't decipher real life and just decided on similarities.

That is speculative invoicing, and that is also Getty Images.

The difference with speculative invoicing and Getty Images from my perspective is ACS:Law, under the direction of Andrew Crossley were unrepentant in their quest to operate a scam purely for money even to those who denied the alleged infringement, whilst my experience with Getty Images was the phone call I made to them required very little effort to tell them their evidence was completely flawed, which they said sorry and the case is dropped.

ACS:Law operated within a sphere of alleged copyright infringement within a flawed UK Court judgement, whilst Getty just send out completely obscure claims based on algorithms that a bot has decided, for which a phone call from a victim to a well trained call-operative has to say the right words to make them drop the case.

Different levels of a scam, but they are a scam.
"Hatton & Berkeley, which provides financial services to small businesses, sent the letters on behalf of its client TCYK LLC to Mrs Drew. Robert Croucher, managing director of Hatton & Berkeley, said: "They [the letters] are part of what's referred to as a pre-action protocol. We send them before action...They don't actually make a demand for money."
Source Link: BBC News
bpaw
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:52 pm

Strawman wrote:I have read over the judgment from July and in my view, it is basically curtains for the scammers. They have had years to get their case in order. However all signs point to the likelihood that the brief to Cohen was a dog's dinner. Sure, Cohen then tried to salvage it with the amendments per Annex 1, but even that couldn't ameliorate a fundamentally flawed application.

They could file again, with an amended application, but they may be advised against taking the risk. They have already taken a bath on costs in respect of the hearing in July, and they may find themselves further in the hole if they try again. In any event, quite how they will come up with the missing evidence is unclear, and it may just not be worth the cost outlay - they only sent 749 letters, and fewer than 100 settled? They should quit while they are behind.

Can I just say Strawman that you bridge the line of technical and basic that makes anyone understand. That is a rare gift, and I suppose you use that gift in the work that you do for a living.

I am glad that you are on our side, like having Mullard on our side in all these years.

I, as like others like Hickster will be very happy digging and annoying those who are copyright trolls, and that is our talent. But those like Strawman and Mullard are those who examine the truth as best as they see it, with the evidence they see. That is an amazing talent which I will always be appreciative of.

In my thought, I was expecting a fight! Copyright Trolls obtained an NPO etc. I was on high alert to dig the dirt.

The true situation is the "incoming" scenario we have been used to in the past, where innocent people register on slyck.com and ask for help, hasn't happened.

It's been a while, and I so much am glad of this!
"Hatton & Berkeley, which provides financial services to small businesses, sent the letters on behalf of its client TCYK LLC to Mrs Drew. Robert Croucher, managing director of Hatton & Berkeley, said: "They [the letters] are part of what's referred to as a pre-action protocol. We send them before action...They don't actually make a demand for money."
Source Link: BBC News
bpaw
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Hickster » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:57 am

Hello all, I hope all is well

Just seen this

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10255160

They seem to be the official "FACT" (https://www.fact-uk.org.uk/about-us/)

HOWEVER.

See who has registered at the same address with the same name.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/sear ... DE+LIMITED


https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi ... pointments

This seems bogus to me, I cannot imagine that the real people behind FACT, would have anything to do with an Uber-Driver beating lowlife like Croucher. SCRAP THIS

EDIT: It seems that FACT really are that desperate to destroy their reputation. See here. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=uk

Is it worth investigating?

It seems we have won at least a major Battle with these scumbags.
Please feel free to email me at:
acs.bore@gmail.com

Read the BLOG Here
http://acsbore.wordpress.com

Faceless Keyboard Warrior
User avatar
Hickster
Faceless Keyboard Warrior
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi Hickster mate

Great find, and very interesting.

The link here is Kieron Sharp, with the same mugshot here for FACT.

The word fact is going to do my head in here!

Your first link Hickster is Fact Worldwide Linited, who used to be called AfterTheFactLimited from your link.

Whilst the long established FACT have their listing HERE

Buena Vista - Resigned, Motion Picture Ass - Resigned, Paramount Pictures - Resigned, Sky plc - resigned, Sony Pictures - Resigned, Walt Disney - Resigned, and on and on..... in November 2016.

Keiron and others were appointed Directors of Fact World Wide from 2016 onwards.

What are the facts here? A copyright organisation that looks doomed is then taken on by some H&B dodgy character and assumes the FACT persona? All at the same address?

FACT didn't do BitTorrent, so where do these charlatans go?

On another note...…..

