Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discussion

For discussion of the threatened legal action surrounding the alleged filesharing of pornography, computer games and music. (Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK)
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Welcome to this forum, should you have received a letter do not panic, read the threads and make a (hopefully more informed) decision on how you want to proceed.

To avoid repeating previous posts, please familiarise yourself with the following information before posting.

Summary site (BeingThreatened.com) and Chat (IRC) or Chat (WebClient)

Speculative invoicing and “pay up or else” schemes for copyright infringement - Citizen's Advice Bureau

Speculative Invoicing Handbook

I've received a letter, what should I do? and Davenport Lyons - What can we do as a group?

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Hickster » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:35 pm

Mullard47 wrote:Whilst on the subject of limited companies, NG3Sys Ltd. has been dissolved.

And significant control of another company has passed to someone who has a bit of a heritage in the general topic of this thread: ST PAUL'S SOLICITORS LIMITED.


Good spot Mullard
[url]
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 2/officers
[/url]

Seems it was once Rodney Warrens, until his outfit went into administration, Warren was of course the man that gave Crossley a Job after ACS LAW collapsed. Backscratching and all that.
Please feel free to email me at:
acs.bore@gmail.com

Read the BLOG Here
http://acsbore.wordpress.com

Faceless Keyboard Warrior
User avatar
Hickster
Faceless Keyboard Warrior
 
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm

@mullard & @hickster :thumbup:

Filing history on St Pauls (Ex Criminal Law Defence Ltd) shows incorporation in 2014 (By Rodney Warren), dormant 2016, March 2019 appointment of Crossley (With significant control, and cessation of Rodney Warren with significant control), name change April 2019 and address changed April 2019:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08905122/filing-history

And:

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practice/criminal-firm-goes-under-but-most-jobs-rescued/5070186.article

In a statement, Sean Bucknall, partner at Quantuma, said: ‘Andrew Hosking and I were appointed as joint administrators of Warren’s Law on 26 April. We have since completed an accelerated sale of the business. This has resulted in 95 per cent of jobs being saved at the company, following a very small number of redundancies prior to our appointment.’

According to the Warren’s website, crime and matrimonial client files will transfer to national firm Reeds Solicitors. All civil litigation files have been transferred to London firm St Paul’s Solicitors.

Bold my emphasis.

Rodney Warren (Or Rodders as I affectionately know him as), is 70 years old, so it could figure a transition of some sort. The dates and company filings seem to suggest so.

The website is pretty much under construction, so it will be pretty interesting if Crossley factors in some social media links to it!

Edit:
I can't link to it, but the domain of their website is registered "Registrant State/Province: Buckinghamshire", which Crossley is registered at:

CROSSLEY, Andrew Jonathan
Correspondence address
Ashwell's Farm, Chesham Lane, Chalfont St. Giles, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom, HP8 4AS


Edit x2:
Just a thought that Rodney Warren goes in to administration, and the principle solicitor has another company. That company changes control to another solicitor, then the administrators of Rodney Warren transfers files to that company.

I don't know the finances involved in the administration process, but it seems so convenient.

Maybe more learned members of slyck could shed a light on this in a legal sense?
"Hatton & Berkeley, which provides financial services to small businesses, sent the letters on behalf of its client TCYK LLC to Mrs Drew. Robert Croucher, managing director of Hatton & Berkeley, said: "They [the letters] are part of what's referred to as a pre-action protocol. We send them before action...They don't actually make a demand for money."
Source Link: BBC News
bpaw
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:43 pm

This Rodney Warren seemed like a refuge for the damned.

https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check/582861/

Firm details
Firm or organisation at time of matters giving rise to outcome
Name: Rippon Patel & French LLP
Address(es): 37 Harley Street, London, W1G 8QG
Firm ID: 450754
Firm or organisation at date of publication
Name: Rodney Warren & Co Ltd
Address(es): 23 Middle Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1AL
Firm ID: 627553

Bold & Underline my emphasis

Summary of Facts
2.1. On 21 June 2017 Sian McKay was convicted at Hastings Magistrates' Court of driving with excess alcohol.

