Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Still safe to use Limewire?

Discussion of the Gnutella network and the Gnutella clients such as Gnucleus, XoloX, Shareaza, LimeWire and BearShare
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Still safe to use Limewire?

Postby bsabbath » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 pm

I don't share many files over Gnutella at all, but I would like to know if it's still safe to use Limewire, I get much faster speeds with Limewire pro then with Frostwire.
bsabbath

Re: Still safe to use Limewire?

Postby Progz » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:03 pm

bsabbath wrote:I don't share many files over Gnutella at all, but I would like to know if it's still safe to use Limewire, I get much faster speeds with Limewire pro then with Frostwire.

i dunno why would you get faster speeds from limewire pro then frostwire considering its the same thing...there is no difference with pro and non pro. either way yeah it is still ok (theres no such thing as safe) to use it since its just connects to the gnutella server...like frostwire does.. :roll:
Progz

Postby roomy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 pm

Progz wrote:since its just connects to the gnutella server...like frostwire does.. :roll:

There is no such thing as a Gnutella server.
roomy

Postby Progz » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:10 pm

roomy wrote:
Progz wrote:since its just connects to the gnutella server...like frostwire does.. :roll:

There is no such thing as a Gnutella server.

duh i knew that silly :lol:
Progz

Postby OhMyGod » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:16 pm

As of right now Limewire is still safe to use but you might want to use PeerGuardian while downloading.

If Limewire does add the filter to its latest versions than you can still use the older ones to avoid getting filtered results.

There still will be Gnutella programs like Frostwire
and Phex that will be updated.

Thanks. :D
OhMyGod

Postby bsabbath » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:45 pm

Progz wrote:
bsabbath wrote:I don't share many files over Gnutella at all, but I would like to know if it's still safe to use Limewire, I get much faster speeds with Limewire pro then with Frostwire.

i dunno why would you get faster speeds from limewire pro then frostwire considering its the same thing...there is no difference with pro and non pro. either way yeah it is still ok (theres no such thing as safe) to use it since its just connects to the gnutella server...like frostwire does.. :roll:

No, I have noticed more results and better speeds from personal experience.
bsabbath

Postby WildHeart » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:52 pm

Frostwire is a copy of Limewire Basic - not Limewire Pro. Limewire Pro connects to 5 Ultrapeers, Basic connects to 3. Pro also allows more simultaneous downloads than Basic (not sure of the number).

I would expect better performance from Limewire Pro than from Frostwire.

As for safety, they both connect to the same network. I would expect one to be as safe - or as unsafe - as the other.
"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."
- Will Rogers -
WildHeart

Postby OhMyGod » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:02 am

Phex connects to as many Ultra-Peers as you want.

I have Phex setup to connect up to 8 Ultra-Peers.

Phex has better Gnutella support than both Limewire Pro and Frostwire.

Thanks. :D
OhMyGod

Return to Gnutella