Terry Stephens introducing Julian Becker at a UKAP meeting:

[/url]Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEagT1Cfmk8


(I realise that YouTube videos don't play on this forum, so please click the "Watch On YouTube" to see the video)

Bragging about what he is famous for......is that a FACT?
"Hatton & Berkeley, which provides financial services to small businesses, sent the letters on behalf of its client TCYK LLC to Mrs Drew. Robert Croucher, managing director of Hatton & Berkeley, said: "They [the letters] are part of what's referred to as a pre-action protocol. We send them before action...They don't actually make a demand for money."
Source Link: BBC News
bpaw
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Just to emphasise a bit further.

fact-uk website from wayback archive on 13th October 2016:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161013213656/https://www.fact-uk.org.uk/

Then 11th November 2016:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161111120211/https://www.fact-uk.org.uk/

Major film industry and content provider "partners" resign from old FACT-UK in 2016, and new FACT-UK resurrects in 2016 with a brand new website.

It is horrendous to think that the previous film and content industry backed FACT has now been hijacked by H&B affiliated-et-al.

Apart from H&B are tarnished by Croucher, so FACT will be tarnished, and will quickly be degraded as the once powerful organisation they once were.

I am sure us slyck.com members can help with this!
"Hatton & Berkeley, which provides financial services to small businesses, sent the letters on behalf of its client TCYK LLC to Mrs Drew. Robert Croucher, managing director of Hatton & Berkeley, said: "They [the letters] are part of what's referred to as a pre-action protocol. We send them before action...They don't actually make a demand for money."
Source Link: BBC News
bpaw
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:15 pm

A recent post on TorrentFreak from the ever so excellent Andy:

https://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-related-eu-court-191116/

Cyprus-based Mircom (full name Mircom International Content Management & Consulting) has another case on the boil, this time against Telenet, the largest provider of cable broadband in Belgium. In common with previous cases, this one is also about the unlicensed sharing of pornographic movies using BitTorrent.

Mircom says it has thousands of IP addresses on file which can identify Telenet subscribers from which it wants to extract cash payments. However, it needs the ISP’s cooperation to match the IP addresses to those customers and the case isn’t progressing in a straightforward manner.

As a result, the Antwerp Business Court (Ondernemingsrechtbank Antwerpen) has referred several questions in the matter to the European Court of Justice. As usual, there are several controversial as well as technical points under consideration.

Virgin and Telenet have got a bit ballsey, and decided to fight these trolls with....erm…..legal options.

I think GDPR regulations, and the possible fines for any misuse of personal data has maybe changed how ISPs handle requests.

Is there now a trade off in ISPs minds of the rewards of per IP address disclosure set against claims from a victim to the ECoJ of their private personal data being disclosed against their will?

We don't know, but we have two examples of ISPs who have challenged the trolls. And yes maybe GEIL with Virgin was a feck-up by GEIL, but if Virgin were paid per IP address without possible comeback, would they have challenged?

Again we don't know.

We do know that since GDPR, the score is 2-0 to justice against the same trolls.

What does a possible 20 million euro fine against an ISP from a possible judgement against them make an ISP think? Fear I think. There isn't an example judgement that has happened yet. Which ISP wants to take the per IP address payout from a troll and risk the fine?
"Hatton & Berkeley, which provides financial services to small businesses, sent the letters on behalf of its client TCYK LLC to Mrs Drew. Robert Croucher, managing director of Hatton & Berkeley, said: "They [the letters] are part of what's referred to as a pre-action protocol. We send them before action...They don't actually make a demand for money."
Source Link: BBC News
bpaw
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Hickster » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:03 pm

Damn you are good Bpaw. So basically it seems the REAL Fact, (Federation against copyright theft) is no more, and the name has been taken over by a bunch of shysters. Where have we seen that before.......

Also interesting is that the NEW FACT, is only known as FACT, they do not contain the previous full name.


The Mircom case, is I am sure the twitching corpse of this whole sorry mess. The fact the ISPs are fighting back, we should all be proud of the work and pressure we have done, that has contributed to this point. They should have done this from the start.

I hope the board is well and good, I still look in on you all.
Please feel free to email me at:
acs.bore@gmail.com

Read the BLOG Here
http://acsbore.wordpress.com

Faceless Keyboard Warrior
User avatar
Hickster
Faceless Keyboard Warrior
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Stressed_Out » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:07 am

Good to see the "Scamsters" are still under surveillance by Bpaw the Guardian of the Innocent.
As Hickster has said I too hope everyone is well. :toast:
Stressed_Out
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:59 pm

Hey thanks Hickster, but you brought the heads up, so the thanks is all to you. And thanks Stressed for the kind words, I mean really kind words!