Admissions
3.1. Sian McKay admits and the SRA accepts that by virtue of her conviction for driving with excess alcohol, she has failed to uphold the rule of law in breach of Principle 1 of the SRA Principles 2011.

This is the very same Sian McKay with Crossley at St Pauls:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/person/306789/sian-mckay

:toast:
"Hatton & Berkeley, which provides financial services to small businesses, sent the letters on behalf of its client TCYK LLC to Mrs Drew. Robert Croucher, managing director of Hatton & Berkeley, said: "They [the letters] are part of what's referred to as a pre-action protocol. We send them before action...They don't actually make a demand for money."
Source Link: BBC News
bpaw
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby Mullard47 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:07 pm

bpaw wrote:This Rodney Warren seemed like a refuge for the damned.

https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check/582861/

Firm details
Firm or organisation at time of matters giving rise to outcome
Name: Rippon Patel & French LLP
Address(es): 37 Harley Street, London, W1G 8QG
Firm ID: 450754
Firm or organisation at date of publication
Name: Rodney Warren & Co Ltd
Address(es): 23 Middle Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1AL
Firm ID: 627553

Bold & Underline my emphasis

Summary of Facts
2.1. On 21 June 2017 Sian McKay was convicted at Hastings Magistrates' Court of driving with excess alcohol.

Admissions
3.1. Sian McKay admits and the SRA accepts that by virtue of her conviction for driving with excess alcohol, she has failed to uphold the rule of law in breach of Principle 1 of the SRA Principles 2011.

This is the very same Sian McKay with Crossley at St Pauls:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/person/306789/sian-mckay

:toast:


Maybe the philosophy is to provide professionals who have the experience to be able to truly empathise with their clients.

As to "Rodders", I don't know about that that, although I did hear the name "Bunsen Honeydew" once mentioned in that context.
Mullard47
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Re: Golden Eye Int LTD / GEIL / MIRCOM / TCYK Threat Discuss

Postby bpaw » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:07 pm

Mullard47 wrote:
bpaw wrote:This Rodney Warren seemed like a refuge for the damned.

https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check/582861/

Firm details
Firm or organisation at time of matters giving rise to outcome
Name: Rippon Patel & French LLP
Address(es): 37 Harley Street, London, W1G 8QG
Firm ID: 450754
Firm or organisation at date of publication
Name: Rodney Warren & Co Ltd
Address(es): 23 Middle Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1AL
Firm ID: 627553

Bold & Underline my emphasis

Summary of Facts
2.1. On 21 June 2017 Sian McKay was convicted at Hastings Magistrates' Court of driving with excess alcohol.

Admissions
3.1. Sian McKay admits and the SRA accepts that by virtue of her conviction for driving with excess alcohol, she has failed to uphold the rule of law in breach of Principle 1 of the SRA Principles 2011.

This is the very same Sian McKay with Crossley at St Pauls:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/person/306789/sian-mckay

:toast:


Maybe the philosophy is to provide professionals who have the experience to be able to truly empathise with their clients.

As to "Rodders", I don't know about that that, although I did hear the name "Bunsen Honeydew" once mentioned in that context.

Image

Dunno Mullard mate. Can't see why. You must of heard wrong!
"Hatton & Berkeley, which provides financial services to small businesses, sent the letters on behalf of its client TCYK LLC to Mrs Drew. Robert Croucher, managing director of Hatton & Berkeley, said: "They [the letters] are part of what's referred to as a pre-action protocol. We send them before action...They don't actually make a demand for money."
Source Link: BBC News
bpaw
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: ACS:Law leaked spreadsheet

Previous

Return to Torrent Download Court Action Threat/Settlement Letter Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
© 2001-2008 Slyck.com