A big reciprocated thanks to Hickster and Stressed from me, sincerely.

I would like to just say the most enjoyable thought I have is to those slyck members who joined and may have posted once or twice with worry, but forgot slyck when the worry disappeared. Also those who didn't register but read the posts, then never came back because they got sound advice.

None of that is measurable with statistics or visitor logs, but is measurable in absence of victims needing our help.

The absence of victims is a testimony to all of us here, and no one member deserves more praise than anyone else. We are a community, and one victim who may have provided an LoC to Hickster or me has contributed more than Hickster and me, because we couldn't have learned about the trolls without it.

As far as I am concerned, I am not so good as the ones who contributed on the Davenport Lyons/ACS:Law etc thread pre-ACS:Law email leak who were REALLY fighting a battle, for which Hickster was one of them.

Hickster is the true hero.

But most of all in all this, who are the true heroes in all this, is slyck.com. slyck.com, and the moderators who did not let such an emotional problem lead to unreasonable posts, wilfully guided, helped and moderated everyone along the way to the point where we are now.

slyck.com, slyck.com moderators (Past and present), slyck.com members and guests, I salute you :headbang:

I would also ask a roll call to anyone who doesn't mind to log in and say hi! Or even a guest to register and say hi!

Say hello to slyck.com!
"Hatton & Berkeley, which provides financial services to small businesses, sent the letters on behalf of its client TCYK LLC to Mrs Drew. Robert Croucher, managing director of Hatton & Berkeley, said: "They [the letters] are part of what's referred to as a pre-action protocol. We send them before action...They don't actually make a demand for money."
Source Link: BBC News
bpaw
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby wronglyac » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:56 pm

Just a quick hello from me to say I'm still here and still visit several times a week and will continue to do, until these people stop trying to scam innocent people.

Great to see that these people are still being closely monitored and this site and members are available to assist any potential victims.
wronglyac
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:22 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Aliceinwonderland » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi All

Just want to say, I’m also keeping an eye on the posts and will continue to do so. Always happy to support and help the fight against these trolls

All the best all, keep up the good work

Alice
Aliceinwonderland
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:57 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Slick50 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:06 am

Can't believe these threads are not only still going but Andrew Crossley's name is still popping up. I was accused by Davenport Lyons in 2008 and used these threads religiously. I remember the huge ACS Law data dump. Great times.

Still see the same members around too!.
Slick50
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 7:51 am

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Strawman » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:33 am

bpaw wrote:
Strawman wrote:I have read over the judgment from July and in my view, it is basically curtains for the scammers. They have had years to get their case in order. However all signs point to the likelihood that the brief to Cohen was a dog's dinner. Sure, Cohen then tried to salvage it with the amendments per Annex 1, but even that couldn't ameliorate a fundamentally flawed application.

They could file again, with an amended application, but they may be advised against taking the risk. They have already taken a bath on costs in respect of the hearing in July, and they may find themselves further in the hole if they try again. In any event, quite how they will come up with the missing evidence is unclear, and it may just not be worth the cost outlay - they only sent 749 letters, and fewer than 100 settled? They should quit while they are behind.

Can I just say Strawman that you bridge the line of technical and basic that makes anyone understand. That is a rare gift, and I suppose you use that gift in the work that you do for a living.

I am glad that you are on our side, like having Mullard on our side in all these years.

I, as like others like Hickster will be very happy digging and annoying those who are copyright trolls, and that is our talent. But those like Strawman and Mullard are those who examine the truth as best as they see it, with the evidence they see. That is an amazing talent which I will always be appreciative of.

In my thought, I was expecting a fight! Copyright Trolls obtained an NPO etc. I was on high alert to dig the dirt.

The true situation is the "incoming" scenario we have been used to in the past, where innocent people register on slyck.com and ask for help, hasn't happened.

It's been a while, and I so much am glad of this!


Cheers bpaw! Yes, law is what I do - and it means that I find the scammers' technical competence very interesting indeed.

When they inevitably eventually vanish, having failed to make good on their threats following their re-ignition, it will sadly not be with a fanfare, but a whimper.

What really gets my goat is that the scammers are still being supported by people qualified in the law. There is no doubt in my mind that such activity brings the legal profession into disrepute. Their new processes have not made their demands any less dishonest or disingenuous.
Strawman
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:15 am

Previous

Return to Torrent Download Court Action Threat/Settlement Letter Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
© 2001-2008 Slyck.com